Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

Default 5/22 Chicago - Review

Wow. Just wow.

These new songs sound amazing live!... I've never seen the Park West so packed, and everyone was so into the show despite never hearing these songs. Highlights: Soap On A Rope, Oh Yeah, Bitten By The Wolf and Down The Drain, which got a huge ovation at the end.

I've never watched a drummer more at a show. Chad Smith has been flying under my personal radar for years - he's just incredible. There's lot of subtleties in his playing, I couldn't take my eyes off of him.

Satriani is what you'd expect - technically sound and spot on in every way. That was my first time seeing him and I walked away feeling like I wanted more.

Sammy and Mike: great vocals, solid... we're used to what they can deliver.

This is a great band. While the whole concert scene has sort of worn on me now that I'm an old man, and ticket prices suck, and parking was $30, and the drive into the city was 2 hours, and beer was $6 - it was all worth it to see these guys in a club with music of that caliber. I can't wait to see them again when they swing back thru!
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some
    Last Online

07.21.16 @ 10:36 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Future in the Past!

WOW!! Better than I had expected.

I had watched a couple of YouTube’s of prior shows and they do no justice to the real thing. They sounded absolutely awesome!!!

My daughter and I were able to get within 1 person from the stage on Mikey's side. The girl in front of my daughter had to leave for a rest break and then a couple min later Sam is right over by us singing and my daughter got to shake his hand, made her night!

These guys were having fun and putting out some serious kick ass tunes.
    You can tell these guys are truly having fun playing together.

Joe - you could really hear things that don't pick up well in the vids, all those little things he does with the guitar. Just great, solid playing all the way with a heavy fat ass tone!

Chad this guy is a total card and a superb drummer, just incredible. Lot of fun to watch play.

Mikey - the energy and stage presence Mike brings was certainly missed by me on the last VH tour. He really brings a lot to this band, not to mention his backing vocals which we all know so well.

Sammy - brought the vocals and of course he knows how to work the crowd well!

Guess the main thing I would say is, see these guys LIVE. The energy and fun is just something that HAS to be experienced!! There is no way you can get the feel of this juggernaut from pics or vids!

My daughter and I had a blast and will remember this for a long time!

One of the last songs was Future in the Past, that kind of sums up this band. The future is new music and the past is the hard rocking sound and show feeling that you got from the '70's and '80s shows; it's like taking a trip to the past with all new songs. It felt like it did back then going to see a rock concert - the energy and music!! GO SEE THEM THIS FALL!!!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

To keep the tradition alive, here is yet another crummily recorded version of "Avenida".

Last edited by chefcraig; 05.23.09 at 11:18 AM.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spanked55 View Post

I've never watched a drummer more at a show. Chad Smith has been flying under my personal radar for years - he's just incredible. There's lot of subtleties in his playing, I couldn't take my eyes off of him.
    Thanks for the review.

As a long time fan of the RHCP's and the father of a drummer, Chad is who really has me jazzed for this band. Someone mentioned how he tower's over his kit when he's playing. It's the exact set-up he uses with the Pepper's. You really get a good view of him bashing. He spits and grunts a lot too.

More isn't necessarily better when it come's to drums. Chad's proof of that.imo.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

I was at this show. It was sick, it was filthy, it was just incredible!! Can't begin to describe how great it was. I'm still smiling 2 days later.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

"Bitten By The Wolf" from Chicago. Interestingly, Hagar throws in a verse from Bobby Womack's "It's All Over Now" at the beginning of the tune.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw