Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Rush to Powell: Go be a Democrat

Rush Limbaugh is a complete asshole and what is wrong with the Republican party. Between Rush, Coulter, Hannity, Beck, Savage, they are keeping the Republican party down. I understand conservatism, but these guys are simply assholes. Hot air. I actually feel for those that relate to Republican ideals. Good luck with your party in the near future. I guess this is America, where a loud mouth fat ass oxycodone warped has the right to speak his opinion.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22203.html

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh Wednesday that if former Secretary of State Colin Powell is going to keep criticizing the GOP, he may as well leave the party and become a Democrat—adding that Powell’s endorsement of Barack Obama was “purely and solely based on race.”

“He's just mad at me because I’m the one person in the country that had the guts to explain his endorsement of Obama,” Limbaugh said on his radio show. “There can be no other explanation for it.”

“What Colin Powell needs to do is close the loop and become a Democrat, instead of claiming to be a Republican interested in reforming the Republican Party. He's not. He's a full-fledged Democrat,” Limbaugh said.

“He's out there saying I am killing the Republican Party while he endorsed and voted for Obama,” Limbaugh added. “The Republican Party nominated the exact kind of candidate Colin Powell thinks the Republican Party should have and he still endorsed Obama.”

Speaking Sunday to CNN host Fareed Zakaria asked Powell if Republicans can “continue to listen to Rush Limbaugh?"

“Is this really the kind of party that we want to be when these kinds of spokespersons seem to appeal to our lesser instincts rather than our better instincts?" Powell replied.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I say let the fat ass shout himself into a tizzy. He's about one Big Mac away from a full coronary.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It is strange how cycles go. It was but 4 years ago that Karl Rove was saying the Republican's were in position to become the permanent majority party. They'll be back but they do need to rebrand themselves.

As for Limbaugh, he's doing nothing different than what he's always done. His problem is that he was proven to be less-than-true in his "rock solid" conservative values when he kept carrying the water for the Repub's through the Bush years, all the while Bush was doing very un-conservative things. He saved his venom for the Nancy Pelosi's and Harry Reid's when he should have been just as pissed at his Republican cronies for expanding government just as grossly as any Democrat. Nobody likes a hypocrite.

My impression is that Powell was a Republican based more on loyalty to those who helped elevate his career (i.e. Reagan, Dad Bush). He's never been a conservative darling and Limbaugh has been critical of him for years. Personally, I'll side with Powell over Limbaugh. Limbaugh is a schlep behind a mic that has made millions marketing his "core values" and perpetrating this image of a "great American" while Powell has actually served his country rather admirably.

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Dave
    Favorite VH Song

Dave
    Last Online

11.16.12 @ 10:28 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by looper_guy View Post
    Personally, I'll side with Powell over Limbaugh. Limbaugh is a schlep behind a mic that has made millions marketing his "core values" and perpetrating this image of a "great American" while Powell has actually served his country rather admirably.
    Powell is a dignified adult. Limbaugh is a spoiled child. It goes beyond politics.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the truly great make you feel that you, too, can become great." - Mark Twain

"Edward?.....thank ya." ~ Could This Be Magic

"The attitude is we live and let live. This is actually an amazing change in values in a rather short time and it's an example of freedom from religion."
    ~ Thomas Wolfe

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

Powell to Jenny Craig 'before' photo boy: "Go be a blowhard douchebag. Oh wait........"
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Cool. I'd gladly take him in the DNC. He'd get A LOT of military followers, not to mention some high powered fat-cats.

There's still rumors floating that Obama is looking to appoint Powell as an Ambassador in one of the countries that we need an upstanding, seasoned contact in.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Colin Powell is just a stellar human being and Rush's comments show exactly what is wrong with most of the talk show hosts. They do nothing but polarize people and can not appreciate anything positive about someone that does not bow to their ideals.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I think Rush is an asshole, too, but I also think he's right a lot more often than he's wrong. I think his CPAC speech was stellar, and I wouldn't say he carried the water for Bush, at all. Bush's problem was trying to be friends with extreme left Democrats. He never defended himself. And now the government is blowing up and spending money and seizing power like crazy, and everybody thinks it's hallelujah time. Whatever.

But Rush is a big asshole. I agree.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Republicans should be embracing Colin Powell, not Rush Limbaugh. As long as Limbaugh is legitimized and regarded as the voice of the conservative movement, this so-called "re-branding" of the Republican party will be nothing more than wind.

One simply does not find such an honorable, dignified, heroic, and significant figure as Colin Powell very often in Washington and beyond. Had he ever chosen to run, he in all likelihood would have in fact been our first African-American president. And, no matter what party affiliation, I in all likelihood would have voted for him.

And, oh my god, how can Limbaugh actually say Powell's endorsement was based exclusively on race? How dare that loud mouth belittle one of our finest military and political figures in that way. Inappropriate, inaccurate, and immature. I hope people finally start to see how genuinely absurd Limbaugh's perspective is.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Executionor View Post
    Between Rush, Coulter, Hannity, Beck, Savage, they are keeping the Republican party down.
    I don't think Beck is very concerned with keeping the Repubs down. Pretty sure he's a Libertarian.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I think Rush is an asshole, too, but I also think he's right a lot more often than he's wrong. I think his CPAC speech was stellar, and I wouldn't say he carried the water for Bush, at all.
    You wouldn't have to, he said it himself. I'd look it up for you, but
    I already feel tawdry enough simply addressing anything to do with this
    colostomy bag of a human. Hypocrite defined.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by mistere View Post
    You wouldn't have to, he said it himself. I'd look it up for you, but
    I already feel tawdry enough simply addressing anything to do with this
    colostomy bag of a human. Hypocrite defined.
    But there also came a point when Rush finally said that if the Republicans and Bush wouldn't stand up for themselves, then he would no longer do it for them. I heard it, and I can't listen to him for more than five minutes myself.

Rush was highly critical of Bush at times; he certainly didn't reach the level of blind allegiance that folks like Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann have with the current administration.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

As a political party you know your in trouble when radio talk show hosts are more popular than your candidates. Republicans are a fractured group and the radio boys are reflective of the Reagan/Goldwater wing of the party. I think the party is doomed if they dont unite on common ground and the elected republicans follow it. Most of the Reagan crowd is either dead or retired or on the radio or TV. Iam a Conservative a fiscal one,less spending,strong military,less taxes for all, and second amendment supporter. I dont care about gay marrage.I feel Abortion is up to the woman. Iam for stem cell use. I think drugs should be legal and have the proceeds go to decrease income tax burden. Who the hell should I vote for?
    Last edited by edwardv; 05.07.09 at 04:36 AM.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    As a political party you know your in trouble when radio talk show hosts are more popular than your candidates. Republicans are a fractured group and the radio boys are reflective of the Reagan/Goldwater wing of the party. I think the party is doomed if they dont unite on common ground and the elected republicans follow it. Most of the Reagan crowd is either dead or retired or on the radio or TV. Iam a Conservative a fiscal one,less spending,strong military,less taxes for all, and second amendment supporter. I dont care about gay marrage.I feel Abortion is up to the woman. Iam for stem cell use. I think drugs should be legal and have the proceeds go to decrease income tax burden. Who the hell should I vote for?
    republicans like you are the ones the party does not want. Republicans like you need to rally around a legitimate non-party affiliated candidate or push for a legitimate candidate to represent the libertarians.

Republicans like you point out the hipocrisy of the Republican party...they chant and shout for smaller government with no intrusion into our personal lives yet demand that government expand to define marriage, limit gambling, smoking, drinking, sex, and drugs. Basically they want a small government when it comes to their own brand of christianity and gun ownership. Everything else, they want the government regulating, limiting and managing.

If people such as yourself, and people that do not identify themselves with either major party actually became organized and began voting for non-party affiliated candidates in their local, state and federal elections, it would bring an end to the senseless merry go round where the republicans and democrats take turns ruining this country.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

It's really pretty simple. Republican candidates have moved moderate to gain more votes because they can straddle the fence on a lot of key issues, leaving conservative Republicans in the lurch.

Consevative Republicans need to quit feeling sorry for themselves and go outside of the party and find a party that represents them better.

I voted McCain in the last election...not because I'm a Republican, but because I felt like I had to choose between a Moderate Democrat and a Liberal Democrat. There really wasn't any conservative representation.

Either the Republicans get back to their conservative base, or they're doomed.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter