Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Default "What is...CHICKENFOOT!?" - My Full-Blown, Attempted-Proffesional Review

The question asked on February 19 by four guys of some new band with a weird name on their website has finally been answered, nearly four months later.

So what is the answer? What exactly is this 'Chickenfoot?'

Chickenfoot is essentially a new band of seasoned veterans, who've had their rounds with popular touring acts in the past, some of which dating back long ago, others not so long. But now that we've defined 'what' Chickenfoot is, let's define 'who' Chickenfoot is.

Chickenfoot is Sammy Hagar, Joe Satriani, Mike Anthony, and Chad Smith. Sammy Hagar is on lead vocals, now age 61 and a Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, and has had his run in the rock music industry for the last 35+ years, becoming a staple amongst music fans having sung lead vocals for popular early-American band Montrose in the early '70s, sporting a legitimate solo career for a good ten years after Montrose, and joined Van Halen for eleven years from 1985-1996. Since being fired from Van Halen, Hagar has been on-and-off, releasing music with his group the Waboritas, rejoining Van Halen in 2004, and continuing the solo gig until becoming a member of Chickenfoot.

Joe Satriani is a God among guitar players, known best for his skill and prowess behind an axe, gets his first real shot at recording as a permanent, official member of a rock band, a dream he's always had (despite touring with Deep Purple in 1994). Mike Anthony, Van Halen bassist of thirty years, finally breaks the shackles of the Lying Dutchmen (aka Edward and Alex Van Halen) and gets to let loose in a new project with his good buddy Hagar. And Will Farrell lookalike Chad Smith had been drumming for the now-disbanded funk/metal quartet the Red Hot Chili Peppers from 1989 to their break-up announced in 2008.

So what kind of music would these mis-matched lunatics come up with? Obviously by the names involved, it was going to be an interesting project. Fans got a taste on March 20 when two songs from the album, "Soap on a Rope" and "Down the Drain," were released to the internet. This sparked both a fan and media frenzy, as the songs were definitely what many people expected: Good, ol' fashioned, dirty rock 'n' roll music.

A few songs leaked here and there, but as a Chickenfoot fan since Day #1 (primarily due to being a huge Van Halen fan years ago thus being a very big fan of Sammy and Mike), I did my best to avoid them, for the surprise of whenever the album was released. And we saw that release on June 5th.

The album kicks off with the pounding rhythms of "Avenida Revolution," a song which starts the album off on a thunderous note. At age 61, Sam's vocals haven't lost a step and he sounds better than ever, not to mention his lyrics on the matter are very sound and admirable. Joe Satriani rips up the guitar like nobody's business, and proves exactly why he's always been a legitimate rock guitar player. Chad and Mike provide the rhythm section, with tribal beats that make you want to throw your fists up in commemoration of this notable ass-kicker. The song ends on something Van Halen fans hadn't experienced since the Fair Warning era in 1981: A prominent bass groove from Mike Anthony, one that could shut up any naysayer who says he can't play.

Following "Avenida," the album slips through two classic rock-sounding tunes, "Soap on a Rope" and "Sexy Little Thing." "Soap" exemplifies dirty rock n' roll at it's very finest, sporting less-than-perfect lyrics and bluesy instrumental sections, with admirable solos by Satch (including an outro seemingly paying tribute towards Montrose's "Good Rockin' Tonight) and another fine groove from Mike and Chad. "Sexy Little Thing" is a simple, Rolling Stones-inspired rocker that could get decent rotation on any classic rock station out there. Both songs feature prominent, high-pitched background vocals from Mike Anthony, a sound often associated with Classic Van Halen.

The next track is the album's lead single, "Oh Yeah!" It's a generic song that would probably be the weak spot of the album (if you can even call it 'weak'). It's a respectable number that features a fist-pumping, throat-scratching chorus that could drive any crowd wild, not to mention a very cool driving riff by Satriani that pretty much keeps the song alive. "Runnin' Out" follows it, which is a quick tune about "running out" of something different each time the phrase is said. Simple lyrics, but fine work by Hagar in that regard.

"Get It Up" follows, which is one of the best songs on the album, and most importantly shows off everyone's individual talents tremendously well. Joe lays down a very heavy riff, which is arguably one of the best, crunchy riffs we may have seen on ANY album in a number of years, while Chad pounds away in a very respectable manner on the drums. Mike and Sammy essentially share the vocal on this one, and the "ariba!" trade-offs between the two can be considered "classic Sam" (which isn't a good thing), but I'm partial to it. It's a wild song, and those are just wild moments of the song.

After that comes "Down the Drain," a song reportedly recorded in one take. If that's the case, it makes an excellent song even better. Satch shows off some fantastic blues playing while Mike and Chad lay down an easy groove along with it, as Sam continues to show off impressive vocal chops before the finale which ends the song on a victorious explosion of musical assault. "My Kinda Girl" follows, which I would suggest is used as the next single because of it's easy-going pop sensibility, not to mention it's a damn fine song which showcases each member respectfully.

"Learning to Fall" comes next, and while I'm usually the first to press the 'skip' button when a ballad comes up on the rotation, this one is a keeper. Beautiful lyrics and vocals by Sam, spectacular backing vocals from Mike Anthony which make you feel like you're lifting off to another dimension when listening, along with yet another great solo from Satch. "Turnin' Left" is after that, and is a cool, fun jam song featuring prominent, dual vocals between Sam and Mike, great drumming by Chad, and once again, excellent playing by Satch.

The final song on the CD version, "Future in the Past," can be argued as the best song on the album (though not my most favorite). This song has this group of guys experimenting in so many ways, jumping from a calm acoustic vibe, to a crunching funk vibe, to a Middle-Eastern vibe, and ending on a ridiculously victorious, climbing closing with Mike's backing harmonies behind just about everyone showing off their chops to end the album with a bang.

If you purchased the vinyl edition, the last song for you is "Bitten By the Wolf," which is a nice bluesy closer that was obviously recorded as more of a fun tune than anything, since now it's considered a 'rare bonus track' being a part of a rather obsolete form of media (which I prefer, mind you).

So, my rating? After three full listens in three totally different settings, I have to give this five stars out of five. Don't get me wrong, I expected to like it...a LOT. But I wasn't going to immediately give it five stars without forming an objective opinion. And after trying to find something wrong with it...I really couldn't. It may be the only album of 'new' music I've purchased over the years that I can call 'perfect,' as this thing doesn't have a bad moment, top to bottom. And yes, I said "Oh Yeah!" had it's weaknesses, but I was nitpicking. By no means is it a bad song. Nevertheless, as previously stated, five stars out of five.

So, there you have it. Listening, Eddie and Alex Van Halen? Two of these four guys are guys you fired, one guy who you thought couldn't play bass and another you suggested had terrible work ethic. They just put out one of the best 'new' albums I've purchased in my lifetime. You can shit-talk all you want, but Sam and Mike didn't need to do that. They spoke with music, and put your bullshit claims to rest. Maybe you guys should do the same. Is this a statement towards Van Halen from Sam and Mike? Absolutely not. Just two guys having the time of their lives, playing with two others doing the same. No agenda, nothing. Just straight-up rock 'n' roll. But I gotta say, as a longtime Mike Anthony fan, it's so nice to hear his backing harmonies and bass so prominent in these songs. He's truly an underrated musician.

As for Chad and Joe? What needs to be said about them? They both put up some of the best performances of their entire careers on this album. They're obviously having fun in the setting of another band and really don't have anything riding on this, like people want to believe Sam and Mike do. With all this said, the 'Foot remains the sum of its parts, and couldn't function properly without any one of the four guys.

Overall, I hope these guys continue kickin' some ass and release more music in the future. They've found a niche'. This is perfect for Satch and Sam; Satch because he always wanted to be in a rock band, and Sam because he always wanted to be in a FUNCTIONING rock band.

And if someone like my friend Laura can find this album to be as good as she thought it was, that speaks volumes to me, at just how updated the sound on this album actually is, as opposed to those who claim it sounds 'dated.'

Great stuff. All I can say to close this is, LONG LIVE CHICKENFOOT!

-Zach Bernard
    Last edited by ZachenFoot; 06.06.09 at 01:17 AM.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Will Ferrell look-alike, not Will Smith.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum View Post
    Will Ferrell look-alike, not Will Smith.
    Did I put Smith?

FAAHHHHCK!!

It's 3:30 in the AM and I did a shitload of driving all over northeast Illinois. Cut a guy some slack

It has been edited.

EDIT: Fuckin' A, I couldn't even spell "professional" correctly in the title. Can I get that edited, if a mod is reading? Wow, do I need some sleep!
    Last edited by ZachenFoot; 06.06.09 at 01:24 AM.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

No worries, bud. Expertly written. Fuck, some of the friggin reviews that get posted to legit news outlets out there can't even hold a candle to this thing.

Now, didn't you say you expected to be hip-deep in some poon by now? Get going!
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:19 PM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 1,001 Posts

Donor

Nicely done, Zach.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Thanks guys. Outside of a silly mishap in the review last night along with my inability to spell "professional" correctly, I think I did a pretty solid job considering how late it was

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Well done, as usual. Can't say that I can argue with much of it either.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Well done, as usual. Can't say that I can argue with much of it either.
    Thank you sir, it's greatly appreciated

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Great review and I agree that your review sums up my feelings pretty well. BTW I think Will Ferrell could pull off playing Will Smith better than Smith did playing James West in the Wild Wild West.
    If you want a little peace, sometimes you got to fight
    We got to walk through the darkness
    Before we stand in the light.
    -S. Hagar

http://www.chickenfoot.us/

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Pumk-ass kid, what the hell do you know?

Now that I've beated the 'Tards to it...

Great job, as usual, Zach.

Keep in mind one thing in the future. Leave the swear words out. First off, that's what will inite a flaming war. But, mostly, you're better than that.

For a 17 year-old, you have an uncanny knack for great writing, using words most kids your age, or adults for that matter, don't even know exist. You can paint a picture that puts us in a situation that we can actually visualize what you're writing.

Keep it up Zach. I can hear it now:

"The Pulitzer in literary writing goes to Zach Bernard"

"Thank You. First off, I want to thank my family, The VHLinkers out there that stood behind me in the early times...oh and mom & dad too."

"Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

pretty well written bro...a good assessment of the disc tune by tune.
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...

VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Zach, this was a very good review and I pretty much agree with everything you wrote.

I still can't believe you're only 17 years old. In addition to your strong analytical skills, your writing skills are superior to those possessed by many college juniors and seniors. I hope you're planning on furthering your education at the college level because I think it would be a waste of your specific talents if you didn't.

Of course, you misspelled "professional" in the thread title, but I'll cut you a little slack for that transgression.
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Redrockinmonkeyboy View Post
    Pumk-ass kid, what the hell do you know?

Now that I've beated the 'Tards to it...

Great job, as usual, Zach.

Keep in mind one thing in the future. Leave the swear words out. First off, that's what will inite a flaming war. But, mostly, you're better than that.

For a 17 year-old, you have an uncanny knack for great writing, using words most kids your age, or adults for that matter, don't even know exist. You can paint a picture that puts us in a situation that we can actually visualize what you're writing.

Keep it up Zach. I can hear it now:

"The Pulitzer in literary writing goes to Zach Bernard"

"Thank You. First off, I want to thank my family, The VHLinkers out there that stood behind me in the early times...oh and mom & dad too."

Oh, when I post stuff for my newspaper, on my website, or in the book I'm working on, I leave the swears out. Since this won't technically be published in a mass media outlet, I didn't see the harm. But I'd say I was pretty tame, yet I do understand the criticism. Just letting you know that, in a professional sense, it's not my style. So it's appreciated feedback.

But I do appreciate the positive feedback as well, my good sir. Always expected, and always delivered

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Delighted Romeo View Post
    Zach, this was a very good review and I pretty much agree with everything you wrote.

I still can't believe you're only 17 years old. In addition to your strong analytical skills, your writing skills are superior to those possessed by many college juniors and seniors. I hope you're planning on furthering your education at the college level because I think it would be a waste of your specific talents if you didn't.

Of course, you misspelled "professional" in the thread title, but I'll cut you a little slack for that transgression.
    Thanks a lot, man! And yes, based on my ACT scores and solid GPA, I do plan on attending college in order to further my education. Always wanted to get into sports journalism and eventually broadcasting, primarily baseball and maybe hockey too.

And yes, YES I realized I misspelled "professional." Maybe at the time I was debating between "professional" or "official" and ended up with a bizarre cross of the two. Either way, I think everyone gets the idea

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1, and Balance.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being.
    Last Online

09.24.17 @ 11:47 AM
    Liked 21 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZachenFoot View Post
    The question asked on February 19 by four guys of some new band with a weird name on their website has finally been answered, nearly four months later.

So what is the answer? What exactly is this 'Chickenfoot?'

Chickenfoot is essentially a new band of seasoned veterans, who've had their rounds with popular touring acts in the past, some of which dating back long ago, others not so long. But now that we've defined 'what' Chickenfoot is, let's define 'who' Chickenfoot is.

Chickenfoot is Sammy Hagar, Joe Satriani, Mike Anthony, and Chad Smith. Sammy Hagar is on lead vocals, now age 61 and a Rock & Roll Hall of Famer, and has had his run in the rock music industry for the last 35+ years, becoming a staple amongst music fans having sung lead vocals for popular early-American band Montrose in the early '70s, sporting a legitimate solo career for a good ten years after Montrose, and joined Van Halen for eleven years from 1985-1996. Since being fired from Van Halen, Hagar has been on-and-off, releasing music with his group the Waboritas, rejoining Van Halen in 2004, and continuing the solo gig until becoming a member of Chickenfoot.

Joe Satriani is a God among guitar players, known best for his skill and prowess behind an axe, gets his first real shot at recording as a permanent, official member of a rock band, a dream he's always had (despite touring with Deep Purple in 1994). Mike Anthony, Van Halen bassist of thirty years, finally breaks the shackles of the Lying Dutchmen (aka Edward and Alex Van Halen) and gets to let loose in a new project with his good buddy Hagar. And Will Farrell lookalike Chad Smith had been drumming for the now-disbanded funk/metal quartet the Red Hot Chili Peppers from 1989 to their break-up announced in 2008.

So what kind of music would these mis-matched lunatics come up with? Obviously by the names involved, it was going to be an interesting project. Fans got a taste on March 20 when two songs from the album, "Soap on a Rope" and "Down the Drain," were released to the internet. This sparked both a fan and media frenzy, as the songs were definitely what many people expected: Good, ol' fashioned, dirty rock 'n' roll music.

A few songs leaked here and there, but as a Chickenfoot fan since Day #1 (primarily due to being a huge Van Halen fan years ago thus being a very big fan of Sammy and Mike), I did my best to avoid them, for the surprise of whenever the album was released. And we saw that release on June 5th.

The album kicks off with the pounding rhythms of "Avenida Revolution," a song which starts the album off on a thunderous note. At age 61, Sam's vocals haven't lost a step and he sounds better than ever, not to mention his lyrics on the matter are very sound and admirable. Joe Satriani rips up the guitar like nobody's business, and proves exactly why he's always been a legitimate rock guitar player. Chad and Mike provide the rhythm section, with tribal beats that make you want to throw your fists up in commemoration of this notable ass-kicker. The song ends on something Van Halen fans hadn't experienced since the Fair Warning era in 1981: A prominent bass groove from Mike Anthony, one that could shut up any naysayer who says he can't play.

Following "Avenida," the album slips through two classic rock-sounding tunes, "Soap on a Rope" and "Sexy Little Thing." "Soap" exemplifies dirty rock n' roll at it's very finest, sporting less-than-perfect lyrics and bluesy instrumental sections, with admirable solos by Satch (including an outro seemingly paying tribute towards Montrose's "Good Rockin' Tonight) and another fine groove from Mike and Chad. "Sexy Little Thing" is a simple, Rolling Stones-inspired rocker that could get decent rotation on any classic rock station out there. Both songs feature prominent, high-pitched background vocals from Mike Anthony, a sound often associated with Classic Van Halen.

The next track is the album's lead single, "Oh Yeah!" It's a generic song that would probably be the weak spot of the album (if you can even call it 'weak'). It's a respectable number that features a fist-pumping, throat-scratching chorus that could drive any crowd wild, not to mention a very cool driving riff by Satriani that pretty much keeps the song alive. "Runnin' Out" follows it, which is a quick tune about "running out" of something different each time the phrase is said. Simple lyrics, but fine work by Hagar in that regard.

"Get It Up" follows, which is one of the best songs on the album, and most importantly shows off everyone's individual talents tremendously well. Joe lays down a very heavy riff, which is arguably one of the best, crunchy riffs we may have seen on ANY album in a number of years, while Chad pounds away in a very respectable manner on the drums. Mike and Sammy essentially share the vocal on this one, and the "ariba!" trade-offs between the two can be considered "classic Sam" (which isn't a good thing), but I'm partial to it. It's a wild song, and those are just wild moments of the song.

After that comes "Down the Drain," a song reportedly recorded in one take. If that's the case, it makes an excellent song even better. Satch shows off some fantastic blues playing while Mike and Chad lay down an easy groove along with it, as Sam continues to show off impressive vocal chops before the finale which ends the song on a victorious explosion of musical assault. "My Kinda Girl" follows, which I would suggest is used as the next single because of it's easy-going pop sensibility, not to mention it's a damn fine song which showcases each member respectfully.

"Learning to Fall" comes next, and while I'm usually the first to press the 'skip' button when a ballad comes up on the rotation, this one is a keeper. Beautiful lyrics and vocals by Sam, spectacular backing vocals from Mike Anthony which make you feel like you're lifting off to another dimension when listening, along with yet another great solo from Satch. "Turnin' Left" is after that, and is a cool, fun jam song featuring prominent, dual vocals between Sam and Mike, great drumming by Chad, and once again, excellent playing by Satch.

The final song on the CD version, "Future in the Past," can be argued as the best song on the album (though not my most favorite). This song has this group of guys experimenting in so many ways, jumping from a calm acoustic vibe, to a crunching funk vibe, to a Middle-Eastern vibe, and ending on a ridiculously victorious, climbing closing with Mike's backing harmonies behind just about everyone showing off their chops to end the album with a bang.

If you purchased the vinyl edition, the last song for you is "Bitten By the Wolf," which is a nice bluesy closer that was obviously recorded as more of a fun tune than anything, since now it's considered a 'rare bonus track' being a part of a rather obsolete form of media (which I prefer, mind you).

So, my rating? After three full listens in three totally different settings, I have to give this five stars out of five. Don't get me wrong, I expected to like it...a LOT. But I wasn't going to immediately give it five stars without forming an objective opinion. And after trying to find something wrong with it...I really couldn't. It may be the only album of 'new' music I've purchased over the years that I can call 'perfect,' as this thing doesn't have a bad moment, top to bottom. And yes, I said "Oh Yeah!" had it's weaknesses, but I was nitpicking. By no means is it a bad song. Nevertheless, as previously stated, five stars out of five.

So, there you have it. Listening, Eddie and Alex Van Halen? Two of these four guys are guys you fired, one guy who you thought couldn't play bass and another you suggested had terrible work ethic. They just put out one of the best 'new' albums I've purchased in my lifetime. You can shit-talk all you want, but Sam and Mike didn't need to do that. They spoke with music, and put your bullshit claims to rest. Maybe you guys should do the same. Is this a statement towards Van Halen from Sam and Mike? Absolutely not. Just two guys having the time of their lives, playing with two others doing the same. No agenda, nothing. Just straight-up rock 'n' roll. But I gotta say, as a longtime Mike Anthony fan, it's so nice to hear his backing harmonies and bass so prominent in these songs. He's truly an underrated musician.

As for Chad and Joe? What needs to be said about them? They both put up some of the best performances of their entire careers on this album. They're obviously having fun in the setting of another band and really don't have anything riding on this, like people want to believe Sam and Mike do. With all this said, the 'Foot remains the sum of its parts, and couldn't function properly without any one of the four guys.

Overall, I hope these guys continue kickin' some ass and release more music in the future. They've found a niche'. This is perfect for Satch and Sam; Satch because he always wanted to be in a rock band, and Sam because he always wanted to be in a FUNCTIONING rock band.

And if someone like my friend Laura can find this album to be as good as she thought it was, that speaks volumes to me, at just how updated the sound on this album actually is, as opposed to those who claim it sounds 'dated.'

Great stuff. All I can say to close this is, LONG LIVE CHICKENFOOT!

-Zach Bernard
    Awesome fucking review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!