Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K., VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the sky, Humans Being
    Last Online

05.27.15 @ 08:46 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Default eddie and satch?

have eddie and satch ever been friends or acquaintances? ive never eally heard much of them talking to each other or anything.
    Personal Link
    www.facebook.com/TWDJR

Band Links:
    www.facebook.com/azmythband
    www.myspace.com/azmythband
    www.soundclick.com/azmythus
    www.azmythmusic.com

"Does anyone elses grandmother drink bacon grease?"

"I could barely see the ham, from the steam comin off of it, i reached down, between its legs, and cut a piece off" ... "Hamina"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Constantly Changes
    Last Online

05.23.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 200 Times in 123 Posts

I don't konw; however, judging by past behaviour of the Bros Van Halen...they won't be friends now.
    "Always hopeful, yet discontent,
    He knows changes aren't permanent
    But change is!"

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 07:14 AM
    Liked 209 Times in 124 Posts

Premium Member

They played on the same dart league team at The Power House every Tuesday night....then had a falling out when Satch joined the Thursday night league as well....and....y'know......

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

ed's too insecure to be friends with a guy like satch or vai.

I know Satch has mentioned that they've invited EVH every year to join G3, perhaps one of these years he'll except the invite. I'd love to see him jam with Wolfie and AVH for about hour worth of instrumental tunes.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I had heard that alot to do with Ed's split with Peavey was them working with Satch. They wanted to work with an artist who was more flexible to move a line forward. Ed was apparently pretty bitter with him at the time, when they made the Satriani sig amps their major line but he was also in a pretty different mindset too. I'm with ya. It would be cool to see him play with those guys, but I get the feeling it would be a repeat of his gig with Albert Lee and Steve Morse. He seemed very uncomfortable and out of place. Granted their of different base genres but Steve and Satch are like two peas in a pod. Ed may be the odd man out. who knows.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

You CAN'T have TWO friends. (Alex got dibs)
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Didn't Ed show up at a studio very drunk with a 6-pack when Satch was cutting an album. A toasted Eddie hung out for a while with Satch while tracks were being cut.

I think I read it on this site.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.02.13 @ 06:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Back in the day, Guitar Magazine ran a column called "In the Listening Room" where they would play some songs for a name artist to comment on.

One of the cuts they cued up for EVH was "Satch Boogie."

Ed had not heard it before. He dug the track alot and said something along the lines that "that dude has some Van Halen in him." I think Satch would have thought that was a great honor.

Admittedly that was a long time ago.

And Satch has probably released 15 albums since Surfing with the Alien.

VH....2. And one of them was VH III.

I have never heard Satch (or Vai) diss Ed. I think EVH's place in the guitar god pantheon is secure, even in the eyes of the best guitarists that took what EVH did to new and higher levels.

Joe is by all accounts an awesome guy (Coldplay deal notwithstanding) and I can't imagine he has anything against Ed or that Ed could have anything (rationally) against Joe.

Favorite VH Song

tough decision
    Last Online

05.04.13 @ 04:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

In a different post I wrote about how a friend of mine is very good friends (and grew up with) Steve Vai and his family. When VH toured last time, I had my friend call up Steve's sister (also his manager) to see if she could get some tickets (LOL - well, it was worth a try) - Pam (his sis) said even Steve couldn't get tickets.

After thanking my friend for trying we got to talking and I asked if Steve and Eddie knew each other. Eddie used to go over Steve's house and jam from time to time during his drinking days.

Sooo--- getting back to the original question - I know Steve and Satch are and/or were friends...don't know about Ed and Satch - sorry.
    Van Halen

April 1978 Palladium, NYC
    March 1984 MSG, NYC
    July 1986 Meadowlands, NJ
    Oct 1988 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    July 1993 Jones Beach, NY
    April 1995 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    Oct 2007 Mohegan Sun, CT
    Nov 2007 Nassau Coliseum, NY
    May 2008 MSG, NYC

DLR June 2003 Westbury Music Fair, NY

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Goldustgrl View Post
    In a different post I wrote about how a friend of mine is very good friends (and grew up with) Steve Vai and his family. When VH toured last time, I had my friend call up Steve's sister (also his manager) to see if she could get some tickets (LOL - well, it was worth a try) - Pam (his sis) said even Steve couldn't get tickets.

After thanking my friend for trying we got to talking and I asked if Steve and Eddie knew each other. Eddie used to go over Steve's house and jam from time to time during his drinking days.

Sooo--- getting back to the original question - I know Steve and Satch are and/or were friends...don't know about Ed and Satch - sorry.
    Thats cool! I didn't know that. I'm kinda surprised. Two of my favorite players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 12:06 PM
    Liked 573 Times in 314 Posts

Donor

I know EVH and Vai are friends. There's a video of Vai at a seminar or a school of something, and he was talking about how a guitarist's sound comes from his fingers. The example he used was, one time EVH was hanging over at Vai's and he grabbed Vai's guitar to demonstrate what he was talking about.
    And Vai said, he picked up my guitar, hooked to my amp and electronics....and there was Edward. (meaning the sound)
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoHalen5150 View Post
    ed's too insecure to be friends with a guy like satch or vai.
    ain't that the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPER5150 View Post
    I had heard that alot to do with Ed's split with Peavey was them working with Satch. They wanted to work with an artist who was more flexible to move a line forward. Ed was apparently pretty bitter with him at the time, when they made the Satriani sig amps their major line but he was also in a pretty different mindset too. I'm with ya. It would be cool to see him play with those guys, but I get the feeling it would be a repeat of his gig with Albert Lee and Steve Morse. He seemed very uncomfortable and out of place. Granted their of different base genres but Steve and Satch are like two peas in a pod. Ed may be the odd man out. who knows.
    that's the difference though. Satch can go play with anyone and feel comfortable doing it. Eddie only knows Van Halen and can't do anything different. That's why despite EVH paving the way, everyone needs to admit that he has his limitations and he's been exceeded, even as a rock player.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.02.13 @ 06:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Peavey angle is interesting.

Peavey, like Music Man before it, had/has real beefs with EVH.

By contrast, Joe's sponsorship deals with Peavey and Ibanez have been solid for years.

Still, I don't know about ill will between Satch and anybody (so long as he does not think they won a grammy by stealing his melody!)

If EVH is clean and sober, I wonder if he would dare to go out on a G3 tour with Satch. That would be so so cool.

Per Vai, the G3 invite is entirely up to Satch.

But my guess is that Ed's personal demons and unreliability means that he will never get asked (and his insecurities would keep him from accepting anyway). With Dave Larue playing bass for Satch these days, my guess/hope is that Steve Morse gets the call for the next G3.

In the meantime, looking forward to the Foot coming down!!!!

Does anyone else here dig Joe's contribution the the Chickenfoot video widget? His little sock puppet bit cracks me up every time I see it -- EVH would never do something so funny, self depricating or clever in a million years!

Last Online

06.07.13 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Man - I love some of the speculation / diisses on this site as far as Ed goes.

Who was the guy above who started saying Ed can't jam or something and only knows limitations as per his work with Van Halen.......

1) I've heard Ed jam on everything live with Luke, recording with Starfleet project extended EP with the tribute to Clapton (when he breaks a string and keeps going) to recording of him in the studio just shredding. Ed has plenty

2) Do you really think Vai and Satch are great at jamming? They ain't....watch G3 where Yngwie and Petrucci smoke them both. I love Vai and Satch - but saying they can jam but Ed can't is garbage. They indeed can only play within the confines of their own music.......

3) I know Vai and Ed are mates seen some pics to support this. I'm sure Satch is as well........

4) Satch has indeed tried to get Ed to do G3 - however he duly noted that Ed can fill an arena on his own, so why would he bother playing a theatre.
    Ed: Actually, the last record I bought was by a band called Brand X
    Al: I make my living by viciously attacking something
    Mike: ...actually I don't drink.
    Sammy: Are these yours Eddie?
    Dave: Look at that ankle - dirty girl!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Man - I love some of the speculation / diisses on this site as far as Ed goes.

Who was the guy above who started saying Ed can't jam or something and only knows limitations as per his work with Van Halen.......

1) I've heard Ed jam on everything live with Luke, recording with Starfleet project extended EP with the tribute to Clapton (when he breaks a string and keeps going) to recording of him in the studio just shredding. Ed has plenty

2) Do you really think Vai and Satch are great at jamming? They ain't....watch G3 where Yngwie and Petrucci smoke them both. I love Vai and Satch - but saying they can jam but Ed can't is garbage. They indeed can only play within the confines of their own music.......
    3) I know Vai and Ed are mates seen some pics to support this. I'm sure Satch is as well........

4) Satch has indeed tried to get Ed to do G3 - however he duly noted that Ed can fill an arena on his own, so why would he bother playing a theatre.
    Ok, I can't stand guitar virtuoso music but Steve Vai and Joe Satriani can play ANY STYLE at the drop of a hat. They can play Djanjo style jazz, they can play big-box Joe Pass runs, they can play beebop, they can play slide blues, they can play delta blues, they can play classical, they can play whatever you want.

I love ed but he does not have that kind of range...he just doesn't. I prefer him to them but he's not that kind of chameleon player that can assume completely different identities on a whim. I don't think he ever wanted to be.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.