Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

11.13.14 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Why does being an ex member of VH...

automatically mean that if you join a new band that Van Halen fan's should get excited?

Not to knock CF but Edward, Dave, Al and Wolgang's album (if they ever do one) would DESTROY anything CF does. I mean just because MA and Sam used to be in VH doesn't mean anything when it comes to music. We all love Van Halen because of one person and one person ONLY! The King Edward Lodewijk Van Halen! (with a little Diamond Dave thrown in of course).

I never got that. You know, I mean it's like "Hey! Gary Cherones little brother is in a band and since Gary used to sing with VH that means we should all get excited about his brothers new CD!!"

Michael Anthony is a SUPER guy! One of the greatest human beings out there but he really didn't write any of VH's music. He did, however, add his fantastic backing vocals but that doesn't mean shit when it comes to playing in another band WITHOUT the mighty EVH. Same thing with Sammy.

I remember back when Dave came out with "Eat 'em and Smile" and I worked at a record store and there were a couple of VH fans that were really fired up about Daves first album and I couldn't understand it at all. I would say "There's no Eddie! Who gives a shit?!"

Edward writes all the music therefore when any of the other guys play/records without him it may as well be...anyone ya know?

I'm sure CF is a great band and all but the association with great music that Sam and Mike have comes from EVH. Without EVH I couldn't care less. And i'm talking in the context of VH since this is a VH forum. I know some of you like Sam's solo stuff and that's cool ( I hated it) and we all love Mike but...

If you like CF because of their music and ONLY because of their music then that's great but if you like them because 2 of them used to be in VH then that's...goofy.

Now come on Ed, Al, Wolf and Dave. Let's show CF and the rest of the world why Van Halen's music is second to none! EDWARD!
    Last edited by batzilla; 06.05.09 at 10:53 PM. Reason: forgot a word : )

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:09 PM
    Liked 11,593 Times in 4,941 Posts

So what are you ranting about exactly? That this album is good and Van Halen who hasn't put out a decent piece of music in 13 years will destroy it? Uh...ok.

People are enjoying this album because it's a good album, and it doesn't hurt it has two guys in it who were in Van Halen. This is a Van Halen web site, hello?

I have no idea what your point is. Seriously. Eddie Van Halen isn't the only musician on the planet who makes good music....calm down.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 04:10 PM
    Liked 968 Times in 388 Posts

gonna be a fun thread

remember the old euas gang?

i am waiting for the new chickenfoot gang

LMAO
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I don't even understand what the argument is?? If someone can explain it to me, I'll be happy to debate.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

A bit of a long rant just to say it's all about Edward for you. Your seriously questioning why other people don't feel the same way as you with regards to it being only about Edward?

And why would you care why anyone liked this effort by CF? You seem threatened by this.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by batzilla View Post
    automatically mean that if you join a new band that Van Halen fan's should get excited?
    For me it's only because the music is outstanding and this lineup of musicians create something I can get into..mostly because I dig the music. Their live performances are amazing too. I'm not into Extreme at all, I couldn't have cared less about The Other Half or anything Sam did solo or with MA b4 this. So maybe 2% of the fan base will be excited because someone has a connection to VH but I think you are stretching it. Also this band doesn't threaten VH or Ed in any way. I don't know why you think because someone likes CF it has any negative reflection on Ed or VH.

Some people into CF may have a very strong anti EVH/VH4 opinion and voice but they don't represent everyone that likes CF. To like CF it isn't a prerequisite to hate EVH and VH4.

I'm as big of a fan of Ed's talent and music as anyone but there is much more out there than just Ed. CF is a real band and their debut is great regardless of what EVH and VH does.

I'm excited for new VH music but at the moment I'm loving this new band thats out.. ChickenFoot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Oh is that what this about, sucking Ed off again because god forbid anyone else in the Van Halen universe get credit for making a good album?

OK gotcha, now I am clear.

Why are some so angry about this album? I just don't get it. If it sucked, we'd all say so. The majority of people who have heard it (and not just here) like it, so what's the big deal?
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

LOL! Yeah... after reading what I posted it come out a little...weird.

What I mean is that it seems like people got excited about Chickenfoot only because of Sam and MA and what I was saying is that it's weird for Van Halen fans to think CF will be great just because 2 of the members used to be in VH.

Especially when both ex VH members didn't write the music. And I know that Ed isn't the only great song writer out there or that VH is the only great rock band I'm just talking about the odd human nature thing that makes people think the way they do when it comes to music.

Is that any better?

BTW, I just listened to a few of CF's tracks and...it's...rock. But replace the drummer with any other drummer and it's the same. Replace Sammy with Gary and it's the same, replace MA with another bass player and it's the same. Replace Satriani with...Gilbert and it's...a little better maybe : )

Seriously though, I didn't mean to come off as all mad at VH fans for diggin' CF I was just thinking about how strange it is that anyone would like them just because of their association with VH. That's all really.

CF is missing one element though that would really separate them from the other bands out there but I can't seem to put my finger on it... I KNOW! EDDIE WRITING AND PLAYING THE MUSIC!

Just kidding : )

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

I still don't understand your rant. You don't like the music, and everyone is replaceable in the band and it would still sound the same? Ok. It's hardly worth debating something so silly.

Come on man. Ed hasn't written anything worth a shit in 13 years, so why don't you let him do something first before you start singing his praises about what he may do. And his live playing....laughable since 1998 if you ask me. And that includes the last tour, where people let their hearts speak for their minds. If he could play and write something anywhere near as good now as the CF album, I'd be thrilled. And it's a win-win for VH fans if that happens.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

BTW, it is great to hear MA again even if the music is weak (only in my opinion). He's the coolest cat in the music biz and I know he's having a great time and that's what it's really all about anyways.

But you know he wishes, like Sam, that he was still in Van Halen

teehee...

No more! I promise : )

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by batzilla View Post
    But you know he wishes, like Sam, that he was still in Van Halen
    You really think that, I don't. I am sure they are disappointed it ended like it did, but I guarantee neither of them enjoyed being around Eddie at the end.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

i think people on here especially are excited because vh hasn't given us anything in a long time....and because we are all very familiar with these guys in the band, it gives us something to look forward to

the album is solid, no ifs buts or ands about it

regardless of what side of the fence you sit on, it's good, fun, dirty rock n roll

and when you look at the big picture, not many bands do that anymore, all the while especially having fun doing it

it's fucking music. have fun with it

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Joey M View Post
    i think people on here especially are excited because vh hasn't given us anything in a long time....and because we are all very familiar with these guys in the band, it gives us something to look forward to

the album is solid, no ifs buts or ands about it

regardless of what side of the fence you sit on, it's good, fun, dirty rock n roll

and when you look at the big picture, not many bands do that anymore, all the while especially having fun doing it

it's fucking music. have fun with it
    Amen.
    Webmaster

JamToThis.com
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

How about this. If Eddie asked Sam and Mike to rejoin Van Halen and dump Joe and Will Ferrell do you think they would? I mean, if Sam and Mike really knew Ed was serious and they knew (under contract) they would record 3 new albums together as Van Halen do you think they would?

Hell yes they would. And why?

And I wasn't meaning to sound like I was ranting. I was just posting an observation as to how fans respond to MA and Sam being in another band and seemingly, automatically thinking is was going to be great.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

it is great....great rock n roll

i'm confused...

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10