Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:49 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default Airforce 1 flyby over Manhattan and NJ.

F-16s Buzz Lady Liberty, Put City on Edge

An Air Force One lookalike and two F-16s circled the Statue of Liberty in New York harbor this morning, halting work on nearby construction sites and giving thousands of people in downtown Manhattan and New Jersey quite the scare.

"Everybody panicked," said Daisy Cooper, a Merrill Lynch worker in Jersey City, who lost a nephew on 9/11. "Everybody was screaming and we all ran downstairs. I'm devastated. ..Everybody was running, we didn't know why we were running. We just knew it was a plane, there we go, 9/11 again."

The Air Force One lookalike is a back up plane for the one used by the president, The New York Times reported. The plane is designated by the Defense Department as a VC-25 but is recognizable to the public as a Boeing 747.

The Federal Aviation Administration said there was no reason for alarm, even thousands of people saw the two fighter jets circle the statue, along with a VC-25, and immediately thought the worst.

"Thousands" of people in the streets of Jersey City were set into a panic, said Stan Eason of the Jersey City Police Department. Buildings were evacuated because residents were unaware what was going on, Eason said. Thousands of Jersey City office workers fled their office buildings in fear of another 9/11 attack.

"It's completely asinine after 9/11 to do that," said Keith Mercantine, who witnessed the chaos in Jersey City. "I saw ambulances out here with pregnant women."

Eason was checking to see if any authorities were notified. They received a number of calls and were prompted to call the FAA.

"They were making two, maybe three passes," FAA spokesman Jim Peters told News 4 New York. "The (Department of Defense) and the FAA worked this all out in advance."
    Related Stories

No word on where the photo op will show up.

And here's the video.

Then, in a smart-ass, smug comment made by the White House Press Sec, he basically told a reporter that, "THEY, the media" should have told him about this incident, because he wasn't aware that this event even happened. Isn't he the fucking Whitehouse Press sec? Robert L. Gibbs is a shit-fume.

NYC Mayor Bloomburg, Homeland Security, among others living and working in Manhattan were very upset that no noticed was given by the Whitehouse, the FAA or the Military that a flyby was about to take place so close to GROUND ZERO and the Manhattan area, that left people evacuating buildings and running in the streets.

But, in Obama's defense, it was stated that he too was very upset that this incident happened and he too wasn't aware of the photo op that the backup AirForce 1 jet was doing today. But, how could he, NOT know?

HH<----And the hits keep comin, comin........and comin comin--------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

Too hard to choose
    Favorite VH Song

Too hard to choose
    Last Online

06.02.16 @ 09:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

White House press secretary Gibbs, uhh,uhh,uhh, I don't know, uhh, I don't have any information, uhh,uhh......Well, the Bush administration weren't the only fucks ups running the country.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

If I lived in NY I would have been shitting my pants too just by watching that video footage. EXTREMELY reminiscent of the famous video of the first plane heading towards WTC on 9/11.

Of course Obama says he was disappointed. What else is he going to say though, really. He has to maintain his image of Mr. Good Guy.

I saw him talking about swine flu on the news, this is what he said, "It's not a cause for concern." Alright then.

If Bush said that, I guarantee you we'd be talking about it now.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 06:49 AM
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

HH<---The video's are showing up on youtube very quickly-----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.06.17 @ 06:36 AM
    Liked 119 Times in 56 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen View Post
    Then, in a smart-ass, smug comment made by the White House Press Sec, he basically told a reporter that, "THEY, the media" should have told him about this incident, because he wasn't aware that this event even happened. Isn't he the fucking Whitehouse Press sec? Robert L. Gibbs is a shit-fume.
    I do hate to be negative, but that guy really is a piece of work.

If he is supposed to represent the president, and is the liason between the president and the mass media, then I wonder why he comes off so arrogant?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

A couple of phone calls to the mayor, the networks, and NYPD is all that was needed.

Someone with the USAF, and the Whitehouse needs a good old fashoned ass-whooping for being a dipshit. I doubt POTUS was in on the details of this little operation but the airplanes that we call "Air Force One" all fall under the White House perview. That means that someone at the White House approved of a photo-op with the Statue of Liberty in the backround.

On the bright side, I think its the kick in the pants New York and the country need to be reminded that 9/11/2001 really did happen. It also reminds us that there are still communications problems, and judgement problemsn in Washington at the highest levels.

Seriously, a couple of phone calls would have made all the difference.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,482 Times in 904 Posts

Press Secretary's statement was dumb.

As for Obama not knowing, I can see that. They guy has 1,000,000 things on his plate and can't know everything.

Although, I'm not even sure if he should or should not know that this was happening.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    A couple of phone calls to the mayor, the networks, and NYPD is all that was needed.

Someone with the USAF, and the Whitehouse needs a good old fashoned ass-whooping for being a dipshit. I doubt POTUS was in on the details of this little operation but the airplanes that we call "Air Force One" all fall under the White House perview. That means that someone at the White House approved of a photo-op with the Statue of Liberty in the backround.

On the bright side, I think its the kick in the pants New York and the country need to be reminded that 9/11/2001 really did happen. It also reminds us that there are still communications problems, and judgement problemsn in Washington at the highest levels.

Seriously, a couple of phone calls would have made all the difference.
    They reported on the news last night that the NYPD and the Mayors office were both notified. As far as the Mayor goes the word never got to him by his staff.
    It did seem to be an assanine move though. The Airforce really should have notified the news media a week in advance so they can inform the public that it will be happening and to prepare for it.
    It would be interesting though to know who wanted and who approved the photo op. I can't believe that a picture of AF1 flying over the statue doesn't exist.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman View Post
    The Airforce really should have notified the news media a week in advance so they can inform the public that it will be happening and to prepare for it. It would be interesting though to know who wanted and who approved the photo op. I can't believe that a picture of AF1 flying over the statue doesn't exist.
    Specially with photo imaging software available to people these days, more so with those who have the $$$$$$$ to hire the good stuff...

Last edited by voivod; 04.28.09 at 05:10 AM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:01 AM
    Liked 2,388 Times in 1,490 Posts

Premium Member

Gibbs is a bumbling idiot. He went to the Joe Biden school of gafs. Now lets all wash our hands and get back to printing more money.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Saw this last night and I was like, WTF? I can see Obama not knowing, but that doesn't make it right. As for the Mayor's staff not alerting him, they're just as big a dipshits as the press sec'y.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Not informing the general public was about as intelligent as going to a dinner party, dropping your trousers and taking a shit on your cake and calling it "choccy topping".
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts

Donor

More of our tax dollars hard at work. It's a small fortune to pull those planes out of the hangar, let alone for a simple photo op.
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lodewijk View Post
    More of our tax dollars hard at work. It's a small fortune to pull those planes out of the hangar, let alone for a simple photo op.
    yep.

I suppose the new york media should have been alerted so they could then tell everyone not to have any sort of post-traumatic stress syndrome flare ups or whatever but the bigger issue here is the reason why they are dragging these plains out, endangering crew and spending all that freaking money being wasted but hey...with a 3.2 TRILLION dollar budget, I guess there's room for crap like this.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & 2
    Favorite VH Song

way too many.....
    Last Online

10.06.13 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Not informing the general public was about as intelligent as going to a dinner party, dropping your trousers and taking a shit on your cake and calling it "choccy topping".

Perfect. I feel the same way.

"All right, Wolf, which one do you want?"
    -DLR, 05/15/08, BALTIMORE, to me and my best friend

But one night's all we're given,
    So, baby, leave me alone, or, baby, stay the night

The Van Halen I grew up on showed up at the party, drank all your alcohol and fucked your girlfriend. The Sammy era seemed more like spending a Saturday night alone with your girlfriend telling her how much you love her. - Sickman, summing it all up for me!