Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Fansite pre sale a joke !!

I know I sound bitter, because I am......I did the fansite thing and got my code early last week, was on the pre sale early and if their were any tickets available it was only a few (Got ripped for the $50 it cost to join).....I would like to know if any of you that joined the fansite, got tickets this way ?....Their were lots if you wanted the VIP tickets at $217ea....Lucky for me my buddy got us a couple of tickets to the Toronto show on Sat through ticketmaster.....The Mod club only holds 600 people for this show....So I was very lucky...

I hope someone from their camp reads this, becuase knowing that Sammy gives his tickets at the Cabo away for free (Been their twice) and is all about his fans....I don't think he would approve of what I went through to get tickets through his own site.....I have no problem paying a small charge to join a bands site to get access to good seats early.....BUT ONLY IF THEIR ANY FOR SALE !!!....I know tickets are limited and they are all small venues, but I was on the pre sale right at 10am and got nothing, seems like someone wanted everyone to get the VIP seats because their were lots at the site at 10:30am.
    Last edited by 5150canuck; 04.19.09 at 03:26 AM.
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My friend. That really sucks.
    I got lucky. Did the join thing. Even messed up. My loving wife had to figure it all out for me. Got the codes all mixed up.
    Your just pissed you cant go to every show in Canada.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Ron how are you buddy, well I am going to the show because my buddy got me a ticket on Sat....Now that I think of it,I have been very lucky seeing VH or Sammy over the years (RIM Party,Cabo Wabo, Ed at NAMM 2007)...The streak is alive and well !!

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah Brutha.
    Id love to have seen VH and company as much as you have.
    But I gots all kinds of video footage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Birds of a feather, flock together !!

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

My guess is they sell alot more fanclub memberships than there are VIP seats available on the presale, this happened to me on the Van Wolfgang tour. I also bet places like Tickets Now and Stubhub have plenty of VIP tics to sell you at about 4 times what you could have got them for on the fansite. Its a scam and I hope they all rot in hell. Its Azhoff and his ilk dont forget he runs Ticketbastard and makes money on all ends.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.23.09 @ 10:13 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The pre-sale b.s is a joke, it is basically a money suck and it is no different from the personal seat license that sports team placed on fans when they moved into new stadiums forcing fans who wants to be season ticket to buy PSL's which only gave them the right to buy season tickets. Whomever thought of that concept should be housed and slaughted. If these guys who I love where so for the fans they should be doing these shows for free becuase they don't need the damm money. It's a shame.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hear your pain. I joined the fc last week, and on the day of the presale, my code would not work. So in a panic, i just bought the membership bundle, did get 2 tickets. Now have 2 memberships which is plain old silly, but i guess an extra 80 bucks to see satch and sammy play in a small venue in boston is worth it..
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I was one of the lucky ones and was able to grab 2 tickets through the pre-sale for the Mod Club. You have to put it in perspective...you are right..the Mod Club only holds 600 so if they put even 10% aside for fan club members that is only 60 tickets (or 30 fanclub members.) As long as you are going, that is all that matters at this point. Think of how pissed the people that didn't get tickets at all are right now!
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 01:12 AM
    Liked 1,634 Times in 1,004 Posts

Donor

Small club + high demand = slim chance at tickets regardless of presale status or not.

VIP packages would've sold out just as fast if they'd offered reserved seats.

Few people want to pay 225 for general admission shows.

That being said...half of VH plus Satch and a Chili Pepper in a club setting is not something you're going to have the opportunity to witness much in this life.

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 180 Times in 57 Posts

Glad to hear you're still able to see them!!

It may seem a little like an extra way to get some money but like all tickets being sold online it's a first come first serve mess. Especially when the demand is high. So even if you join the fanclub with a desire to buy presale tickets.. if you aren't online early enough when they go on sale(and have your info already registered into the site) you may miss out(especially when it's big names in a SMALL club). On the flip side, in a city where maybe the interest isn't as intense the fanclub membership may be a waste of money in regards to presale tix cause they may still have them available after the presale is over. Plus they are General Admission tickets so getting them early is no benefit as far as the quality of your location.

It's simply a chance at getting the tickets before the general mass attempts to. I'm sorry to hear you ran into trouble. At least for your FC membership you're getting a shirt, a discount on the online store and any other benefit that may come in the future..

Maybe when they come back from Europe and do a larger venue tour the Fanclub will be more helpful for getting great seats!

I got GA presale tix for philly np but I was infront of a pc when the email came in alerting of them going on sale. Very glad I have them but still they are General Admission and GA sucks chicken ass.(in a small club it's okish cause you will be close regardless but still..)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

1 thru Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars
    Last Online

05.07.15 @ 12:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's NOT the bands fault!!! They don't even get a guestlist!!! Neither Dugan or Michael could even get me or anyone else they know even a ticket! Not that I care, but I think it's kinda fucked up that even THE BAND can't invite their own friends to a show... WTF is that about??? Like I said, I don't care, I'll buy my own tix, I'll be happy just to see my friend Dugan... but again, it's NOT the band's fault, it's their management & Label that are FUCKED UP!
    The Pumpkinhead!

"After three decades you still don't get the fact that VH the band was greater than the sum of all of its parts -- and those parts fit perfectly together, especially in the CVH lineup." - Delighted Romeo, Hit the nail right on the God Damn Head!!!

Last Online

02.18.16 @ 03:10 PM
    Liked 144 Times in 51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 5150canuck View Post
    I know I sound bitter, because I am......I did the fansite thing and got my code early last week, was on the pre sale early and if their were any tickets available it was only a few (Got ripped for the $50 it cost to join).....I would like to know if any of you that joined the fansite, got tickets this way ?....Their were lots if you wanted the VIP tickets at $217ea....Lucky for me my buddy got us a couple of tickets to the Toronto show on Sat through ticketmaster.....The Mod club only holds 600 people for this show....So I was very lucky...

I hope someone from their camp reads this, becuase knowing that Sammy gives his tickets at the Cabo away for free (Been their twice) and is all about his fans....I don't think he would approve of what I went through to get tickets through his own site.....I have no problem paying a small charge to join a bands site to get access to good seats early.....BUT ONLY IF THEIR ANY FOR SALE !!!....I know tickets are limited and they are all small venues, but I was on the pre sale right at 10am and got nothing, seems like someone wanted everyone to get the VIP seats because their were lots at the site at 10:30am.
    Not my experience. I got three sets of tix to three different cities no problem. That sucks you didn't.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning/ 5150
    Favorite VH Song

happy trails/ dreams
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 07:00 PM
    Liked 1,832 Times in 988 Posts

Donor

I would trade the opportunity to see this band in a small club versus any size venue out there. You guys/gals that are going to the road test gigs are very lucky.imo.
    Utilize. Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

I love coffee and sarcasm.

RJD \m/

Sig Pic courtesy of Greenpaw

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 01:12 AM
    Liked 1,634 Times in 1,004 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by hagarfn View Post
    I would trade the opportunity to see this band in a small club versus any size venue out there.
    It's really a no brainer. Just not gonna have that chance very often for artists in this caliber range.