Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default WTF??? International Gun Ownership Treaty

http://wearechangecoloradosprings.org/blog/?p=594

and....

International Firearms Treaty
    http://pagenine.typepad.com/page_nin...ms-treaty.html

In a stunningly clever move, president Barack Obama, speaking from Mexico, announced support for an international firearms treaty that could have far-reaching effects on U.S. gun ownership -- without needing to pass legislation and deal with normal congressional representation. See "Antigunners Bypass House" forthcoming in Page Nine. If ratified by the Senate, the treaty, which is already written, would become law and supercede even the U.S. Constitution, as specified in the Constitution itself (Art. VI).

I have obtained a copy of the 4,078-word treaty and have begun to study it; it has numerous conditions whose effects are unclear and could depend in large measure on how they are interpreted and applied. It appears that the conditions will require binding regulations to implement, which would be written by faceless bureaucrats and be relatively immune to legislative process or full public review. As soon as possible I will be releasing an analysis of the Inter-American Convention Against The Illicit Manufacturing Of And Trafficking In Firearms, Ammunition, Explosives, And Other Related Materials, which you can download here: http://www.oas.org/juridico/English/treaties/a-63.html

This opening requirement could presumably be fulfilled in almost any way, to satisfy an anti-rights interpretation of the treaty: "Art. IV, 1. States Parties that have not yet done so shall adopt the necessary legislative or other measures to establish as criminal offenses under their domestic law the illicit manufacturing of and trafficking in firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials." "Trafficking" is not explicitly limited by "illicit" and could mean almost anything.

http://technorati.com/tag/internatio...earms%20treaty
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

Yup, that's the most important issue of the day. Not the recession, not healthcare reform, not credit card rates going up, not the wars. Gun ownership.
    Little Dreamer

Last Online

08.16.15 @ 10:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Yup, that's the most important issue of the day. Not the recession, not healthcare reform, not credit card rates going up, not the wars. Gun ownership.
    I understand the sentiment, but our civil liberties don't go on the back burner simply because we have more pressing, far-reaching issues to deal with.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

changes regularly
    Favorite VH Song

also changes regularly
    Last Online

05.14.15 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

All of these things will take care of themselves if left alone (with the possible exception of the wars). Reversing a gun ban if it got passed would be considerably more difficult.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I get where you're coming from but it's not about gun ownership...it's about a government circumnavigating the constitution which guarantees us certain freedoms and rights. An assualt on one freedom is an assualt on all our freedoms.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Don't believe the hype. The Obama administration isn't coming for your guns. Now, do they want to reinstate sane gun regulation? Perhaps. Closing the gun show loophole would be a good start. And before you shit yourself, I own several guns myself and have absolutely no fear that anyone will be taking them anytime soon.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Again, what gun show loophole? Unless it's a rifle or a shotgun or you have a CCW permit (depending on state), you aren't walking out of the show with a handgun. Yeah, you'll still have to get a check for a shotgun/rifle, but that can usually be taken care of in less than an hour, at least here in FL.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

08.05.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

I think it's more about the retards that represent their special interests that allow all this stuff to happen, as opposed gun regulation.

This international treaty wouldn't be anything surprising....it's simply them doing what they always do..........which is being retarded.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

With the recession going on, more gun regulation is a good thing. Ppl are out of jobs, stressed - God knows what can happen. Maybe you guys know all of your neighbors where you live, and can vouch for their behavior at all times. I don't. There's quite a few I don't know and I'd rather them not have any weapons.
    Little Dreamer

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

With the recession going on, more gun regulation is a good thing. Ppl are out of jobs, stressed - God knows what can happen. Maybe you guys know all of your neighbors where you live, and can vouch for their behavior at all times. I don't. There's quite a few I don't know and I'd rather them not have any weapons.

Idiots with guns are funny. That's why you arm yourself. You can't be too carefull with this recession as you say. Kill or be killed. It's not just talk dude...it's just life. Better safe than sorry.

Like you said, you don't know some of your neighbors and you wish or rather they not have guns. But wouldn't you sleep better at night knowing YOU do have a weapon to protect your family and yourself in a pinch? Out.
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    Idiots with guns are funny. That's why you arm yourself. You can't be too carefull with this recession as you say. Kill or be killed. It's not just talk dude...it's just life. Better safe than sorry.

Like you said, you don't know some of your neighbors and you wish or rather they not have guns. But wouldn't you sleep better at night knowing YOU do have a weapon to protect your family and yourself in a pinch? Out.
    Yep!
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

oops.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

Treaties involving relations and trade are bad enough, but when it comes to treaties affecting our nations sovereignty, it's getting out of hand. The way I read that bill, American citizens would be governed by the whims of international law which would superseed even federal law.

We simply shouldn't let international commisions govern American citizens....whether the issue is guns or anything else.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Lodewijk View Post
    Treaties involving relations and trade are bad enough, but when it comes to treaties affecting our nations sovereignty, it's getting out of hand. The way I read that bill, American citizens would be governed by the whims of international law which would superseed even federal law.

We simply shouldn't let international commisions govern American citizens....whether the issue is guns or anything else.
    agreed, england has pretty much been governed by the e.u. in recent years and it hasn't worked out well for any of us, the fucking euro beauraucrats have their hands in everything, we are even told we have to accept imigrant workers...even though theres not enough jobs for british nationals....making gun regulations international law is a disgrace....if they do this with one of your constitutional rights theres no end to what they could do.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm thinking of getting one of these to put in my yard:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford