Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default American Flag = Offensive...

Debbie McLucas comes from a patriotic family – her husband and both of her sons served in the U.S. military, and her daughter is currently deployed to Iraq on her second tour of duty as a combat medic.

So when McLucas arrived at work at a Texas hospital last Friday, she was stunned to be told that the Stars and Stripes she had hung in her office in advance of Memorial Day were offensive, and that the flag had been removed.

“I got into work, I was met by my supervisor and told that there had been multiple complaints, that people found the flag very offensive and it had been taken down," McLucas told FOXNews.com.

"I went to the office to retrieve it and found the flag wrapped around the pole, sitting in the corner on the ground. I was speechless."

McLucas, a supervisor at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield, Texas, had displayed the 3-by-5-foot flag in the office she shares with the hospital’s three other supervisors. McLucas said one of her colleagues, a woman who immigrated to the United States from Africa 14 years ago, complained about the flag to upper management, and the hospital decided to take down the flag.

"I was told that as long as my flag offended one person, it would be taken down," McLucas said.

She said the hospital told her that the American flag flying outside the building would have to suffice. "I was told, ‘There is a flag hanging out front, everyone can see that one. Is that not enough?’"

No, she said, that wasn't enough.

"It is more than I can even fathom, that you would find the American flag offensive, in America," McLucas said.

A Kindred Healthcare spokeswoman did not return calls for comment. Kindred issued a press release stating, “Kindred Hospital Mansfield has a great deal of appreciation for the service that many of our employees and their families have given to their country. We honor our veterans and active military through a variety of benefits and service programs. This was an isolated incident between two employees that we are working to resolve amicably.”

The statement went on to explain: “The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up.”

And it will go back up and stay up, McLucas said.

"I do think they're trying to do the right thing. I have no reason to believe the flag won't remain there as long as I'm employed."
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

now I'm hardly the most patriotic rah rah flag waver around but this is amazing to me. I'm not sure how the US Flag could be considered "offensive" or inappropriate.

How that bitch wasn't told to stick it when she lodged her complaint is beyond me. Let her be offended. Let her cry to the ACLU. I'd LOVE to see them take THAT case.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I'd have stuck the pole (sans flag) up that woman's hind end! She'll moan about that flag until she uses it for HER freedom of speeech or something else that that flag REPRESENTS! You can't have it both ways!
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    McLucas said one of her colleagues, a woman who immigrated to the United States from Africa 14 years ago, complained about the flag to upper management, and the hospital decided to take down the flag.
    She wasn't so fucking offended by the flag when she decided to immigrate here though, was she?
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    She wasn't so fucking offended by the flag when she decided to immigrate here though, was she?
    ain't that the kicker!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    now I'm hardly the most patriotic rah rah flag waver around but this is amazing to me. I'm not sure how the US Flag could be considered "offensive" or inappropriate.

How that bitch wasn't told to stick it when she lodged her complaint is beyond me. Let her be offended. Let her cry to the ACLU. I'd LOVE to see them take THAT case.
    We've had the same thing happen here numerous times. Like you I'm not a flag waver, and I'm less than satisfied by government policy but here's the thing.
    One condo development forcibly removed a 2'x3' Canadian flag a couple had displayed on their patio in honour of their son killed in Afgahnistan. They were told that several people found the flag offensive and "against their civil rights". A large group of people decided to take this to the media and an amazing reversal in policy came to light and the same excuse was given. "it was the size of the flag" but they were allowed to put it back up. This is not the only issue we've had as far as traditional infringement.
    Every year around Christmas/Honukkha....we hear on the radio about complaints from Islamic migrants that are offended by Christmas or Honukkha displays in stores. Some even forcing their employers to submit to human rights tribunals that judge in favour that employees of another faith should not be subjected to open displays of faith in the workplace simply because they were asked to put out stock that happened to have a religeous or Christmas theme. Not that I'm a religeous person.... I do celebrate Christmas with my family...but this is pure bullshit in my opinion! I'm sorry. You migrate to another country; then you have every right to expect tollerance. Don't expect you have the right to decree the host country's beliefs or traditions, offensive and to be abolished. Yes.. I said abolished!
    We've even had debates weather religious holidays should be abolished as far as being celebrated with a stat holiday, so as not to offend our new neighbours. Now I happen to be friends with some Muslims, Indians, Chinese. Some are new to the country and some have been here for generations. None of them believe in this garbage. Most are proud to be living in a free country. One guy even wears a Canadian flag pin proudly since he became Canadian six years ago. Most of them even celebrate Christmas by at least putting up the tree. Its fun for the kids. They are of the same opinion as me. Now obviously some have issues, but screw 'em! If you don't like it don't look and celebrate your holiday, or put your flag up in your office or home. Be my guest! Why come to North America in the first place? This political correctness is gonna be the death of our nations if we don't get a handle on it.
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 06.15.09 at 12:07 PM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:06 PM
    Liked 3,115 Times in 1,826 Posts

Premium Member

So, I am (in a couple days) a college graduate. I took several more than the required PoliSci classes, including Constitutional Law, for my English degree....

...so in no way am I a constitutional expert, so would someone please point me to the spot in the constitution that protects my right not to be offended...?

All sarcasm aside, the ridiculous thing about this is its simplicity. Sometimes, where the government cannot "abridg[e]" one's "freedom of speech," someone else may get offended.

It is the way it is. But nowhere is someone constitutionally protected from being offended.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    ain't that the kicker!
    This reminds me of a funny story about a neighbor I had growing up. Let me preface this by saying that I am not racist nor do I wish to offend anyone. This was funny to me in an Archie Bunker sort of way – NOT because I agreed with the punch line that came out of my neighbor’s mouth. Anyway…

So we had a WWII vet and an older Asian guy living next to each other a few houses away and they would get into disputes over the littlest things. I was a teenager at the time and as I was leaving the house one morning to go to my summer job at about 7am, I see the two of them fighting. The Asian guy, who I’m pretty sure wasn’t Japanese – this will be important in a few moments, was upset because the WWII vet was mowing is his lawn so early. Apparently there was a town ordinance that prohibited yard work before 9 am and they had argued about this before.

So the vet yells loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear, “Well, you didn’t mind getting up early to bomb Peal Harbor!” Rarely have I laughed so hard…

- Dewey Cox

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    This reminds me of a funny story about a neighbor I had growing up. Let me preface this by saying that I am not racist nor do I wish to offend anyone. This was funny to me in an Archie Bunker sort of way – NOT because I agreed with the punch line that came out of my neighbor’s mouth. Anyway…

So we had a WWII vet and an older Asian guy living next to each other a few houses away and they would get into disputes over the littlest things. I was a teenager at the time and as I was leaving the house one morning to go to my summer job at about 7am, I see the two of them fighting. The Asian guy, who I’m pretty sure wasn’t Japanese – this will be important in a few moments, was upset because the WWII vet was mowing is his lawn so early. Apparently there was a town ordinance that prohibited yard work before 9 am and they had argued about this before.

So the vet yells loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear, “Well, you didn’t mind getting up early to bomb Peal Harbor!” Rarely have I laughed so hard

comedic GOLD right there!!!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

I would offer up some type of peace offering to the poor disgruntled employ from Africa. Perhaps a fly swatter painted up like an american flag Dear Santa....
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    You can't have it both ways!

You can't be in two flags.....

.....or is it bands?
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wham bam will rock View Post
    You can't be in two flags.....

.....or is it bands?
    And yet the Bitter Brothers both posess, presumably, dual citizenship...hmmmm...

- Dewey Cox

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Personally, I love the idea that some people are offended by the Stars & Stripes. They should interpret it as a giant "FUCK YOU, ASSWIPE".

About ten days ago, they found some guy near death in the unpressurized cargo bay of a jet that had come from Africa. The guy risked his life to live under this flag. Every day, hundreds of people risk their lives to cross blazing deserts, or strape together innertubes to cross a short stretch of the Atlantic to come to this country.

Tells me everything that I need to know about what my country still stands for (Canada too). People that are offended by that can bite my crank.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,337 Times in 3,183 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Debbie McLucas comes from a patriotic family – her husband and both of her sons served in the U.S. military, and her daughter is currently deployed to Iraq on her second tour of duty as a combat medic.

So when McLucas arrived at work at a Texas hospital last Friday, she was stunned to be told that the Stars and Stripes she had hung in her office in advance of Memorial Day were offensive, and that the flag had been removed.

“I got into work, I was met by my supervisor and told that there had been multiple complaints, that people found the flag very offensive and it had been taken down," McLucas told FOXNews.com.

"I went to the office to retrieve it and found the flag wrapped around the pole, sitting in the corner on the ground. I was speechless."

McLucas, a supervisor at Kindred Hospital in Mansfield, Texas, had displayed the 3-by-5-foot flag in the office she shares with the hospital’s three other supervisors. McLucas said one of her colleagues, a woman who immigrated to the United States from Africa 14 years ago, complained about the flag to upper management, and the hospital decided to take down the flag.

"I was told that as long as my flag offended one person, it would be taken down," McLucas said.

She said the hospital told her that the American flag flying outside the building would have to suffice. "I was told, ‘There is a flag hanging out front, everyone can see that one. Is that not enough?’"

No, she said, that wasn't enough.

"It is more than I can even fathom, that you would find the American flag offensive, in America," McLucas said.

A Kindred Healthcare spokeswoman did not return calls for comment. Kindred issued a press release stating, “Kindred Hospital Mansfield has a great deal of appreciation for the service that many of our employees and their families have given to their country. We honor our veterans and active military through a variety of benefits and service programs. This was an isolated incident between two employees that we are working to resolve amicably.”

The statement went on to explain: “The disagreement was over the size of the flag and not what it symbolized. We have invited the employee to put the flag back up.”

And it will go back up and stay up, McLucas said.

"I do think they're trying to do the right thing. I have no reason to believe the flag won't remain there as long as I'm employed."
    lI'd tell that bitch to go fuck herself with a hot-poker. If she's got a problem with the flag then maybe homeland security and INS needs to talk to her. This bullshit is the problem with America, everyone has to walk on eggs. If the flag offends her, then go the fuck home cause it ain't going away.
    Last edited by fudd; 06.15.09 at 03:13 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    Personally, I love the idea that some people are offended by the Stars & Stripes. They should interpret it as a giant "FUCK YOU, ASSWIPE".

About ten days ago, they found some guy near death in the unpressurized cargo bay of a jet that had come from Africa. The guy risked his life to live under this flag. Every day, hundreds of people risk their lives to cross blazing deserts, or strape together innertubes to cross a short stretch of the Atlantic to come to this country.

Tells me everything that I need to know about what my country still stands for (Canada too). People that are offended by that can bite my crank.
    Amen brother!
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.