Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Live Nation’s No Service Fee Wednesdays promotion

Live Nation’s No Service Fee Wednesdays promotion has come under fire after buyers discovered that some tickets purchased today would in fact carry some Parking, Facility or Charity fees, CNN reports.

Today’s No Fee promotion was supposed to offer lawn seats to every Live Nation tour without extra add-ons; typical fees tack on an average of $13 per ticket.

Many shows under the promotion’s umbrella include a $6 parking fee per ticket, a cost that is added to every ticket regardless of the buyer’s plans to drive to the venue. “We eliminated all ticket service fees, which in most cases is about a one-third discount, a substantial savings for fans by any measure,” Live Nation spokesperson John Vlautin told Rock Daily, adding that the promotion overall has received positive feedback from consumers. Vlautin, who also said that advance parking fees help alleviate back-ups at venues (where money is collected by hand), said Live Nation receives the parking fees from concerts at their own venues.

The parking charge puzzled some Live Nation customers today, but Blink-182 fans purchasing tickets to the band’s summer reunion tour faced some seriously confounding options. When Blink-182 announced the trek, the band and Live Nation revealed that lawn tickets would only cost $20. However, when tickets went on sale this past weekend, fans purchasing tix to certain shows encountered an option to buy $20 Lawn tickets or $7.75 Lawn Special tickets — Live Nation did not specify any differences between the options, like whether Lawn Special was obstructed or farther from the stage. As a result, some fans purchased the previously advertised $20 Lawn seats, only to discover that those tickets carried an additional $15 in service fees.

In actuality, Lawn and Lawn Special were the same thing, and it was the $7.75 ticket — after service fees — that was the $20 ticket. According to Vlautin, both options were listed so fans wouldn’t think the lawn seats were entirely sold out if the $20 tickets got snatched up quickly. Vlautin recommends that anybody who accidentally purchased the $20 plus fees Lawn tickets instead of the actual Lawn Special “all-in” tickets should contact Customer Service.

No Fee Wednesday tickets are being sold for the Blink shows as well. At some venues, like West Palm Beach, Florida’s Cruzan Amphitheatre, these No Fee tickets come out to $26 after the $6 parking charge, which is still more than the $7.75 “all-in” ticket price of $20 after fees. In short, Blink tickets are more expensive through the No Fee promotion — which is being heavily featured on the Live Nation Blink tour page — than they are at the regular “all-in” price. Vlautin encourages buyers to compare the ticketing options and prices before purchasing lawn seats.

Vlautin also told Rock Daily that this week only marks the first of a summer-long promotion of No Service Fee Wednesdays, with each subsequent week spotlighting a certain venue, tour or artist whose fans will benefit from no service charges.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

bring the machine to a grinding hault folks...stop paying into it.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:56 AM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Yeah a lot of fucking good that does any way. If you are a regular ticket buyer you buy tix the day they go on sale. God I fucking hate there system but what are you gonna do if you want to see bands. Not much of a choice.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

I bought a ticket yesterday without service fees but still had a $7 venue fee from DTE.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What amazes me is the way that Pearl Jam was treated when they tried to go it without ticketmaster. Journalists, fans, pretty much everyone thought Pearl Jam should just shut up and play. I kept hearing that over and over again...that and how they were screwing the fans over because it was too hard to buy tickets.

Well, had they gotten the support they needed from the fans and press, and then more bands joined them after seeing that indeed it was possible, then this vile monopoly could have been broken years ago.

There's only one way to do this and that is to strike. To simply say, to your favourite bands and to yourself, "man, this sucks that i'm going to miss you but I can't support the system."

Eventually bands will get creative, fans will get creative and new solutions will be found forcing Live Nation to change their business policies.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 854 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    What amazes me is the way that Pearl Jam was treated when they tried to go it without ticketmaster. Journalists, fans, pretty much everyone thought Pearl Jam should just shut up and play. I kept hearing that over and over again...that and how they were screwing the fans over because it was too hard to buy tickets.

Well, had they gotten the support they needed from the fans and press, and then more bands joined them after seeing that indeed it was possible, then this vile monopoly could have been broken years ago.

There's only one way to do this and that is to strike. To simply say, to your favourite bands and to yourself, "man, this sucks that i'm going to miss you but I can't support the system."

Eventually bands will get creative, fans will get creative and new solutions will be found forcing Live Nation to change their business policies.
    As a huge Pearl Jam fan and huge concert fan in general, I agree with you. Nobody seemed to really join that fight with them.

As far as these fees, I just paid $80.00 for two Incubus tickets. The tickets were $23.00 a piece. If my math serves me correctly, that's $46.00 for the tickets, $34.00 for the fees. Are you shitting me? Almost as much for fees as it is for the band. It's getting crazy.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE