Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:42 PM
    Liked 983 Times in 396 Posts

Default JMJ gets screwed again

after all these years we finally got together. i say all these years because we've known each other for 9 years and have always been incredibly close. my marriage didn't workout nor did her 7 year relationship with her ex. been together just about a year this may, has been the greatest year i've ever had bar none, she's wonderful. the girl has told me she wants to marry me someday and how in love with me she is, etc. we've been in love before but it was never the right time. i think the whole valley knew about us back then since the end of march beginning of april she began pulling back. she's taking a massive paycut at work cuz of the economy and cutting bonuses, etc...going from making 80 grand a year to 55. i'd imagine that's a big blow to swallow. anyhow the friday before easter we talked and she was telling me she can't give me what i need right now cuz she's so depressed and stressed etc. she didn't wanna breakup, just take time to figure out for herself what she can do to fix up her life, a space kinda thing. it was a shitty night. we talked for about 5 hours and when i wanted to leave she's like, don't leave. she started ballin when i left..wasn't a fun night. the next day she's texting me all day telling me how much she loves me and she's sorry for being selfish. she says she feels in her heart that i am her true love and she sees the same future with us as i do when she's with me, but when she's not with me her mind wanders. we spent some time easter sunday night and everything seemed ok. last sat (apr 25) we hung out at the pool at agua caliente cuz me and one of the gals at work got her a massage. now normally we go to church every sunday. this sunday she didn't go. didn't even see her this weekend and hardly heard form her. (sorry this is so long...lol) actually i saw her briefly sunday evening to talk to her. i asked her why she wasn't talking and why she was shutting me out. she said she doesn't feel like dealing with anyone including me unfortunately she then went on to say this is why i said this wouldn't work. i can't give you what u need and it's not right, etc etc. went on to say i don't know what's it's like to have to be responsible for employees and a mortgage, etc. shortly after leaving she texted me apologizing for blowing up on me, then started saying crap like i don't deserve yer love, blah blah blah. i asked her why last week was great and why the difference now and her response was she's not emotionally stable now. i asked her if she needed space to do her shit and she said yes. the thing is, what is it she needs all this time to do? she said it's all financial house stuff, planning to go back to school and looking for new work. to boot, i know she still talks to her ex cuz he is giving her job contacts. i hope that isn't the reason behind her pulling back. i don't think it is in my heart. but you know, yer brain can be a really screwed up thing if you let it. we're supposed to go to the wineries in temecula end of may and i told her about it. she didn't say she didn't want to go. she didn't ask for her remote back to her gated community. shit, we have a joint bank account (savings for future stuff) she agreed to in march. when i saw her again in oct 2007 she never wore her engagement ring. the ring i got her at christmas never comes off. hell she kept everything i ever wrote or gave to her over the last 10 years. so, i went from spending thursday friday and sat nights with her at her place and church on sundays and her coming over on wednesday nights, to about nothing, with an ex boyfriend who she still communicates with, and a shitload of economic stress. obviously i'm hurt, and i don't quite get it. part of me is unsure. what the heck do u think? you know this past valentine's day he fucking showed up outside her house and wanted the engagement ring and his dog back. she told him why are u doing this to yourself. the thing that bugged me (and they were many) was that he showed up about 10 minutes after i left her house that am. she told me about it right away. we were at the rockyard a couple weeks ago with her sister and he happened to be there and she told me he was there. he walked by us and i asked her why he was walking by and she said well he prolly wants to know what you look like. that friday....7 or 8 days later, was when we had our initial conversation of hey i'm stressed and depressed i can't do this right now, etc. so, being a guy and being human, i thought the timing was suspect. but i could be very wrong. she told me easter night she just wanted to make me happy but she doesn't feel loving inside right now and she's so down on herself. i'm in pain cuz i'm madly in love with her and i need to leave her alone cuz i don't wanna push her. to be truthful, i love her more than my ex, and this is just hard. i do know money can effect people. there's just a lot of variables. when i didn't get the job with the state she was really bummed and mentioned she felt like we took a step back in starting our lives together. (didn;t pass my color vision) i'm goin back to grad school in aug/sept and she went through that with her ex (he was in grad school when they were together) so i dunno maybe she's trying to figure if she wants to go through all that again. i think her negativity and depression is affecting her view of herself and she feels she doesn't deserve anything. i went from having all of her to having pretty much no communication at all. i honestly know she wouldn't split with me cuz she felt the relationship wasn't going anywhere cuz that's not the case whatsoever. there's so much love there. i'm at a loss.

since then on sat she has ended the relationship and says it is not the right time and she should never have gotten into a serious relationship again so quickly. that's bullshit cuz i threw all that out on the table last summer with her. she says she felt pressured and obligated to do things with me cuz we were spending so much time together and she had no time to do things for herself right now. the girl was mad about me wanted to get married. just a few weeks ago we were talking about bridal showers, honeymoons, etc...i don't fucking get it. i mean she had just been talking about building a life with me a now BOOM, done. she says she needs room to breathe and time. i never forced her to do anything, was just being myself. part of me now thinks she is bullshitting me because i just don't understand this so i am looking for some kind of concrete answer. sorry this is so freakin long
    "you can't change JMJ, it's legendary"- Brett Norton 9/24/07

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

we met in sept 2000 and instantly had a connection to each other. we both talk about the first time we kissed each other, we both felt 15 years old.

we could never get together because one of us were always with someone else.

in aug 2003 i was flying back from a friend's wedding in nyc and she picked me up at the airport. she'd split from her bf (now ex fiancee) and was just cryting telling me she needed time. i told her no worries at all.

that fall she found out she was getting transferred to a gym 70 miles from us. one weekend she came over and spent a couple evenings with me at my house and we were intimimate. she was telling me how she was in love with 2 great guys. she always loved me, and vice versa. the connection is just special.

she ended up leaving and trying to work things out with him again yet invited me in jan 04 to go with her and her sisters to disneyland for her sister's 30th bday. i obliged, we all had a blast.

they ended up getting back together and we didn't see each other or speak until after i got separated from my ex wife. i called her cuz i needed to work and they offered me a management job at the gym.

when we saw each other again, was like nothing had ever changed. all the same feelings were still there, but we played it cool cuz i was getting out of a marriage and she was on her way out of her relationship.

she broke it off with her ex in feb 08 and we went out with some friends in middle of april for dinner and drinks. she was getting into her car at my house and we finally kissed for the first time in like 5 years and it was the same as before, if not better. we were both taken aback by it.

end of may we finally get together after all these years! i had the most amazing time of my life. and all of a sudden, it just stopped, and i am very very crushed right now. it makes no sense. make matters worse, we work together again ...lol.

she still wears the ring i gave her at christmas. it's just on her right hand now instead of her ring finger. bout 7 years ago i bought her a pair of diamond sapphire earrings. (she's a sept baby) this christmas i got her the matching ring. her response was i wanna use this for the wedding band ....

she broke it off may 2nd on a saturday. she had been texting me periodically on the weekends and periodically at night saying "goodnight hun". i haven't heard from her since monday evening. i make it a point not to contact her unless she contacts me somehow.

but man, we were flyin high. my family loves her and vice versa. everyone is floored right now, and quite unhappy about it.

i'm in a LOT of pain

"It's the "JMJ" everyone had grown to love, man! Time to blow the roof off this place!"
    -Zachenfoot 2/23/10

"The links just look a little better with JMJ. Always has, always will." -Hurricane Halen 2/24/10

"I'm doin' the victory dance. Told ya I'd be back. Tell me ya missed me. Say it like ya mean it" - Blood and Fire. =VH= 2012. Welcome back boys :headband:

"I don't give a flying fuck about Motley Crue. I give about a half a fuck about Rush. I like Van Halen and don't give a flying fuck how many tickets they all sell. Any questions?"- jimmyw

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I know plenty of people, both men and women, who have gotten into relationships too quickly after getting out of one, and while they are happy at first, they take a step back and realize things are not what they had hoped for. I can't speak for this woman that this is what is happening, but it certainly is not all that uncommon.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Joey, sorry how things have panned out for you. Hopefully she makes a firm decision one way or the other, and soon. May not be the decision you want, but at least she will stop dragging your heart around.

Hang in there!

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

she needs to decide what she wants and WHO she wants.

I don't know her or you but whenever I hear a boyfriend or girlfriend cite their individual financial challenges or problems as being the reason they need space from the other person, my red flags go up.

Seems from reading your posts, she's had a hard time deciding who she actually wanted to be dating at any given moment and with her long-time ex still being involved in her life, she may be continuing to "be in love with two great guys."

Good luck brother, I hope all works out and you have some definitive information on this soon!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

Your doing the right thing by not contacting her. Concentrate on yourself right now. Set new personal goals or learn a new skill. Try to loose yourself in it. Then when you least expect it, a new one will appear.
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The one with the :
    Favorite VH Song

high fast stuff.
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:09 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Leave her be. She's jerking you around and you are playing right into it.

When/if she's ready for you again she'll be the one to reach out to you.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

all i know is yesterday i had a killer jam session in the garage with the tobacco wolfgang, some cigars, and some brews might have to do an encore

monica and i have such a stored history. have an amazing connection at times...

even the first friday we had one of those chats...that sat am i woke up at 10:32 thinking of her. i looked at my phone and within 5 seconds had a txt from her that said, i just woke up and was thinking of you, i love you. i said oh shit me too. she was amazed...omg, we just felt each other. that kinda shit happens all the time to us.

and you know, she pursued me just as much as i pursued her.

it hurts

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    she needs to decide what she wants and WHO she wants.

I don't know her or you but whenever I hear a boyfriend or girlfriend cite their individual financial challenges or problems as being the reason they need space from the other person, my red flags go up.

Seems from reading your posts, she's had a hard time deciding who she actually wanted to be dating at any given moment and with her long-time ex still being involved in her life, she may be continuing to "be in love with two great guys."

Good luck brother, I hope all works out and you have some definitive information on this soon!
    true

also tough when you go from 80,000 a year to about 52,000 a year.

and when your bills are about 3200 a month and after taxes you're bringing back about 3600 a month, IF that, that's tight. throw in that as managers, we work til 8 at night (8-8) mon-thurs and 8-2 on fridays, we're pinned in. there's very little time to do anything for yourself at all...

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Joey M View Post
    true

also tough when you go from 80,000 a year to about 52,000 a year.

and when your bills are about 3200 a month and after taxes you're bringing back about 3600 a month, IF that, that's tight. throw in that as managers, we work til 8 at night (8-8) mon-thurs and 8-2 on fridays, we're pinned in. there's very little time to do anything for yourself at all...
    absolutely...but work sucking and being tight on money is no reason to tell your boyfriend of a year who you've been talking about marriage and honeymoons with "hey, I need space because I'm short of change."

Quite the contrary...that's when you pull resources and continue solidifying your relationship.

Again, I have no insight into this other than that which you have provided and my own personal experiences, but I think the finances thing is a ruse.

You posed a great question: given all this financial stress, whatever, what exactly does she need all this space and time to do? What is she going to do during this time? Take a bubble bath? Read a self help book? Or run to her ex who might still be tugging at her heart strings and is helping her through these trying times?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    absolutely...but work sucking and being tight on money is no reason to tell your boyfriend of a year who you've been talking about marriage and honeymoons with "hey, I need space because I'm short of change."

Quite the contrary...that's when you pull resources and continue solidifying your relationship.

Again, I have no insight into this other than that which you have provided and my own personal experiences, but I think the finances thing is a ruse.

You posed a great question: given all this financial stress, whatever, what exactly does she need all this space and time to do? What is she going to do during this time? Take a bubble bath? Read a self help book? Or run to her ex who might still be tugging at her heart strings and is helping her through these trying times?
    hey man i feel the way u do, honestly. those are my thoughts as well. it can be so many things though. i don't think it's right to toss me to the side either. she mentioned to me how she began to feel so obligated and pressured to spend time with me cuz we had been together so much. i can understand that, just tell me you have things u wanna do and i'm very ok with that.

i dunno

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

oh dude get this...

she broke up with him on valentine's day 08.

this past valentine's day we woke up and i left her house to go home and get changed. slept over the night b4...we had a whole day planned.

she calls me and says ur not gonna believe what just happened about 10 minutes after you left...

that motherfucker was outside the complex...her sister had seen him. her sis lives right across from her. he asked for the engagement ring back AND the dog back that they had together...cute little guy. she was annoyed by the whole thing, as i was...found it odd he was there a mere 10 miinutes after i left. who the fuck does that?!

on april 4th...a sat, me her and her sis went to see some tribute bands play at a local casino here. they came back from the restroom and she informed me he was there. he didn't say anything to her. the next friday was when we had our first "talk"

i also saw an orchid at her house a few weeks ago, turns out he sent it to her...

so ya, i'm slightly emotional AND pissed the fuck off all at the same time...good thing i'm a level headed guy

-Zachenfoot 2/23/10

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Bare in mind though that there are some sick fucks out there, and he could be fucking with her head just for the hell of it. My wife's old room mate had an ex like that, he really didn't want her, but he didn't want anyone else to have her either.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

11.25.14 @ 09:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

I can totally relate to your situation. I'll pm you later w/my words of wisdom later-kinda hard now w/kids climbing all over me.
    LSU Tigers 2003 & 2007 National Champs
    Detroit Pistons 2004 NBA Champs

If looks could kill, I'd stare at everybody!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Bare in mind though that there are some sick fucks out there, and he could be fucking with her head just for the hell of it. My wife's old room mate had an ex like that, he really didn't want her, but he didn't want anyone else to have her either.
    could be what's going on, especially since he keeps showing up where you guys are and showing up right after you leave. The guy could be watching her and making things really difficult on her and THAT could be why she needs some space, to figure out how to get rid of the son of a bitch...still, this is something she should share with you, if indeed she's got a fatal attraction on her hands.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.