Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Eruption
    Last Online

07.18.17 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Default Fender not accepting new Licensees?!!!

Why would a business not want to grow? I have contacted Fender several times requesting information on becoming a Replacement Neck Licensee and I get a canned response stating that they are happy with the Licensees they've had for 20 years and they're not interested in adding any more. I'm sure Leo would love that type of stagnation imposed by the suits.
    What's up with this? There are many out there doing it regardless so wouldn't it make sense to add legitimate licensees?
    This is what happens when you have Lawholes involved.
    Divebomb, Inc.
    Authorized Floyd Rose Dealer
    Authorized Seymour Duncan Dealer
    Armor Piercing Guitars, Parts, and Accessories
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I have no idea how, Kyle, but it seems if you had an "in" with Fender you might be able to get beyond their form-letter rejection. Do you know any reps or dealers that might be able to point you to someone you can talk directly to?

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Maybe I should ask everyone here if anyone knows someone at Fender?

Does anyone here know anyone at Fender that might be able to get me past this roadblock?
    Divebomb, Inc.
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I know someone but he tells me Fender has become absolutely impossible to deal with. We had a lengthy discussion about it maybe three weeks ago so it's kind of funny you bring it up.

Years ago when I was working with them, they were difficult but I had a couple of magic phone numbers to specific people that were able to help me cut through the crap but damn, without those numbers and names, it was hellish...just hellish. That company is so bloated and has so many idiots working there...just a great example of a totally awesome company getting waaaaay too big and defeating its own purpose.

Well, my buddy was telling me that the magic numbers don't work anymore and the guys we used to get through to are either not there anymore or have no ability to help cut through the tape like they used to. He was telling me they've gone through a lot of corporate changes the past year or two it has made it to where he simply does not deal with them. He sends people to other vendors...especially when it comes to parts, replacement pieces, manuals, tech...and accessories? Forget about it.

Wish I could help. I agree with you, if I ran Fender, I'd have local luthiers all over the country making replacement necks, bodies and doing warranty work.

I mentioned in another thread once that Gibson or Fender need to do a reality show ala Top Chef where they bring in luthiers and builders like you guys from all over the country and put them through a series of challenges where they cut one every week. Then the winner gets an exclusive contract and a choice...come work for the custom shop OR become an officially licensed and insured outside luthier for Fender where they set you up with a lump cash sum to outfit your shop and allow you to make and service official fender gear right where you're at.

I think it would be a huge way to market their product AND garner some much needed good mojo from independent luthiers around the nation.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

THis is just penny for toughts..but might it be because you are making replica kits?...Someone in Quebec here in my town just got his fender liscencing about a month ago i think he told me.

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Instead of doing a paddlehead, I'd cut the exact Fender headstock and just leave a nipple on the round part, making it look like a boob.

This would ...
    a) Avoid copyright/trademark infringement
    b) make it easier for customers to "modify"
    c) express your true feelings toward Fender.

Everybody wins.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    Instead of doing a paddlehead, I'd cut the exact Fender headstock and just leave a nipple on the round part, making it look like a boob.

This would ...
    a) Avoid copyright/trademark infringement
    b) make it easier for customers to "modify"
    c) express your true feelings toward Fender.

Everybody wins.
    Wayne Guitars did offer this headstock shape at one point...

...for their replacement necks, but they are now discontinued. As you can see, it was a relatively easy "proceedure" to make it look like a Strat!
    WGAF?!!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.02.09 @ 07:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That's funny. I thought of doing that same thing.

Eruption
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

All great ideas!
    al3d can you ask your local guy there when he got his license? I would love to know and be able to counter their reply to me.
    Divebomb, Inc.

Banned!
    Last Online

04.20.10 @ 03:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivebombInc View Post
    All great ideas!
    al3d can you ask your local guy there when he got his license? I would love to know and be able to counter their reply to me.
    i'm suppose to visite the shop in 2 weeks...i will ask for sure

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i had an idea a while ago about a new type of neck, i contacted a guy called Jeff Krause at fender who was really helpfull and replied to all e-mails within 24hrs and also gave me numbers and mail address's of the people i needed to speak with, the neck right now is supposedly in a proto phase and its mainly down to this guy and his helpful attitude. heres his mail address at fender...
    jkrause@fender.com
    can't hurt to try.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    I know someone but he tells me Fender has become absolutely impossible to deal with. We had a lengthy discussion about it maybe three weeks ago so it's kind of funny you bring it up.

Years ago when I was working with them, they were difficult but I had a couple of magic phone numbers to specific people that were able to help me cut through the crap but damn, without those numbers and names, it was hellish...just hellish. That company is so bloated and has so many idiots working there...just a great example of a totally awesome company getting waaaaay too big and defeating its own purpose.

Well, my buddy was telling me that the magic numbers don't work anymore and the guys we used to get through to are either not there anymore or have no ability to help cut through the tape like they used to. He was telling me they've gone through a lot of corporate changes the past year or two it has made it to where he simply does not deal with them. He sends people to other vendors...especially when it comes to parts, replacement pieces, manuals, tech...and accessories? Forget about it.

Wish I could help. I agree with you, if I ran Fender, I'd have local luthiers all over the country making replacement necks, bodies and doing warranty work.

I mentioned in another thread once that Gibson or Fender need to do a reality show ala Top Chef where they bring in luthiers and builders like you guys from all over the country and put them through a series of challenges where they cut one every week. Then the winner gets an exclusive contract and a choice...come work for the custom shop OR become an officially licensed and insured outside luthier for Fender where they set you up with a lump cash sum to outfit your shop and allow you to make and service official fender gear right where you're at.

I think it would be a huge way to market their product AND garner some much needed good mojo from independent luthiers around the nation.
    Funny you mention it. I automatically thought Gibson reading this thread. Same deal. A reality show....yeah! Something tells me it would reek of American Hotrod. I used to able to get great satisfaction dealing with Fender. It's too bad because they rose from the ashes with the employees buying back the company from a then bloated corporation, and now it's happened all over again. It seems they've also pulled alot of qualified warranty repair people as well. A guy I know who used to handle the bulk of warranty/adjustment work for a Fender instruments dealer got jerked around, let's just say, and no longer works for them. I wonder how much of this pertains to that lawsuit their persuing.....still. I hear there's another appeal in the works. Just sucks! I like to buy North American, but it's hard to justify when you get financially screwed to do so.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Last Online

02.05.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are there currently any small(er) licensed builders?

I can just think of about 3 american ones, 1 korean, 1 japanese and if I am not mistaken WD is Chinese...

Also, does anybody know why USACG is not licensed? did they choose not to, or did Fender just not license them.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    Funny you mention it. I automatically thought Gibson reading this thread. Same deal. A reality show....yeah! Something tells me it would reek of American Hotrod. I used to able to get great satisfaction dealing with Fender. It's too bad because they rose from the ashes with the employees buying back the company from a then bloated corporation, and now it's happened all over again. It seems they've also pulled alot of qualified warranty repair people as well. A guy I know who used to handle the bulk of warranty/adjustment work for a Fender instruments dealer got jerked around, let's just say, and no longer works for them. I wonder how much of this pertains to that lawsuit their persuing.....still. I hear there's another appeal in the works. Just sucks! I like to buy North American, but it's hard to justify when you get financially screwed to do so.
    warranty repair people are in short supply for both fender and gibson as well as the acoustic companies. Houston had a guy...a nasty old cuss of a man but he knew martins. They would hand pick stuff and send it to him. Guitars that were sent back to the factory were then turned over to him to fix. He was incredible. I think he's also dead now. About 5-6 years ago Martin was freaked out because the old man was on his last leg, his sight and his hearing had both almost completely died, he had arthritis and his business was failing. His son was a retard and his wife was a bitch. I heard that was considering selling the store and Martin didn't know what they were going to do. Evidently he was THAT important to their business, both in terms of sales as well as service. He was a bastard of a man and I never liked going in his store....a real bastard. I hate mom and pop bastards like that.

The reality show thing is a winner. I think people would tune in for that. They could do the show on Bravo or whatever channel does the West Coast Choppers and whatnot. I think people would enjoy the characters involved because luthiers are a strange bunch of people and a show like that is a great way to have an hour long commercial for your company. I honestly can't believe that there isn't such a show already.
    Last edited by broken9500; 06.09.09 at 07:23 AM.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.