Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default The A-Team Movie

ugh.......

According to Variety, 20th Century Fox is far along in assembling a creative team to transform the 1980s TV series The A-Team into a summer 2010 blockbuster.

Here's what the studio has lined up so far:

•Joe Carnahan will direct;
    •Ridley Scott will produce, with Tony Scott serving as executive producer;
    •The goal is to start production by June, with the goal of a June 11, 2010, release date.

On the big screen, The Middle East will replace Vietnam as the locale The A-Team did their tour of duty, but the origin story will remain the starting point...

Exclusive Casting News: THE A-TEAM Has Found its Face
    Sunday, 17 May 2009

IESB has got casting news to share, no, it has nothing to do with the GREEN LANTERN, instead it has to do with Lt. Templeton “Faceman” Peck in Joe Carnahan's THE A-TEAM remake set up over at 20th Century Fox.

I find it funny that everyone in Las Vegas was going after the Green Lantern casting confirmation/denial and totally didn't see this one coming. Boy, I love it when a plan comes together.

In regards to Green Lantern Bradley Cooper dismissed the story by saying that it was all just an Internet rumor. Was he playing coy?

Who knows what will pan out with Green Lantern story but what we can confirm today is the following.

A few weeks ago, I was tipped off to who the studio was looking at to play Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck a.k.a Face in Carnahan's new A-TEAM, that's right, Bradley Cooper.

At the time, we were unable to get any confirmation from any of our sources so we decided to sit on the story until we could talk to the man himself.

THE HANGOVER junket took place in Vegas this weekend and IESB's intrepid reporter Chris Goodson was able to speak with Cooper one on one in the hallway of the Caesars Palace hotel via a smuggled tape recorder, hey, you gotta do what you gotta do, that's how Vegas works baby!

Here's how it went down, IESB asked Bradley Cooper point blank if he was excited about playing Faceman in The A-Team. His reaction? A mixture of surprise and astonishment - "That's out already!?"

Following some laughter and excitement, he continued, “Wow. Yeah...its Joe Carnahan's. It's very interesting. It'll be cool. It will be cool see what...He'll make a great movie out of it.”

Cooper was quickly whisked away back down the hall, after we had a chance to thank him for his time and got a “Thanks man” in return.

I can see Bradley Cooper in one of Face's famous ascots, he would look a whole lot better than Justin Long that's for sure.

Original Faceman Dirk Benedict has a great quote that describes the show to a tee - “It was a guy's show. It was male driven. It was written by guys. It was directed by guys. It was acted by guys. It's about what guys do. We talked the way guys talked. We were the boss. We were the God. We smoked when we wanted. We shot guns when we wanted. We kissed the girls and made them cry... when we wanted. It was the last truly masculine show.”

So, we've got Cooper and Common on deck. Now all we need is Kurt Russell as Hannibal and we've got a pretty good team I would say. But what about Howling Mad Murdock, a role made famous by Dwight Schultz. Those are tough shoes to fill, I still think Ryan Reynolds would kick ass.

Stay tuned to the IESB for the latest A-TEAM news!

======================

Twentieth Century Fox has assembled a creative team to transform 1980s TV series "The A-Team" into a summer 2010 film.

Studio has set Joe Carnahan to direct and Ridley Scott to produce, with Tony Scott exec producing through their Scott Free banner.

Also producing are Jules Daly and Stephen J. Cannell, the latter of whom created the original TV series.

Carnahan will team with Brian Bloom to polish a script by Skip Woods ("G.I. Joe"). The intention is to start production by June for a June 11, 2010, release.

Fox has struggled to find a way to exploit the branded TV show while avoiding the series' campy tone. Director John Singleton had most recently been attached to such an attempt before dropping out. Woods came in and started over.

"Tony and I feel that marrying this Scott Free project with Joe’s sensibility will result in a fast-paced, exciting franchise, one we hope will be around for years to come," Scott said.

Carnahan and the Scott brothers say they will use the original premise of the series as the template for an action film. In the original, four Vietnam vets convicted of armed robbery escape from military prison and became do-gooder mercenaries.

The Middle East will replace Vietnam as the place the four did their tour of duty, but Carnahan said the origin story is the jumping-off point.

"You can ... make a film that reflects on the real world without losing the great sense of fun and the velocity of action in a classic summer popcorn film," Carnahan said.

Carnahan has put his Pablo Escobar film "Killing Pablo" on the back burner. The project was complicated by the bankruptcy filing made by the Yari Film Group.

"I am determined to make that movie there or elsewhere, but it's an interesting time in Hollywood, and you have to be aware when you get the opportunity to step into a business model that is working," Carnahan said, noting that many of the top-grossing studio films are based on branded properties.

"This was a coveted property, and reimagining a show that I remembered as a kid was tough to turn down," Carnahan said. "Fox hired me to make it as emotional, real and accessible as possible without cheesing it up."

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

January 29, 2009

If you're like most normal people, you've probably asked yourself what would have become of the '80s TV show the A-Team without Mr.T playing B.A. Baracus. Ridley Scott (American Gangster) and Joe Carnahan (Smokin' Aces) want to test the fates by bringing together an A-Team movie in the summer of 2010. With the success of the first Charlie's Angels movie in 2000, a team of A-list actors were dreamed up, if not approached, to comprise the A-team: B.A. Baracus would be played by Ving Rhames, H.M. "Madman" Murdock by Jim Carrey, Face by Christian Bale and Hannibal Smith by Mel Gibson or Tommy Lee Jones. Alas, it was a wash, and no confirmed cast members have been announced just yet.

Some believe the latest push for an A-Team movie was sparked by the 2006 UK show Bring Back The A-Team, which attempted to reunite the surviving members of the show in 10 days. The opening narration to the show states, "You can stuff the Beatles; the only Fab Four who rocked my world as a kid were the A-Team."

The premise of the A-Team can best be summed up in about 23 seconds if followed by a bitchin' montage of machine-gun fire, explosions and cars wrecks. It's somewhat indicative of the show's ingredients. It had just the right balance of over-the-top action and camp, but heavy on the camp. Oh, and miraculously, nobody ever seemed to die.

The latest news is that Scott will produce and Carnahan is attached to direct. Reportedly, the direction that Scott and company want to take the show veers from original formula. An updated version of the A-Team has the soldiers-of-good-fortune serving in the Gulf War instead of Vietnam and will rely on a more realistic action template. Carnahan told Variety, "Fox hired me to make it as emotional, real and accessible as possible without cheesing it up."

Filming is tentatively set to begin in June 2009.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

The only important question is who's gonna play B.A. Baracus. I pitty the fool who has to make this casting decision...
    Little Dreamer

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Why?

Ridley Scott? Isn't that a little too much?

That's like Quinten Tarantino directing the big-screen version of "Saved by the Bell".
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    Why?

Ridley Scott? Isn't that a little too much?

That's like Quinten Tarantino directing the big-screen version of "Saved by the Bell".
    Hmmm, but think of the bondage-rape scene with,

But, umm... yeah, back on topic...

Here's my pick for the new B.A.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:39 PM
    Liked 1,387 Times in 761 Posts

I donno who could play that part, apart from the man himself.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait, Tora Tora/LOC
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Are they going to recycle every goddamn tv series? Can't they just leave all those classics alone...

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Hmmm, but think of the bondage-rape scene with,

But, umm... yeah, back on topic...

Here's my pick for the new B.A.
    Good god. Who is that young lady?
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Yet another reason Hollywood sucks balls these days.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:24 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

Good grief! They better not butcher this one. A-Team was a great show!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 1,348 Times in 925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Good god. Who is that young lady?
    I believe that's the not-so-young anymore Tiffany Amber-Thiessen

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Berseker View Post
    Are they going to recycle every goddamn tv series? Can't they just leave all those classics alone...
    That's what I say.

WHY?????

btw - picking Lumpy as B.A. is a terrific casting choice.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

you know...A-Team the Movie might just be good!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    Perhaps, if it's not given the same "big screen treatment" as Dukes of Hazzard, or Starsky & Hutch...

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    You could be right. After all, many other remakes have been nothing short of splendid. Let's see...

Wild, Wild West
    Get Smart
    Dukes Of Hazard
    Starsky And Hutch
    The Mod Squad
    Speed Racer
    Lost In Space
    The Avengers
    Miami Vice
    Bewitched
    Scooby Doo
    The Honeymooners
    Dennis The Menace
    Rocky & Bullwinkle
    I Spy
    The Flintstones
    SWAT
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw