Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

The Obama NYC Date Thread

So, anybody pay any attention to this past weekend flight to NYC for dinner and a show?

A few months after congress slaps certain auto execs for spending $20,000 for flying to Washington, our president and his wife feel it necessary to jet off to New York City at taxpayer expense, forcing the NY city cops to throw the usual presidential security cordon around his motorcade, eat at a restaurant in the Village, catch a Broadway play, and then jet back so that the Secret Service could tuck them in for the night in their own beds...

What's worse???

So much for the "campaign trail" Obama who once said, "We are going to have to tighten our belts but we are going to have to do it..."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...litics_5050973
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:43 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Of course he went at taxpayer expense...geez, what did you think the guy was going to do? "Leave the driving to Greyhound"?

how is this different from Bush's taxpayer funded vacay's at his ranch in Texas....

shit, we even paid for security when the Bush daughter was made an honest woman at her ranch wedding.

the taxpayers even funded security so that the VP could plaster that old dude's face with buck shot

part of the job

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

The problem is Bush didn't rail against the car makers or bankers for having their own private jets taking them to hearings in front of Congress and "wasting taxpayer money." He personally called Citibanks' CEO after word came out about the company buying an executive jet after receiving tax payer bailouts, then takes three gulf stream jets himself.

It's the old "Do as I say, not as I do" policy of Washington.

In normal times, it wouldn't be an issue, but when you talk about how we need to tighten belts and make sacrifices for the betterment of the country, it is just disengenuous.

This is the same as Al Gore's carbon footprint monstrosity he calls a house--which he overhauled after getting called on it.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Dave
    Last Online

11.16.12 @ 10:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    This is the same as Al Gore's carbon footprint monstrosity he calls a house--which he overhauled after getting called on it.
    It's hardly the same. The president and the first lady went on one frickin date. Good for them. It's not like they're doing it every weekend. And for the record, although I'm a fan of Gore, you're right on target regarding his home. That is a way of life.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the truly great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain

"Edward?.....thank ya." ~ Could This Be Magic

"The attitude is we live and let live. This is actually an amazing change in values in a rather short time and it's an example of freedom from religion."
    ~ Thomas Wolfe

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

And the car makers just took one flight via tax payer expense, right? Is it "good for them?"

I don't have a problem with them going on a date. God knows they need it more than anyone with the stressful nature of the job.

However, they are being hypocritical calling the Citibank Ceo and telling him to "take care of it" (the plane) then going on a night excursion in the same type jet, followed by 2 of the same in tow.
    Last edited by bsbll4; 06.02.09 at 06:40 PM.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I don't see an issue here. Not one that has any substance.

People should be more worried about his Secretary of the Treasury's reception in China last week. They asked him for some numbers to illustrate the US recovery plan, he didn't have any. Then when he said that the debt was not out of control the Chinese laughed out loud. Chinese laughing out loud is like Chuck Norris crying - you better fucking run.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    I don't see an issue here. Not one that has any substance.

People should be more worried about his Secretary of the Treasury's reception in China last week. They asked him for some numbers to illustrate the US recovery plan, he didn't have any. Then when he said that the debt was not out of control the Chinese laughed out loud. Chinese laughing out loud is like Chuck Norris crying - you better fucking run.
    http://chinadigitaltimes.net/2009/05...trip-to-china/

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some of you are so out of touch that it's astonishing.

The game of politics plays on.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

What are you trying to be? The new MikeL?

Your condescending tone in every post isn't appreciated wray. You don't have to be an asshole to state your take on something. The last year or so you've really come across as a jerk. I wrote it off as maybe a bad day/period of time, but that's enough, ok?
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

He's a Yankees fan what do you expect. *jk*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    What are you trying to be? The new MikeL?

Your condescending tone in every post isn't appreciated wray. You don't have to be an asshole to state your take on something. The last year or so you've really come across as a jerk. I wrote it off as maybe a bad day/period of time, but that's enough, ok?
    Stating that the general disposition of this thread is lacking any materiality and is completely out of touch with the real problems that we have to deal with in this country at the current moment is hardly being an asshole, seen. I certainly won't apologize for not glazing over important issues and for not putting on a big gleaming smile when I think someone is attributing to the very problem that they continually complain about or makes a big deal about trivial matters.

You know, seen... social, political and religious issues can be touchy subjects that certainly aren't black and white. But if one takes offense easily or can't handle having their foolish ideas and points called on for what they are, then the best thing to do is to stay out of the conversation entirely or put a bit more critical thought into the presentation. Otherwise, put forth your case and let the discussion flow instead of taking offense to every little word or phrase that someone uses.

What I do find interesting, however, is that you make this egregious effort to publically call me out not long after we had a conversation in which you got more personally offended than you should have.
    Last edited by Wray; 06.03.09 at 04:26 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Big deal, the couple had a nice date at our expense. They never get a break from public life, ever. As far as I am concerned, they deserve it. I would almost bet that for the most part, the ones complaining are typically republicans. As far as I can tell, they have become a party of hate, negativity, whining, and lost the ability to talk substanitively about issues.

Go Rush Limbaugh, go Michael Savage, go Sean Hannity, go Glenn Beck, don't dare listen to Meghan McCain because then we will have something to work about.

Of course, this is just my .02, which isn't worth much.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Wray View Post
    Stating that the general disposition of this thread is lacking any materiality and is completely out of touch with the real problems that we have to deal with in this country at the current moment is hardly being an asshole, seen. I certainly won't apologize for not glazing over important issues and for not putting on a big gleaming smile when I think someone is attributing to the very problem that they continually complain about or makes a big deal about trivial matters.

You know, seen... social, political and religious issues can be touchy subjects that certainly aren't black and white. But if one takes offense easily or can't handle having their foolish ideas and points called on for what they are, then the best thing to do is to stay out of the conversation entirely or put a bit more critical thought into the presentation. Otherwise, put forth your case and let the discussion flow instead of taking offense to every little word or phrase that someone uses.

What I do find interesting, however, is that you make this egregious effort to publically call me out not long after we had a conversation in which you got more personally offended than you should have.
    Wray, playing devil's advocate here, I think Seen was trying to express that instead of stating a case with respect for others, some of whom may/may not not have the knowledge you do, your phrase here especially, came across as condesending and and almost spiteful.

Not everyone is gen-ed up on politics as you. That doesnt mean they cant take part in discussions about it and learn more from those discussions. When debates are opened in a thread in here, I presume they are for everyone to join in, not just the select few, and that being the case, the ones who maybe are more up to speed, have to accept others may not be, and be respectful, not the other way around!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    Wray, playing devil's advocate here, I think Seen was trying to express that instead of stating a case with respect for others, some of whom may/may not not have the knowledge you do, your phrase here especially, came across as condesending and and almost spiteful.

Not everyone is gen-ed up on politics as you. That doesnt mean they cant take part in discussions about it and learn more from those discussions. When debates are opened in a thread in here, I presume they are for everyone to join in, not just the select few, and that being the case, the ones who maybe are more up to speed, have to accept others may not be, and be respectful, not the other way around!
    I've never said nor implied that only a "select few" are welcome in any particular thread. What I have said, however (and I've never been shy about it), is that anyone that gets easily offended and taken off track should either buck up or not involve themselves.

I certainly have no problem with anyone involving themselves in a discussion for the sake of learning. In fact, I quite welcome it and do it myself from time to time. Unfortunately, sensitivity just doesn't gel in these types of discussions.

What it comes down to, SEA, is that disrespecting a person and disrespecting their arguments are apples and oranges. Many can't separate the two, however.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    Of course he went at taxpayer expense...geez, what did you think the guy was going to do? "Leave the driving to Greyhound"?

how is this different from Bush's taxpayer funded vacay's at his ranch in Texas....

shit, we even paid for security when the Bush daughter was made an honest woman at her ranch wedding.

the taxpayers even funded security so that the VP could plaster that old dude's face with buck shot

part of the job
    there's a local gun shop owner that has a blog and to say he is not one of BHO's biggest fans is really putting it mildly. one day he posted this:

Obama travels with a 500 (yes that's the correct figure) "staff" that requires five jets, big bullet proof limos, six doctors, a platoon of personal chefs, armed body guards, personal press and god knows what else!
    right...because GWB only traveled with a staff of ten, and nowhere near all that other shit.

i am starting to find the hatred really amusing.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10