Register
    Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Anyone got a Vox Tonelab SE???

Hey guys, I'm looking for a practice rig... as you all know it is not practical to have a 5150 stack in your bedroom to practice on and record riffs as you write them...

SO, I have made up my mind on a Vox Tonelab SE, but they are hard to find for sale online.

Does anyone have one they want to sell?

Thanks.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a practice rig... as you all know it is not practical to have a 5150 stack in your bedroom to practice on and record riffs as you write them...

SO, I have made up my mind on a Vox Tonelab SE, but they are hard to find for sale online.

Does anyone have one they want to sell?

Thanks.
    Don't have one to sell you, but have you checked out Sweetwater.com? They have the LE going for $399.00 + free shipping. Was there something the SE has over the LE that you prefer above the extra pedal? I know they have a real cool look, but Iv'e heard soundwise their extremely similar. I tried the LE. Their sound is incredible! I've been very tempted myself.
    Last edited by SLEEPER5150; 05.26.09 at 12:09 PM.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    Don't have one to sell you, but have you checked out Sweetwater.com? They have the LE going for $399.00 + free shipping. Was there something the SE has over the LE that you prefer above the extra pedal? I know they have a real cool look, but Iv'e heard soundwise their extremely similar. I tried the LE. Their sound is incredible! I've been very tempted myself.
    Thanks. Well, I do like the SE better, just because I know what I am getting with it. I'm sure the LE is nice too, but I'd rather KNOW I can get the tone I need before I buy. And I know I can achieve the specific results I need with the SE...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Thanks. Well, I do like the SE better, just because I know what I am getting with it. I'm sure the LE is nice too, but I'd rather KNOW I can get the tone I need before I buy. And I know I can achieve the specific results I need with the SE...
    You know what man? I pulled a huge brain fart on that to. I was think of that other unit, the ST or whatever it is from Vox. It's about the same size as the LE. That's what I was thinking of when you said "SE" Somehow, I thought that one had the two pedals as well, but it's got the one like the LE. Now that I know which one you're talking about! Yes...The SE is incredible. It's fucking HUUUUGE too! It's basically a studio in a box with every thing it's got on board. I've been looking too this afternoon. (Why I caught my error ) They do seem hard to find, but if you don't get any responses, check back with Sweetwater from time to time as I'm sure they do sell em'. They seem to have the best online deals for VOX stuff by far. Good luck man!
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    You know what man? I pulled a huge brain fart on that to. I was think of that other unit, the ST or whatever it is from Vox. It's about the same size as the LE. That's what I was thinking of when you said "SE" Somehow, I thought that one had the two pedals as well, but it's got the one like the LE. Now that I know which one you're talking about! Yes...The SE is incredible. It's fucking HUUUUGE too! It's basically a studio in a box with every thing it's got on board. I've been looking too this afternoon. (Why I caught my error ) They do seem hard to find, but if you don't get any responses, check back with Sweetwater from time to time as I'm sure they do sell em'. They seem to have the best online deals for VOX stuff by far. Good luck man!
    Ya man, the SE is amazing. Kent Carlevi uses one (yes, he actually does use that -- no magic going on there ), and I think it has by far the best 'fake amp' tone of all the 'fake amps' out there. The fact that it has a real preamp tube in there too makes me happy as well.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

Don't want to go with Ebay? They have a few there for under $300.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    I got my eye on a few there... I just generally trust people's descriptions on this forum more, so I thought I'd ask here first

Last Online

02.08.16 @ 08:00 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by At0micPunk View Post
    I just picked up a LE on ebay brand new for 270.00. I love the support that they have for patches online for uploading and downloading.

Great deal and it will be hear tomorrow
    http://forums.fametracker.com/uploads/post-1-1098607146.jpg

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

I owned the LE but ended up getting rid of it. I was really hoping it would be a good solution for me, but I ended up really disappointed with it. The only useable model for me was the Soldano, but I just couldn't get rid of the fuzz. The eq section was awkward to work with and when I managed to get rid of the fuzz, everything sounded flat and dull. The Marshall models weren't very good. The cleans were pretty good but they all sounded very much alike. Effects I found to be very average at best...the unit just didn't work for me and I ended up dumping it. Lots of people swear by them though. They do sound a bit more organic than a Pod, but I get much better results with my Pod XT than I ever did with the Tonelab.