Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Sinner's Swing! DFVH5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,789
    Favorite VH Album

    5150/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams/Blood and Fire
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:02 PM
    Likes
    1,601
    Liked 791 Times in 477 Posts

    Default Any chance of meeting the band after the show?

    Since they're playing small venues right now? Please say "yes."
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

    Stats:
    BECAME FAN/PSYCHO: 12/91
    VAN HALEN WITH DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN WITH SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN WITH GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 6x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (including MIKE/MONTROSE)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    CABO WABO CANTINA: 1x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,216
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 03:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Slim to none, unless you're on one of the guys' personal guest lists.

  3. #3
    Good Enough badkaraoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.10.00
    Posts
    1,983
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Last Online

    01.15.14 @ 05:39 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Yes. They will meet you after the show. Only you though.
    A headless body in a topless bar...

  4. #4
    Sinner's Swing! DFVH5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,789
    Favorite VH Album

    5150/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams/Blood and Fire
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:02 PM
    Likes
    1,601
    Liked 791 Times in 477 Posts

    Default

    Sheeat, I figured. I think there may be a shot waiting for them to walk to their tourbus though (out the back).
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

    Stats:
    BECAME FAN/PSYCHO: 12/91
    VAN HALEN WITH DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN WITH SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN WITH GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 6x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (including MIKE/MONTROSE)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    CABO WABO CANTINA: 1x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DFVH5150 View Post
    Sheeat, I figured. I think there may be a shot waiting for them to walk to their tourbus though (out the back).
    out back? Damn, I'd been waiting for bands out front for all these years and have been wondering why I never met anyone!

    You shouldn't have posted this though...now EVERYONE is going to try and hang out back in hopes of getting to meet the band!

    just fooling around friend! No offense meant!

    Stay out of it, dude.


    I am Van Halen.

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,216
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 03:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DFVH5150 View Post
    Sheeat, I figured. I think there may be a shot waiting for them to walk to their tourbus though (out the back).
    Unlikely. At the clubs, the whole parking area for artists will be cordoned off.

    Good luck with that, though. You could just like...enjoy the show and not worry about it. It's not a meet n' greet deal. If you really wanna meet 'em, you could line up at the Pico Best Buy in LA at about noon on June 5th, and that will certainly give you a chance for some handshakes, thank yous, and quick autos on the CD.

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing! DFVH5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,789
    Favorite VH Album

    5150/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Dreams/Blood and Fire
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 12:02 PM
    Likes
    1,601
    Liked 791 Times in 477 Posts

    Default

    I'd definitely be there if I lived in California. I only did this because I was seconds away from meeting Diamond Dave after a show back in '03 at the Turning Stone Casino in Verona, NY. He was heading into the "Discosubmarine" behind the Casino and shook hands and took pictures with the first 2 people in line. My buddy and I were 5th. After the second group of people, he waved and got on the bus. So close! Met Warren DiMartini here in Pittsburgh at Metropol after the show. These guys are pretty high profile so I'm sure it's highly unlikely like you're all saying, oh well.
    Dave
    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

    Stats:
    BECAME FAN/PSYCHO: 12/91
    VAN HALEN WITH DAVE: 9x
    VAN HALEN WITH SAMMY: 8x
    VAN HALEN WITH GARY: 5x
    CHICKENFOOT/THE CIRCLE: 6x
    DAVE SOLO: 13x
    SAMMY SOLO: 15x (including MIKE/MONTROSE)
    GARY/EXTREME/TRIBE OF JUDAH/HURTSMILE: 7x
    CABO WABO CANTINA: 1x
    MET: Sammy 1x, Dave almost 1x, Gary 2x

  8. #8
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.31.04
    Posts
    81
    Last Online

    03.22.12 @ 11:21 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default ....

    All of the band members signed and / or posed with fans before and/ or after the show in SF last night, so the answer would be- yes!

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,216
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 03:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bret6262 View Post
    All of the band members signed and / or posed with fans before and/ or after the show in SF last night, so the answer would be- yes!
    Post your pics.

  10. #10
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.31.04
    Posts
    81
    Last Online

    03.22.12 @ 11:21 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default ...

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...F%2009/076.jpg I will post live pics in the show thread if there is one but here is what I got signed..the poster is from the ticket package... and what a hassle it was to get the poster as the venue (which has a staff that is normally not nice- not sure why the Fillmore is like that) had no clue that we were supposed to get the posters as they were trying to kick us out- against the direction of the C-foot staff telling us to wait- it got a little bad for a bit...but it worked out in the end and the posters look great...

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...F%2009/027.jpg

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...F%2009/074.jpg blurry self shot w/Chad... Mike was great as usual- that guy is ALWAYS nice- he spent a minute talking to my friend and I like we were his friends- talking about the SF Bay Area's great weather, the show, the NAMM pic I had which got a laugh out of him, etc.... seriously- Mike is the best! My friend had never met him before and was saying how nice he was too talking to us and all... Dugie kicked down some picks too- thanks!! He is always great to the fans also...!! (don't let his gruff exterior fool you!)...

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...F%2009/028.jpg Sammy signed stuff...

    the show was packed- with a lot of who appeared to be Sammy/Joe's family/ friends- as a ton of people had passes of some sort and did not necessarily look like a standard rock crowd (professionals/ families etc)

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Very cool. Insanely envious right now.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,216
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 03:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bret6262 View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...F%2009/076.jpg I will post live pics in the show thread if there is one but here is what I got signed..the poster is from the ticket package... and what a hassle it was to get the poster as the venue (which has a staff that is normally not nice- not sure why the Fillmore is like that) had no clue that we were supposed to get the posters as they were trying to kick us out- against the direction of the C-foot staff telling us to wait- it got a little bad for a bit...but it worked out in the end and the posters look great...

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...F%2009/027.jpg

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...F%2009/074.jpg blurry self shot w/Chad... Mike was great as usual- that guy is ALWAYS nice- he spent a minute talking to my friend and I like we were his friends- talking about the SF Bay Area's great weather, the show, the NAMM pic I had which got a laugh out of him, etc.... seriously- Mike is the best! My friend had never met him before and was saying how nice he was too talking to us and all... Dugie kicked down some picks too- thanks!! He is always great to the fans also...!! (don't let his gruff exterior fool you!)...

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...F%2009/028.jpg Sammy signed stuff...

    the show was packed- with a lot of who appeared to be Sammy/Joe's family/ friends- as a ton of people had passes of some sort and did not necessarily look like a standard rock crowd (professionals/ families etc)
    Very cool. I've seen pics of you before with VH too, haven't I. You either must have some kind of 'in' with Azoff or you're a seriously dedicated fan. Did you get a guitar pick with the package too?

  13. #13
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.31.04
    Posts
    81
    Last Online

    03.22.12 @ 11:21 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default ...

    no "ins"- just a fan... and the picks I asked Dugie for and he gave them...

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,216
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 03:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,617 Times in 994 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bret6262 View Post
    no "ins"- just a fan... and the picks I asked Dugie for and he gave them...
    Sweet. Kevin's a solid dude.

    Were they selling merchandize at a tee booth? How was the exclusive tee for the package? Are the sigs on the VIP package poster real or lithographed? And most importantly, how's that kickin' Chickenfoot 8 ball?

  15. #15
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    03.31.04
    Posts
    81
    Last Online

    03.22.12 @ 11:21 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default ....

    the shirt that came with the package is so-so- depends on your taste... I will give mine away personally but to each their own...my friend felt his was torn- but I think that was the "distressed" look haha... the 8-ball doesn't clearly give you an answer either haha... I let it in my kids' toy pile... the signatures on the posters are real- they had a stack of them- all pre-signed....Sammy's assistant brought them out and another guy passed them out after as they cut off the wristbands one by one that they had you wear as part of the package-

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...F%2009/073.jpg the wristband...

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...F%2009/078.jpg the shirt/ 8 ball

    they had some merch- a different poster, some t-shirts, a floppy type hat... nothing signed...
    Last edited by bret6262; 05.18.09 at 01:46 PM.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. If you had the chance to form a VH tribute band, would you cover all eras?
    By Dont disturb my Paradise in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08.02.08, 11:26 PM
  2. Seeing the band before show
    By jrnyc in forum 2007 Van Halen Tour
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04.24.08, 08:33 AM
  3. meeting EVH
    By searchingforEVH in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 11.16.06, 11:06 AM
  4. Meeting before LA show tonite?
    By Little Dreamer in forum The Red Rocker
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10.23.06, 12:18 PM
  5. The Late Show with David Letterman band plays Van Halen....
    By RAFTER in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08.12.00, 12:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •