Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Billy Bob Thornton's daughter arrested in baby's death

The daughter of actor Billy Bob Thornton has been arrested in Florida on charges of child neglect resulting in the death of an infant, police said Sunday.

Friday's arrest of Amanda Brumfield stemmed from an incident in which a child fell, said Officer Lee Stevens of the Ocoee, Florida, police. No other details were available Sunday.

Thornton's publicist, Arnold Robinson, said the actor is estranged from his daughter "and has had no contact with her for quite some time."

"When informed about this situation, he [Thornton] commented that, 'Anytime a baby's life is lost is an unimaginable tragedy and my heart goes out to the baby's family and loved ones,' " Robinson told CNN in a written statement.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Terrible situation.

Is the child hers, which would make it Billy's grandchild? If so, that's a very weird statement.
    Last edited by Red; 05.31.09 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Awaiting more facts before judging others.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Is the child hers
    Appears to not be...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I read elsewhere that this happened in October, when the infant fell from a crib, and showed no signs of injury. Apparently Billy Bob's daughter was babysitting her goddaughter/best friend's child. The daughter slept with the infant and found it limp the next morning. Billy Bob's ex-wife relates all of this, and says there was no need to call 911 absent any signs of injury from the fall, comparing the situation to the death of Natasha Richardson. The story is on the front page of foxnews.com, which makes it total crap for many readers, therefore, I will spare the linkage.

Again, a terrible situation, and my heart goes out to the child's mother as well as Billy Bob's daughter.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Famous Actor's Daughter Facing Murder Charges

http://www.wftv.com/news/19855496/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The daughter of Oscar Award-winner Billy Bob Thornton is in the Orange County Jail Thursday morning, facing first degree murder charges.

On Wednesday, a grand jury indicted Amanda Brumfield on murder charges in the death of her friend's one-year old daughter.

In May, Brumfield was arrested in Ocoee for child neglect when the little girl died while in her care. Brumfield had initially told police that Olivia Garcia died from after fall.

Neighbors were shocked to hear about the new charges.

"I don't like to see that brought against anyone unless the whole story is bought out but it's a scary situation," commented a neighbor.

Brumfield also faces aggravated child abuse charges and aggravated manslaughter charges. She is being held without bond.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    The daughter of actor Billy Bob Thornton has been arrested in Florida on charges of child neglect resulting in the death of an infant, police said Sunday.

Friday's arrest of Amanda Brumfield stemmed from an incident in which a child fell, said Officer Lee Stevens of the Ocoee, Florida, police. No other details were available Sunday.

Thornton's publicist, Arnold Robinson, said the actor is estranged from his daughter "and has had no contact with her for quite some time."

"When informed about this situation, he [Thornton] commented that, 'Anytime a baby's life is lost is an unimaginable tragedy and my heart goes out to the baby's family and loved ones,' " Robinson told CNN in a written statement.
    Billy Bob Thornton's estranged daughter, Amanda Brumfield, was sentenced to 20 years in prison Thursday after being convicted of aggravated manslaughter of a child in May, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

In October 2008, Brumfield was babysitting her goddaughter, 1-year-old Olivia Madison Garcia, who died while in her care in central Florida.

Brumfield, 32, was initially charged with murder in the child's death, but was found not guilty.

"I miss Olivia just as much as anybody does," she said at Thursday's sentencing before breaking down, according to the Sentinel.

Since her arrest, Brumfield has maintained that the infant hit her head when she fell trying to climb out of a playpen.

Olivia's mother, Heather Murphy, told the newspaper that the sentence was "more than I expected."

Brumfield's best friend, Christina Stewart, read a letter from Brumfield at the sentencing, according to reports.

"Olivia brought joy to our family from the moment she was born," Brumfield wrote. "Olivia always was, is and will be my little girl."

http://www.people.com/people/article...499750,00.html