Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

04.24.11 @ 06:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Fixing It

As the great philosopher Bocephus once sad, "I am into happy and I don't like sad."

With that in mind, I've noticed there's a bunch of sad around here. Most of this sad stems from Ed's treatment of Mike and to a lesser extent Sam.

The Tragedy in Cleveland robbed me of the best possible realization of a life long dream...to see Ed, Dave, Mike, Al and Sam put it all behind them and embrace the greatness that is the Mighty Van Halen.

The Coup de Wolf has led to a great deal of bitching and moaning, despite the fact that it has also led to a sober Eddie onstage with Dave and a kickass new band called Chickenfoot. I offer, for your approval, an idea that might reduce the amount of bitching and moaning around these Links...might lead to peace in the Middle East...and more improbably, might someday lead to a Chickenfoot/Van Halen tour.

I've drafted a little letter for Ed to consider. It's a model apology. The idea isn't to put words in his mouth, but to offer guidance on what would make things right in our view. If/when Ed decides that he's ready to take that step, I say we take up a collection and offer to publish it as a full page ad. In other words, we want to help him make things right. We love him, we want to help.

The letter might go something like this...

Dear Fans,

Music is my life. Thanks to you, I've been able to spend my life doing what I love. There are some other people who have helped me as well. Unfortunately, I haven't always treated them very well.

Sammy Hagar pisses me off because he's a better businessman than I am. Sometimes it felt like I was there for the music and Sammy was there for the money. Still, Sammy was a kick ass singer who took this band to great new heights. I'd like to thank him for that. For helping me get my music out to you fans.

Mike Anthony and I have never been as close as it looked onstage. In my opinion, Mike didn't work as hard as I did and that pisses me off. When my son learned to play bass and expressed an interest in our music, I saw an opportunity to get a bass player that I loved and respected more than Mike. That idea lit a fire that probably saved my life. So I fired Mike. That was my choice, that was my right. However, I want to acknowledge that I should have handled it better. I also want to say that it was wrong of me to try to pretend that Mike wasn't an important part of Van Halen.

I'd like to put the past behind. I'm happy now. I understand that Mike and Sammy are happy where they are. While I'll always believe that Van Halen is the greatest band in the world, I wish them the happiness they deserve.

I'm not much for words...I speak through my music. I'd like to let my music tell you just how ready I am to move on from all this nonsense. I'd like to get together for a one-time show. It will be a celebration of what Van Halen was, what we are, and what we will be.
    I like Van Halen.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

1 thru Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

05.07.15 @ 12:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh... Hi Jesus... you're back already??? I thought VH would have done the reunion first??? Oh well... What's that??? All Van Halen fans get to go to heaven??? Why??? OOOOOOOOOOOOH.... because they've already been thru hell... I get it!
    The Pumpkinhead!

"After three decades you still don't get the fact that VH the band was greater than the sum of all of its parts -- and those parts fit perfectly together, especially in the CVH lineup." - Delighted Romeo, Hit the nail right on the God Damn Head!!!

Banned!
    Last Online

06.26.09 @ 12:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by groucheux View Post
    As the great philosopher Bocephus once sad, "I am into happy and I don't like sad."

With that in mind, I've noticed there's a bunch of sad around here. Most of this sad stems from Ed's treatment of Mike and to a lesser extent Sam.

The Tragedy in Cleveland robbed me of the best possible realization of a life long dream...to see Ed, Dave, Mike, Al and Sam put it all behind them and embrace the greatness that is the Mighty Van Halen.

The Coup de Wolf has led to a great deal of bitching and moaning, despite the fact that it has also led to a sober Eddie onstage with Dave and a kickass new band called Chickenfoot. I offer, for your approval, an idea that might reduce the amount of bitching and moaning around these Links...might lead to peace in the Middle East...and more improbably, might someday lead to a Chickenfoot/Van Halen tour.

I've drafted a little letter for Ed to consider. It's a model apology. The idea isn't to put words in his mouth, but to offer guidance on what would make things right in our view. If/when Ed decides that he's ready to take that step, I say we take up a collection and offer to publish it as a full page ad. In other words, we want to help him make things right. We love him, we want to help.

Dear Fans,

Music is my life. Thanks to you, I've been able to spend my life doing what I love. There are some other people who have helped me as well. Unfortunately, I haven't always treated them very well.

Sammy Hagar pisses me off because he's a better businessman than I am. Sometimes it felt like I was there for the music and Sammy was there for the money. Still, Sammy was a kick ass singer who took this band to great new heights. I'd like to thank him for that. For helping me get my music out to you fans.

Mike Anthony and I have never been as close as it looked onstage. In my opinion, Mike didn't work as hard as I did and that pisses me off. When my son learned to play bass and expressed an interest in our music, I saw an opportunity to get a bass player that I loved and respected more than Mike. That idea lit a fire that probably saved my life. So I fired Mike. That was my choice, that was my right. However, I want to acknowledge that I should have handled it better. I also want to say that it was wrong of me to try to pretend that Mike wasn't an important part of Van Halen.

I'd like to put the past behind. I'm happy now. I understand that Mike and Sammy are happy where they are. While I'll always believe that Van Halen is the greatest band in the world, I wish them the happiness they deserve.

I'm not much for words...I speak through my music. I'd like to let my music tell you just how ready I am to move on from all this nonsense. I'd like to get together for a one-time show. It will be a celebration of what Van Halen was, what we are, and what we will be.
    Unfortunately Eddie isn't man enough to do something like this.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

10.22.16 @ 08:45 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts

If Ed were to write that letter, it would look something like this...

Fuck, fuck,fuck, wear a cup, fuckin' fuck, 100 albums worth of music....fuckin' fuck Mike Anthony--can't be in two bands....fuck...getting married, Wolfie's graduating...fuck fuck

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:57 AM
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts

Donor

ROFL. While you're wishing and shitting in both hands, please put in a good word for the wish fairy to grant me my Cathy Zeta one-night boon, please.

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dear Fans,

The problem is that EVH doesn't agree with most or any of this. I think from his behavior over the past couple of decades, we are fairly well aware that he's not a stand-up guy. He never takes the blame for any problems involving him, the band, or his relationships with former and current members of the band. It pains me to say this because I admired and revered the guy when I was growing up. I've moved way past that admiration and reverence now due in part to age and changing life circumstances but also due to EVH's actions. I don't have a lot of faith in EVH anymore as a musician but I have even less faith in him as a person that is supposed to have credibility and integrity. I also don't share his enthusiasm for the new bass player, even if he could play to half the level that EVH thinks.
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    ROFL. While you're wishing and shitting in both hands, please put in a good word for the wish fairy to grant me my Cathy Zeta one-night boon, please.
    VS, you're more likely to get a "Cleveland Steamer" from a Catherine Zeta-Jones lookalike than you are to get your "one-night boon" wish granted. Then again, that would be no worse than the "Cleveland Steamer" EVH gives all of us every single time he does an interview lately.
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH2
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls
    Last Online

04.24.11 @ 06:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sometimes I just don't get you, Squalen. It's the wish fairy...why limit yourself to one-night?

And I prefer to wish in one and shit in the other...that way I can still my nachos with one hand.
    I like Van Halen.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Delighted Romeo View Post
    VS, you're more likely to get a "Cleveland Steamer" from a Catherine Zeta-Jones lookalike than you are to get your "one-night boon" wish granted. Then again, that would be no worse than the "Cleveland Steamer" EVH gives all of us every single time he does an interview lately.
    The likelihood of me getting a Cleveland Steamer, or nay, even a Dirty Sanchez from the real bona fide Cathy Zeta Jones is more probable than the likelihood of Ed ever crafting a letter such as the above and following through on it.

That said, Ed puhleeze go ahead and do so, which not only would herald the age of Aquarius beginning in full, but also give me goddamned good odds on Mrs. Douglas squatting over my chest. I can't decide which would make me more delirious with shock and awe = a full blown dual singer dual era Van Halen tour with Mike back at the deep end helm, or CZJ doing the nasty pucker-up and bear-down for me.

Last Online

Donor

Sometimes I just don't get you, Squalen. It's the wish fairy...why limit yourself to one-night?

And I prefer to wish in one and shit in the other...that way I can still my nachos with one hand.
    Yeah, but nachos negate wishes, didn't you know? And nobody wants shitty nachos.

And I'm a simple man with humble goals. I'm quite okay with only eight hours of gymnastics with Cathy.

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The likelihood of me getting a Cleveland Steamer, or nay, even a Dirty Sanchez from the real bona fide Cathy Zeta Jones is more probable than the likelihood of Ed ever crafting a letter such as the above and following through on it.

That said, Ed puhleeze go ahead and do so, which not only would herald the age of Aquarius beginning in full, but also give me goddamned good odds on Mrs. Douglas squatting over my chest. I can't decide which would make me more delirious with shock and awe = a full blown dual singer dual era Van Halen tour with Mike back at the deep end helm, or CZJ doing the nasty pucker-up and bear-down for me.
    LMAO. After a very long day, I needed that laugh before I hit the sack. You have a way with words, my friend.

Last Online

Donor

LMAO. After a very long day, I needed that laugh before I hit the sack. You have a way with words, my friend.
    Right back at ya, bud.

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

All except "How Many Say I"
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 06:26 AM
    Liked 164 Times in 89 Posts

This thread is absurd.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, Fair Warning, WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

01.21.12 @ 03:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wishful thinking, but, this is beyond Ed. He puts blame on others, not himself. Always has, probably always will. It'll never happen.

After all, he IS GOD, as someone around here declared.

Favorite VH Album

The Classic 6 Pack
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

11.04.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 65 Posts

You got it all wrong DR... EVH only dishes out the common household Dirty Sanchez...
    Woke up this mornin, got Blue Moon in your eyes...
    http://www.myretrolounge.com