Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

In The Studio: Stories Behind History's Greatest Rock Bands

In the Studio with Redbeard is a North American radio program, produced and hosted by Dallas, Texas based rock and roll disc jockey Redbeard.

The show is a weekly hour-long "rockumentary" interview with music program which looks at the making of many of the greatest albums recorded in rock and roll history, although sometimes it would spotlight the history of rock and roll bands. Redbeard interviews the musicians who created these classic albums.

I used to listen to Redbeard when he was the regular DJ for Q102 radio station in Dallas, TX. Some of you Texans will remember him. Great DJ and radio personality.

There are Van Halen and Sammy interviews, as well as, other great artists.

http://inthestudio.net/

Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Dude, THANKS! This is flippin' great! Listening to the 90125 special now.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Marc View Post
    Dude, THANKS! This is flippin' great! Listening to the 90125 special now.

Thought you might dig that!

As far as the Van Halen interviews, not sure if those can be found anywhere but on this site. But hey, what do I know.

Last edited by SNIC; 04.23.09 at 06:03 PM.
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Favorite VH Album

Woman and children first
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 598 Times in 389 Posts

Listening to the VH2 special right now.
    JB
    My chat with Mike & Joe from Chickenfoot 1/7/12
    http://bit.ly/yyS5uq

With a real rockstar - Jason Becker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ElJcDdgfT0

NEW single "Heavy Mellow" & The REMIX available on iTunes & worldwide on bandcamp!
    http://johnnybeane.wordpress.com/201...unes-bandcamp/

My bio.
    http://about.me/johnnybeane

"Like" me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/guitaristjohnnybeane

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybeane View Post
    Listening to the VH2 special right now.
    JB
    Wonder and when the Al/Ed interviews came from?
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:57 PM
    Liked 1,383 Times in 758 Posts

Is Ted interviewed? That's the only thing I want to know.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

12.02.17 @ 12:58 PM
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    Is Ted interviewed? That's the only thing I want to know.
    No, he isn't
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

-"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 07:25 AM
    Liked 180 Times in 91 Posts

Redbeard is one of my favorite DJs growing up. I listened to his syndicated show from CT as a teenager and he was one of the guys who I was inspired by to become a DJ in the first place.

The only bad thing I can say about the guy is that I have a red beard myself but could never use that name on the air since the King himself had already taken it!!! I always thought that was and still is one of the coolest DJ names around!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by EAS View Post
    Redbeard is one of my favorite DJs growing up. I listened to his syndicated show from CT as a teenager and he was one of the guys who I was inspired by to become a DJ in the first place.

The only bad thing I can say about the guy is that I have a red beard myself but could never use that name on the air since the King himself had already taken it!!! I always thought that was and still is one of the coolest DJ names around!
    Thanks for sharing that story! So did you come up with your own cool DJ name?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Nights in Cabo View Post
    In the Studio with Redbeard is a North American radio program, produced and hosted by Dallas, Texas based rock and roll disc jockey Redbeard.

The show is a weekly hour-long "rockumentary" interview with music program which looks at the making of many of the greatest albums recorded in rock and roll history, although sometimes it would spotlight the history of rock and roll bands. Redbeard interviews the musicians who created these classic albums.

I used to listen to Redbeard when he was the regular DJ for Q102 radio station in Dallas, TX. Some of you Texans will remember him. Great DJ and radio personality.

There are Van Halen and Sammy interviews, as well as, other great artists.

In addition to the interviews, if you click on the "Live Tracks" tab you can listen to some stuff recorded live right there in the studio. Track of Joe Satriani doing "Ceremony". And a very nice acoustic version of Lynyrd Skynyrd doing "Sweet Home Alabama".

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Latest interview addition, May 4:

Chicago - Chicago Transit Authority (40th Anniversary)
    with guest Robert Lamm

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Latest interview addition, August 3:

Woodstock - Woodstock (40th Anniversary)

Also, recently: George Harrison, Bad Company, The Cars, and The Kinks

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 09:00 PM
    Liked 537 Times in 291 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by FiftyoneFtfty View Post
    Wonder and when the Al/Ed interviews came from?
    I think it came from the 91 Fuck interview. I just said it was from something else. Hell, I'm all over the place with this. Out.
    Last edited by track 5; 08.09.09 at 10:07 PM. Reason: I know I suck, but I rule at that!
    Quin-a-se-i-co

You're a dick for putting ian on "ignore" DIF

"You stupid fuck!" Seen

"Well if you saw it, stats and scientific studies be damned!" Lovemachine 97 v. 2.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

I know we have several Beatles fans on here. And many of you have bought or are planning on buying Beatles remastered CDs. So you might want to take a listen to this.

Beatles - Remastered Box Set Pt 1

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:42 AM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by track 5 View Post
    I think it came from the 91 Fuck interview.
    took me a few minutes to comprehend this one. Had to think about where in the world there would be a radio station called "91 Fuck"!