Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube

Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 03:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Jamie is getting her identity change

Yes, this guitar applied to be in the witness protection programme. I have covered over the original marks I Sharpied into cavities, etc. commemorating who this guitar was originally built in honour of. I just used a large (1" wide) Marks A Lot over anything having to do with "Jamie".

I decided to 'burst over the sides of the guitar to cover the horrendous binding glue job I did to this. This body had a serious case of binding-itis when I started to finish her, and it was a body that was never used by it's last owner!!! Who honestly uses that naff crap Stew Mac sells when CA glue is (in my blunt opinion) the best adhesive for binding? Yes, I had to reglue the binding. This guitar has been through a LOT in it's short lifetime.

I haven't decided what to do to the peghead. It obviously needed a bit of sealer after I painted it to somewhat match the body. I am thinking of doing one of the following:

1) sand the finish off and use a little Minwax Wipe-on Poly

2) seal, prime, the paint it Gold Top like the body

3) seal, prime, then paint it black

I would like your opinions on this matter.

She is a sweet playing and sounding axe, but I am thinking of flogging her after I have Gold Topped her. I dunno. There is a lot of bad mojo going on with her right now. I have too many bloody guitars, anyhow... Maybe I will feel differently after I have refinned her. She does feel good, has the right weight (heavy, but not a boulder) and plays like a mothaf***er. We will see. It's not this guitar's fault that the person she was named after ended up being a two-faced b****...

Pics to follow...
    Dammit!!! I still smell like cotton candy!!!

The one with Ed on guitar.
    Favorite VH Song

The one with Ed's amazing solo
    Last Online

10.20.16 @ 09:19 AM
    Liked 178 Times in 87 Posts

When I read the title of this thread I thought Jamie Lizewski (or however you spell her last name) was changing her name to Jamie Van Halen.