Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:51 AM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

Default Latest Catholic Church Sex Scandal

The latest sex scandal to hit the Catholic Church involves a Miami Beach priest and telemundo television host (ironically named "Alberto Cutie") who has been caught with his hands down the pants of......................

drum roll please

a woman

yep, that's it, Father Cutie has been cavortin' on the sands of Miami Beach with with a comely young woman...and the latino press has pictures to prove it.

the Catholic Church is incensed and has removed him from his parish
    Last edited by Daisy Hill; 05.07.09 at 05:45 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post
    the Catholic Church is insensed and has removed him from his parish

That's because the Catholic Church is all about the penis.

Why people want to be a part of...............aw, fuck it!
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Father Rico Suave
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO "Thornbirds" ladies?

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wham bam will rock View Post
    That's because the Catholic Church is all about the penis.

Why people want to be a part of...............aw, fuck it!
    I don't think we can talk about that any more.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Father Cutie (can you believe that name ) now says he "backs celibacy" but may marry.

From what I understand, the best way to ensure celebacy is to get married, so that Priest may be on to something.

The Catholic Church should be listening to this guy, cause what we've been doing hasn't exactly been working lately.

as a side note, the Priest who married my parents left the church and got married himself.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

When I was much younger I didn't understand the notion of celibacy and actually thought it might have something to do with the perversions that some priests have exhibited in the way of child molestation and pedophilia.

I no longer subscribe to that notion and actually respect and admire the concept of a priest being married to god and taking a vow of celibacy.

The cynic in me says it's a bunch of crap and that they are waisting their lives for something that doesn't even exist, but I've come to believe a couple things: 1. It doesn't matter what I believe. 2. Even if God doesn't exist, there is so much selflessness, so much humility and sheer devotion involved in a man giving his life purely and completely to his god, his church and his church members, that i can't help but admire it. I respect the priesthood.

As for this case in particular, shit is going to happen. He's either found someone who he has decided means enough to him to leave the church and marry OR he's going to realize his "sin" and redeem himself. That's between him, his god and his church.

As for the whole thing about priests being a bunch of boy-fuckers, I think it's horrific that the priesthood has been infiltrated by boy-fuckers and I think it's horrible how the church has handled it. In a way it's like the steroid thing in baseball in that now every priest is suspected of being a boy-fucker.

I may be in the minority, but I have the utmost respect for priests.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

I say good for the Padre.

Perhaps he was reading form the good Book and thought..."Eh, What the Hell..."

"How beautiful and how delightful you are, My love, with all your charms! Your stature is like a palm tree, and your breasts are like its clusters. I said, "I will climb the palm tree, I will take hold of its fruit stalks." Oh, may your breasts be like clusters of the vine...

Who knew the good Book could be so hot!
    "Everything comes to me while I'm sitting on the pot." - EVH

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:34 AM
    Liked 1,026 Times in 501 Posts

He's human. She's hot. They are in love. I hope he goes with the girl. That must be where his heart is.

At least he's not a pedophile.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    When I was much younger I didn't understand the notion of celibacy and actually thought it might have something to do with the perversions that some priests have exhibited in the way of child molestation and pedophilia.

I no longer subscribe to that notion and actually respect and admire the concept of a priest being married to god and taking a vow of celibacy.

The cynic in me says it's a bunch of crap and that they are waisting their lives for something that doesn't even exist, but I've come to believe a couple things: 1. It doesn't matter what I believe. 2. Even if God doesn't exist, there is so much selflessness, so much humility and sheer devotion involved in a man giving his life purely and completely to his god, his church and his church members, that i can't help but admire it. I respect the priesthood.

As for this case in particular, shit is going to happen. He's either found someone who he has decided means enough to him to leave the church and marry OR he's going to realize his "sin" and redeem himself. That's between him, his god and his church.

As for the whole thing about priests being a bunch of boy-fuckers, I think it's horrific that the priesthood has been infiltrated by boy-fuckers and I think it's horrible how the church has handled it. In a way it's like the steroid thing in baseball in that now every priest is suspected of being a boy-fucker.

I may be in the minority, but I have the utmost respect for priests.
    +1, but I believe and trust in God. Great post.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:03 AM
    Liked 786 Times in 377 Posts

Premium Member

+1

I'm no expert but I believe that catholic priests are supposed to be married to God,,, not pussy, or anything else.

Very demanding for a human indeed (though that's not an excuse). It's no wonder that many priests fall from grace.

It's also no wonder why people who have very serious sexual issues might fight those urges by going to the polar extreme by becoming a priest and devoting their lives exclusively to God.,, then eventually cave in and fail miserably.

But like the above poster said, this "Cuttie" guy was caught with a woman. He shouldn't be a priest, but it's not what I'd call a real "scandal".

I also have a great deal of respect for priests. The ones that stay true to God and don't fall to the temptations of this world.

They shouldn't be married. That's simply not part of the gig. They're married only to God, and for good reason. That should never change.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    First off, its not "boy-fucker", its "Pedophilic-American"

I just dont understand the thought process, from a female perspective, of how one knowingly falls in love with a priest. Just like I couldnt do it with a nun...and Im an atheist.
    Very bizarre.
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wruff_ajax View Post
    +1

I'm no expert but I believe that catholic priests are supposed to be married to God,,, not pussy, or anything else.

Very demanding for a human indeed (though that's not an excuse). It's no wonder that many priests fall from grace.

It's also no wonder why people who have very serious sexual issues might fight those urges by going to the polar extreme by becoming a priest and devoting their lives exclusively to God.,, then eventually cave in and fail miserably.

But like the above poster said, this "Cuttie" guy was caught with a woman. He shouldn't be a priest, but it's not what I'd call a real "scandal".

I also have a great deal of respect for priests. The ones that stay true to God and don't fall to the temptations of this world.

They shouldn't be married. That's simply not part of the gig. They're married only to God, and for good reason. That should never change.
    I don't think an error of judgement or falling for a woman should be immediate cause for dismissal from the priesthood. I've heard of several priests who have had sex and after doing so, they realized that indeed it was not the life they wanted, confessed, sought redemption, were forgiven and remained part of the priesthood...and maintain that those experiences have helped strengthen their devotion and belief in their calling. So, again, it's really up to him to decide what path he wants to walk. It's not like he fucked a boy, which I think should be immediate cause for dismissal, an ass whipping of godly proportions and be handed over to the cops....but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTheEdHead View Post
    First off, its not "boy-fucker", its "Pedophilic-American"

I just dont understand the thought process, from a female perspective, of how one knowingly falls in love with a priest. Just like I couldnt do it with a nun...and Im an atheist.
    Very bizarre.
    I get it...they're so unattainable. I've never met a nun I've wanted to sleep with, never even seen one, but I have met and seen some pretty handsome priests so I get it.

You know, (and this may not be the thread for it) but I really think the church should, at the risk of making things worse and causing a whole new batch of problems, go on a new inquisition as it relates to boy-fucker infiltrators.

Whether they joined the preisthood to escape their awful impulses in hopes of finding salvation and a "cure" or (and this is so vile) because they simply wanted a gig where they would have free access to plenty of boys who would trust them and who had parents who would trust them, they need to be found and excommunicated. I think it would cause all sorts of ugly problems but the church needs to clean out its closet and it needs to get these freaks out of there. I understand their belief in redemption and confession but they also have done what they've done for political reasons. They need to bite the bullet, excommunicate these people and hand them over to the authorities. I know it sets a very dangerous precedent about the sanctity and privacy of confession but from what I gather, they're not exactly finding out about these things in confessional. They're finding out about it when parents and victims come forward and instead of kicking the bastards out they just transfer them and bury the story.

The boy-fuckers, and the way the church has handled it, has given the media and anti-catholics everything they need to continue their assaults.

The church has a lot of problems...a lot, a tattered history that includes all sorts of scandal and filthy actions, a profound lack of nuns and priests, diminishing membership in western 1st world countries and on and on but the boy fuckers is the top of the list and better handling of it would go a long way to repairing the church's image and take a lot of ammo from its detractors.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

The entire Eastern Rite Catholic Church manages to function well with married Priests.. as does the entire protestant world. I know someone whose Dad was an Eastern Orthodox Priest and she's a pretty solid citizen

unmarried Priests (and the men only Priesthood) really are only a policy of the Catholic church not a biblical law and it is a relic of a bygone time.

I also know some absolutely AWESOME layministers in the Catholic church, who are in my opinion, truly called by God to serve and whom I'd much rather see leading a parish than some of the Priests I've met

but still, it's a terrible situation when all priests are tarred with the same brush as the pedophiles who lurk in the church and it's the Church's fault in their failure to take action except to cover it up

that's worked well for them

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

I just think from a practical standpoint the church can't afford to eliminate that great of a percentage of the population for priesthood right of the bat with the celibacy thing. I think if they continue with that practice, and dismiss out of hand everyone who isn't willing to commit to that, then they're losing great spiritual leadership potential in the church.

You're already eliminating half the population of women. Now, you've got 50% left to chose from. Of those 50% let's say 10% are willing to commit to that (I'm guessing the figure is nowhere close to that, just nice even numbers to make a point), suddenly before you've even talked to any of these people, you're down to 5% of the population as just a possibility. Now, of those 5% how many have the quality skills to be successful priests? Again, just doesn't seem practical.