Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Last Online

06.26.14 @ 10:45 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default General Admission - Your Opinion

So I elected not to buy the premium tix because these venues just aren't that big. But, I don't want to be in the back of the club, either (I'll be at the Myth in St. Paul). It's been years since I've been to a general admission show. So - what's your opinion? How early do I get there before doors open to get a decent seat/place to stand?

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts

Donor

Uh....early, if you wanna be up front. Count on standing in line for a few hours minimum, in hot Sammy markets up to six or eight, then another four for the show itself. Your feet will not thank u by end of night.

GA sucks, unless it's in a club. A small club.

I will pay for reserved seating front row any old day of the week before tossing elbows and getting stupid dillholes too drunk to enjoy the show stepping on my blue suede shoes.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 07:22 PM
    Liked 6,702 Times in 3,721 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Uh....early, if you wanna be up front. Count on standing in line for a few hours minimum, in hot Sammy markets up to six or eight, then another four for the show itself. Your feet will not thank u by end of night.

GA sucks, unless it's in a club. A small club.

I will pay for reserved seating front row any old day of the week before tossing elbows and getting stupid dillholes too drunk to enjoy the show stepping on my blue suede shoes.
    Agreed 100%. Didn't like GA shows when i was younger and absolutely hate them now.

Last Online

08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

The GA concept sucks big...that's the only part of the upcoming show in toronto i'm not looking forward to.
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...

VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

Hot For Teacher Amish Van Halen's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

at this time - OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

08.04.15 @ 12:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

GA is great! You just need to stand next to the right people. Preferably women who have had just enough to drink to have the urge to throw their tops on stage and ask you for assistance in removing said tops.
    Best concert ever...88 Monsters of Rock at the LA Coliseum with VH, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken and Kingdom Come.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Amish Van Halen View Post
    GA is great! You just need to stand next to the right people. Preferably women who have had just enough to drink to have the urge to throw their tops on stage and ask you for assistance in removing said tops.
    No, GA sucks balls. I'm pretty bummed that Green Day's and U2's upcoming tours have the entire stadium/arena floor as GA. What a clusterfuck. I'd have paid them good money for reserved pit seats, but hey, I can appreciate what they're trying to do, giving close access to as many people as possible for cheap, but...GA always results in someone getting hurt or too blotto to stand. Standing in piss and vomit, elbowing left and right with the crowd breakers. I'll take reserved seating in the loge, thanks.

We're grown ups now, and we like to enjoy the tunes more than getting wasted.

And I'm sure you've had dozens of gals ask you for assistance in removing their tops during concerts.

Favorite VH Album

at this time - OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And I'm sure you've had dozens of gals ask you for assistance in removing their tops during concerts.
    What can I say? I've been very fortunate.
    Best concert ever...88 Monsters of Rock at the LA Coliseum with VH, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken and Kingdom Come.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me/Dreams/Learning
    Last Online

11.14.12 @ 08:49 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Being up front is the best concert experience for this band by far...as far as girls taking their tops off I haven't seen that at a Sammy show for years...kind of miss it

Last Online

Donor

What can I say? I've been very fortunate.
    LOFL, I'm sure you have. I just noticed your sig. '88 Monsters of Rock at the LA Coliseum your best show ever? ROFL. You must not have seen very many concerts over the years. What a clusterfucking mess that gig was.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

I did this 3 day festival in Atlanta about 5 years ago and it was all GA .I saw some great bands up close but I cant take the crowd surfing and mosh pits. I dont think even if I was 20 again I could get into that shit. So except for small clubs I'am done with GA.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

at this time - OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

LOFL, I'm sure you have. I just noticed your sig. '88 Monsters of Rock at the LA Coliseum your best show ever? ROFL. You must not have seen very many concerts over the years. What a clusterfucking mess that gig was.
    ahh but there is so much more to a concert than the music itself. Its not just about the destination...the journey there can leave just as big an impression. The drive from Phoenix to LA...getting lost in Compton in the middle of the night...tailgating with VH fans in the parking lot hours before the show...watching security feebly try to stop people from storming the floor when Metallica came on stage...and yes being part of that mass of people moving in rhythm to the music. I've been to plenty of concerts over the years but the only one that came close to this one was Peacemakers in Mexico.

Last Online

Donor

ahh but there is so much more to a concert than the music itself. Its not just about the destination...the journey there can leave just as big an impression. The drive from Phoenix to LA...getting lost in Compton in the middle of the night...tailgating with VH fans in the parking lot hours before the show...watching security feebly try to stop people from storming the floor when Metallica came on stage...and yes being part of that mass of people moving in rhythm to the music. I've been to plenty of concerts over the years but the only one that came close to this one was Peacemakers in Mexico.
    Yeah. I was one of the fellas who lost his 200 buck per ticket seats when the Metallica morons rushed the stage. Watched some people get hurt, lost my seat position when I helped a couple girls avoid the oncoming rush of punk drunk fuckwads uncaring of how they were elbowing anyone in the way.

Festival GA is only appreciated by losers who don't care about how they affect others' experience.

Plus, the Scorpions blew VH off the stage at the Coliseum that night. Not a great VH set, nowhere near the intensity of 5150 or FUCK tours. The subsequent OU812 non-festival leg was far better.

All day metal fests are a joke, always have been, always will be.

Favorite VH Album

at this time - OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah. I was one of the fellas who lost his 200 buck per ticket seats when the Metallica morons rushed the stage. Watched some people get hurt, lost my seat position when I helped a couple girls avoid the oncoming rush of punk drunk fuckwads uncaring of how they were elbowing anyone in the way.
    well fuck, no wonder we are in disagreement here. I can assure you I was not one of the little bitches bumrushing the stage during the Metallica set. My group waited til that storm had passed. That sucks you had to deal with that. I'm not saying the GA experience is equivalent to losing your virginity...just saying it has its moments.

Last Online

Donor

well fuck, no wonder we are in disagreement here. I can assure you I was not one of the little bitches bumrushing the stage during the Metallica set. My group waited til that storm had passed. That sucks you had to deal with that. I'm not saying the GA experience is equivalent to losing your virginity...just saying it has its moments.
    If it's not a small club, GA is a joke.

UsFest was no different. Buncha stanky muddy drunken bumblefucks jockeying and rumbling to get stageside for hours on end, flat beer and border brick weed and general fuckery....blecch.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

06.30.16 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

UsFest was no different. Buncha stanky muddy drunken bumblefucks jockeying and rumbling to get stageside for hours on end, flat beer and border brick weed and general fuckery....blecch.

Was it how it appeared on TV that the Scorps blew away VH at the US festival too? It's hard to really tell from tv, but that was the impression I got.