Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

Default Mikey- I never quit VH!!

Earlier this week, Eddie Van Halen told Rolling Stone that bassist Michael Anthony left Van Halen by choice. Anthony, who was replaced by the guitarist’s teenage son Wolfgang on the band’s tour with David Lee Roth in 2007 and 2008, has responded to Eddie’s claims, reiterating his assertion that he never quit the band. “I never ‘quit.’ I never once said, ‘I’m out of here.’ It never happened,” Anthony told MusicRadar after hearing Van Halen’s comments to RS. “That’s the weird thing right now, for Eddie to be trying to paint himself as ‘not the bad guy.’ ”

“The funny thing is that everyone who quits the band always claims they got fired by me. Hey, I’m not the bad guy here. When [Sammy] Hagar left the band, Mike went with him,” Eddie told RS after being asked what he thought about Hagar and Anthony’s new band Chickenfoot. “Then when we get back together with Dave, and all of a sudden, he wants back in. It’s like, ‘No, dude, you quit the band.’ ”

Anthony spoke to Rock Daily in 2007, just days after Van Halen reunited with Roth, telling us that Eddie Van Halen had tried to push him out of the band as early as Van Halen’s 2004 tour. “[Eddie] was always put off that I was going out and playing with Sammy [Hagar] when we weren’t doing anything. It wasn’t like I was doing it to spite anybody. I was just tired of sitting at home and doing nothing,” Anthony said, adding that he only found out about the reunion tour with Roth by reading about it on the Internet and that he was never contacted to participate.

Speaking to MusicRadar, Anthony said, “Why would I have quit Van Halen? It never happened. And what’s weird is, he was being asked about Chickenfoot, whether he had heard us or not, and suddenly he launches into this thing about me quitting the group. What does one thing even have to do with the other?” Regardless of who is reinventing history, Eddie says he has no hard feelings, telling RS, “I’ve got no beef with anybody. I wish them well. I hope they are … I don’t know what a ’supergroup’ means, but I hope they accomplish what they’re setting out to do.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdail...uit-van-halen/
    Last edited by Wickett; 06.04.09 at 12:00 PM. Reason: linky- dinky- doo
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Well, this is new.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

I don't care what anyone thinks, that Mike is a class act!

I just want to go on record that it still sucks that Van Halen is and ever was anything other than Dave, Ed, Alex & Mike.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    I don't care what anyone thinks, that Mike is a class act!

I just want to go on record that it still sucks that Van Halen is and ever was anything other than Dave, Ed, Alex & Mike.
    I agree with all of that. This isn't hate for Sam era or anything but for me the VH I really dug has been gone since 1985.

I dig CF though and very happy Mike is onto something great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

+1. Great for Mikey.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Right Now
    Last Online

08.06.17 @ 05:19 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts

Default A few observations

1.Van Halen was great for Mike and Mike was great for Van Halen. As much as I love MA, I doubt that we would be talking about Snake or MA today w/o Van Halen. JMO - I could be wrong.

2. MA had to know that EVH was shopping for other bassists back in the day. How would you like your source of fame and millions to be at the whim of a drunk guitar god, a somewhat enabling big bro, and a wacky lead singer (take your pick)? It would suck going all of those years wondering when the ax may fall.

3. Hindsight 20/20: MA should have ditched VH in '96 and gone with Sammy. No offense to Mona, but Planet Us and/or CF would have happened sooner. EVH might have gotten off his ass and hired Sheehan and a successul Roth reunion may have been earlier. Who knows?

4. As it stands, MA is on a kick-ass record. He is touring and playing music. Isn't that what any musician wants?
    I don't have a cool signature. Deal with it!

Last Online

08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lmr5150 View Post
    1.Van Halen was great for Mike and Mike was great for Van Halen. As much as I love MA, I doubt that we would be talking about Snake or MA today w/o Van Halen. JMO - I could be wrong.

2. MA had to know that EVH was shopping for other bassists back in the day. How would you like your source of fame and millions to be at the whim of a drunk guitar god, a somewhat enabling big bro, and a wacky lead singer (take your pick)? It would suck going all of those years wondering when the ax may fall.

3. Hindsight 20/20: MA should have ditched VH in '96 and gone with Sammy. No offense to Mona, but Planet Us and/or CF would have happened sooner. EVH might have gotten off his ass and hired Sheehan and a successul Roth reunion may have been earlier. Who knows?

4. As it stands, MA is on a kick-ass record. He is touring and playing music. Isn't that what any musician wants?
    Point #4 is the point...the other observations are good ones, but Mikey is having fun and showing his talent...his backing vocals are all over the CF record.
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...

VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

Last Online

06.22.09 @ 10:04 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lmr5150 View Post

So you don't think Mike could have gotten a professional gig other then Van Halen? With that ferocious bass playing and soaring, instantly indentifiable vocals?

Mike is and forever will be the Glenn Hughes, Tim Bogart and John Paul Jones of Van Halen.

Mike's celebrity may not have been as big but do you really think VH and their music would have been as good with the fucking math teacher on bass? I've heard some of those demos with him on it. There is something missing on those and his name is Michael Anthony.

Ed, Al and Dave are a couple of real buffoons for not realizing what they had in Mike.
    It Still Ain't VH Without Mike Anthony