Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Default "My Kinda Girl" The Roxy, 5/19/09

A fairly radio-friendly tune. Due to the angle, the recording microphone managed to pick up more guitar than vocal. To my knowledge, this is the first live clip of this tune thus far available.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow! Great tune. That's about as close to a Hagar-era VH song as they've come so far and it's refreshing that they didn't write a bunch of VH-style tunes. But that song sounds like it could've been an outtake from FUCK or Balance...and I mean that in the best possible way.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,388 Times in 762 Posts

Wow, another killer tune.

Now that I've heard all the songs, I can say this album has really exceeded all expectations. I think even the most rabid readheads didn't think this record would be that good. Wow.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Love it. We get a punk tune too.

I really like this band.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

This album has a bit of everything; and it really has exceeded my expectations. All of the songs are great and the variety is certainly more present than I would have thought. I cannot wait to get my hands on this.

Watch the hair!!!
    Favorite VH Album

VH/Fair Warning/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

R.Delight/Unchain./5150/C.Wabo
    Last Online

07.22.09 @ 11:11 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love View Post
    This album has a bit of everything; and it really has exceeded my expectations. All of the songs are great and the variety is certainly more present than I would have thought. I cannot wait to get my hands on this.
    Exactly. I couldn't agree more.

Music tastes are very subjective so I'm not going to berate or insult people that don't like the CF stuff. Some people are actually providing very good critiques of some of the songs. But I don't see how someone can't find something of value among the songs we've heard so far. It's different than the stuff SH has been doing solo-wise, SH's lyrical felonies are at a minimum and his vocals sound strong and powerful, Satch's playing is top notch, you can hear MA's bass in the mix again and he's playing more complex bass lines than he had in years with VH, MA's distinctive background vocals are sounding great on some of the songs, and Chad Smith sounds great playing a different style of music. There are definitely some songs that are stronger than others, but I don't hear any songs I would never listen to on this CD. It has definitely surpassed my expectations, too. It's the type of CD I thought VH could have and should have been releasing the past decade, whether DLR or SH were on vocals.
    "Seems the old folks who come up short were the pretty little kids who didn't want it, no." - Van Halen (1979)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius

"The possibility that we may fail in the struggle should not deter us from supporting a cause we believe to be just." - Abraham Lincoln

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I like the groove they're laying down.....can't wait to actually be able to hear the vocals!
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Existentially Uncertain Fontcow's Avatar
    Last Online

03.13.17 @ 07:58 PM
    Liked 868 Times in 463 Posts

Yeah, as a long-time Sammy/Van Halen/Chili Peppers fan, this stuff is exceeding my expectations. It's not perfect and it is retro of that classic rock sound so it's not like they're doing something mind-blowingly new. But I haven't heard good, rockin' songs with a low bottom end that are catchy and fun like this in a long, long time.

Me likey the Chickenfoot.

Now bring on the rest of the album in hi-fi so I can crank it!
    Last edited by Fontcow; 05.24.09 at 04:32 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

I donno about retro. I think modern music has reached a dead end and should backtrack, and find a new direction. Forget about the 2000's, it's a lost decade, the most horrible one since the invention of rock'n'roll as we know it in the 60s. I hope Chickenfoot's record will inspire younger bands, show them how it's done.
    Little Dreamer

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    I donno about retro. I think modern music has reached a dead end and should backtrack, and find a new direction. Forget about the 2000's, it's a lost decade, the most horrible one since the invention of rock'n'roll as we know it in the 60s. I hope Chickenfoot's record will inspire younger bands, show them how it's done.
    Absolutely. What I find the most alarming about this decade is that the handful of groups that I do enjoy (Muse, White Stripes, Wolfmother, Avenged Sevenfold) are hopelessly derivative of music I liked thirty years ago. When I was younger, there was a fear held by people around my age of one day turning into our parents with regard to musical tastes and a dismissive attitude toward today's artists. As a result, (as a group) we tried to be open minded about current acts, at times to the point of absurdity. Yet in this decade, the artists do not seem to even hold a pretense toward originality. Hell, the shameless Zep rip-off acts of the eighties appear to have been more inspired than the talent-free hacks operating in today's music world. The song does indeed remain the same.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

Even the lyrics suck. I mean we had 2 wars, a recession, huge changes in technology and those new bands decided to sing about a whole bunch of nothing. While society was going through changes as decisive as the 70s, the music didn't reflect that at all.

I don't wanna become an old man ranting about the good ole' days, so I'm hoping that the 2010s (the Ten's!) are gonna reverse this trend, starting in 6 months! (scary thought!)
    Little Dreamer

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Absolutely. What I find the most alarming about this decade is that the handful of groups that I do enjoy (Muse, White Stripes, Wolfmother, Avenged Sevenfold) are hopelessly derivative of music I liked thirty years ago. When I was younger, there was a fear held by people around my age of one day turning into our parents with regard to musical tastes and a dismissive attitude toward today's artists. As a result, (as a group) we tried to be open minded about current acts, at times to the point of absurdity. Yet in this decade, the artists do not seem to even hold a pretense toward originality. Hell, the shameless Zep rip-off acts of the eighties appear to have been more inspired than the talent-free hacks operating in today's music world. The song does indeed remain the same.

Boy, that Zep ripoff thing really hits home. As bad as it was, it seems like great music now that you look back and compare it with the stuff that's out there now.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.