Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:44 PM
    Liked 787 Times in 378 Posts

Premium Member

Default DHS Report Warns Of "Right Wing Extremists"

DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano

The Department of Homeland Security today released a report warning of "Rightwing Extremism".
    The "Key Findings" section of the report opens with these words: "The DHS/Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) has no specific information that domestic rightwing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence, but rightwing extremists may be gaining new recruits by playing on their fears about several emergent issues. The economic downturn and the election of the first African American president present unique drivers for rightwing radicalization and recruitment."

The report is "one of the most embarrassingly shoddy pieces of propaganda I’d ever read out of DHS," writes Michelle Malkin, who deems it a "piece of crap report" that serves as "a sweeping indictment of conservatives."

DHS spokeswoman Sara Kuban said the April 7 assessment is one in an ongoing series published by DHS "to facilitate a greater understanding of radicalization in the United States."

"DHS has no specific information that domestic right-wing terrorists are currently planning acts of violence, but right-wing extremists may be gaining new recruitments by playing on their fears about several emerging issues," Kuban said.

The Department of Homeland Security is warning law enforcement agencies that recent news is helping "right-wing extremist groups" recruit new members and could lead to violence, and warns about the possible recruitment and radicalization of returning veterans.

The report suggests that returning veterans are attractive recruits for right-wing groups looking for "combat skills and experience" so as to boost their "violent capabilities." It adds that new restrictions on gun ownership and the difficulty of veterans to reintegrate into their communities "could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."

"Proposed imposition of firearms restrictions and weapons bans likely would attract new members into the ranks of right-wing extremist groups ... The high volume of purchases and stockpiling of weapons and ammunition by right-wing extremists in anticipation of restrictions and bans in some parts of the country continue to be a primary concern to law enforcement," the report says.

"It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration."

I'm a wartime veteran, not happy at all about our government, and just yesterday picked up 3 boxes of ammo for my M&P 45. I guess I'm a potential right wing "extremist" or "terrorist".
    Add to that I'll be at the Tea Party in Denver tomorrow. Man, I'm extreme.

It's called exercising my constitutional rights as an American citizen.

According to our president we're not to call the true terrorists "terrorists" anymore. But our veterans fighting for our country are now under the scrutiny of the Department of Homeland Security as likely "domestic right-wing terrorists", according to the DHS.

Crap indeed.

Here's the entire report in pdf format: http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/rightwing.pdf

(Reporting Notice: DHS encourages recipients of this document to report information concerning suspicious activity to DHS and the FBI.)
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sure they're a threat...who do you think blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City? Who bombs abortion clinics? Who are members of supremacist groups? The report isn't calling all right-wingers threats...it's citing the extremists.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas_kudochop View Post
    Sure they're a threat...who do you think blew up the Federal Building in Oklahoma City? Who bombs abortion clinics? Who are members of supremacist groups? The report isn't calling all right-wingers threats...it's citing the extremists.

You are exactly right, however, the regular "right wingers" use this as a rallying cry. I have a bro in law that is out of his gord about Obama. Very much a gun enthusiast (not that there is a thing wrong with that) EVERY single time I see him he is talking plain out hate and negative. I don't get that sort of mind set. I didn't run around when Bush was not doing things that everyone knew was not on the up and up and freak out. I don't know how these people have the energy to be so "out of it" as I like to say. He spends his days listening to Mike Savage (don't know anything about this guy and don't care to) and Rush Limbaugh.

I persoanlly believe that there will be even fewer Republicans in 2010 because of these "Voices".
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 11:33 AM
    Liked 1,385 Times in 760 Posts

It's hard to understand how people could get so angry with the guy barely 3 months in office and most of the measures he initiated not having come into effect yet.

Unless there's another reason...
    Little Dreamer

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Ummm....this threat assessment was begun in Spring of 2008, you know, back when W Bush was still the President? Anyway, it's a fair assessment so I don't know what the deal is.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    Ummm....this threat assessment was begun in Spring of 2008, you know, back when W Bush was still the President? Anyway, it's a fair assessment so I don't know what the deal is.
    I agree. Especially this part-

"The report suggests that returning veterans are attractive recruits for right-wing groups looking for "combat skills and experience" so as to boost their "violent capabilities." It adds that new restrictions on gun ownership and the difficulty of veterans to reintegrate into their communities "could lead to the potential emergence of terrorist groups or lone wolf extremists capable of carrying out violent attacks."

Makes sense to me that this would be/could be threatening. Focusing outwardly makes more sense, but keeping the periphery on the internal is important as well. If something came up that originated within our borders and the DHS didn't have a bead on it, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Again, "radical". Just like radical islam, radical anything can be considered a threat. Radical right and left both have a fair share of nut jobs.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

People have taken the 2nd amendment way too far. Owning a hoard of assault rifles is not what the founding fathers had in mind. I know guys who have more fire power in their houses than a squad of SEALS would take on a mission.

The sad thing is, these people believe it's there god given right to own this shit when really, it's a law that could be repealed (theoretically speaking).

But, we're way past the point of no return. I pity any law enforcement agent who would have try and enforce a fire arm ban. Or any Politician that would stick there neck out to support a bill banning any sort firearm.

I really don't know anyone who owns these stock piles of weapons who uses them for anything other than to show off and compensate for, you know.

But really in the end, it really is a childish fascination with guns. And I really think it speaks to the level of rationality a person has. It's like anything, why must you go overboard with all of these weapons?

I have no issue with a person owning one rifle or even one handgun, but it seems as if there is a small scale arms race going on because Obama is going to take their guns away.

No seems to have figured out, that if people would exercise a little restraint when it comes to guns, they wouldn't be trying to take them away. But the right has fought and fought to make everything from bb guns to .50 caliber Sniper rifles legal. It's not enough to have a hunting rifle or shotgun.

When the 2nd amendment was written, they were talking about a front loading musket to protect yourself from the British or Indians or to maybe hunt some food. But it's not proportional anymore. You could take down a heard of elephants now or a school full of kids and people think it's fine. Nobody needs an assault rifle, if you want one of those, go join the military and protect us from the real evil out there.

I dont get it and I never will. I truly believe the 2nd Amendment is leading us toward the downfall of this country.

I know this is long and rambling, and Im sure im in the minority but I just dont get it.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

I don't like your argument, but to be fair, I haven't seen one that I do like that is against #2.

What's the problem with owning a shitload of guns? How many can somebody shoot at one time? Why would you have a problem with that? Because it's excessive? To whom? You? So what?? Why should that make a difference when it comes to the right to posses?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here is the actual report (in PDF):

https://secure.wikileaks.org/leak/us...emism-2009.pdf

Just in case you want to see how this is being blown out of proportion.

Facts, leveling mountains made out of mole-hills since year 1.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oh, and it's not the guns, it's the rental truck loaded with improvised explosives and the bombs made out of propane tanks that make me nervous.

My Blog:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    I don't like your argument, but to be fair, I haven't seen one that I do like that is against #2.

What's the problem with owning a shitload of guns? How many can somebody shoot at one time? Why would you have a problem with that? Because it's excessive? To whom? You? So what?? Why should that make a difference when it comes to the right to posses?
    I guess I say what's the point of owning a shitload of guns? How many can you shoot at one time? To me, It's really more about the types of guns people are buying. I guess in the end, they all do the same thing, but I personally have to question the mental state of some someone who has the need to own dozens of things designed specifically to kill. It's all personal preference, I get that, and Im not trying to tell anyone what they can and cant do, but I just really want to understand the fascination and need to posses the weapons themselves. And why do some feel it is there birth right to own a gun.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Littler Monster View Post
    I guess I say what's the point of owning a shitload of guns? How many can you shoot at one time? To me, It's really more about the types of guns people are buying. I guess in the end, they all do the same thing, but I personally have to question the mental state of some someone who has the need to own dozens of things designed specifically to kill. It's all personal preference, I get that, and Im not trying to tell anyone what they can and cant do, but I just really want to understand the fascination and need to posses the weapons themselves. And why do some feel it is there birth right to own a gun.

Same reason you'd own a shitload of guitars. You can only play one at a time.

Some guns are works of art. Some gun collectors collect guns from specific wars (WWI,WWII, Vietnam, etc). Some collect guns that are featured in movies : .44 Magnum, Walther PPK and so on. Some guns are works of art.

Then there are the guys who just like looking at a cabinet full of fire arms.

The same bug makes a person collect thousands of salt & pepper shakers will do the same to some who like guns.

And I do not own a gun.

My Blog:

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
    Same reason you'd own a shitload of guitars. You can only play one at a time.

Some guns are works of art. Some gun collectors collect guns from specific wars (WWI,WWII, Vietnam, etc). Some collect guns that are featured in movies : .44 Magnum, Walther PPK and so on. Some guns are works of art.

Then there are the guys who just like looking at a cabinet full of fire arms.

The same bug makes a person collect thousands of salt & pepper shakers will do the same to some who like guns.

And I do not own a gun.
    Sure, Collecting and stockpiling are the same thing.

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie's Littler Monster View Post
    I guess I say what's the point of owning a shitload of guns?
    I guess what I say, again, is why does that even matter and factor in to the equation at all?

How many can you shoot at one time? To me, It's really more about the types of guns people are buying. I guess in the end, they all do the same thing,
    We agree there

but I personally have to question the mental state of some someone who has the need to own dozens of things designed specifically to kill.
    Correction- They are designed specifically to shoot. They are not designed to kill.

It's all personal preference, I get that, and Im not trying to tell anyone what they can and cant do, but I just really want to understand the fascination and need to posses the weapons themselves.
    Actually when you start talking about swapping out the 2nd and use dramatics like "the downfall of our culture" or whatever you said before, you kind of are in fact infringing upon what people can and can't do, albeit indirectly. If that's not your intention, then you should use caution with how you choose to convey your thoughts.

And why do some feel it is there birth right to own a gun.
    Um, because it IS if you're born here??

Favorite VH Album

=VH= II
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:44 PM
    Liked 787 Times in 378 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    Hi Axxman. Yes. They've just added in the "Obama" clauses to include the recent election of a black president as a tool that so-called "rightwing domestic terrorist groups" will use to recruit fellow "rightwing extremists".
    It's simply not a Bush vs Obama issue as the left tries to make so much out to be.

If this report is a fair assessment as you say then who exactly is a rightwing extremist? Maybe someone can clarify because this government report certainly doesn't.

Is a person concerned about borders and ports that are unsecured, illegal immigration, second amendment rights, or a returning veteran from the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan likely, as the Department of Homeland Security suggests, a right wing extremist?

Their vague definition of "Rightwing Extremist" is something that bothers me about the report.

Asside from the vague "white supremacist groups" condemnation then they name no one, only saying repeatedly "many" rightwing extremists.

"Many rightwing extremists were concerned during the 1990's with the perception that illegal immigrants were taking away American jobs."

"Rightwing extremist chatter on the Internet continues to focus on the economy, the percieved loss of U.S. jobs in the manufacturing and construction sectors, and home foreclosures."

"Many rightwing extremists are antagonistic toward the new presidential administration and its perceived stance on a range of issues, including immigration and citizenship, the expansion of social programs to minorities, and restrictions on firearms."

"Many rightwing extremist groups perceive recent gun control legislation as a threat to their right to bear arms and in response have increased weapons and ammunition stockpiling."

"The FBI noted in a 2008 report on the white supremacist movement that "some" returning military veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan have joined extremist groups."

And on and on.

It's reports like this and the recent so-called Missouri Report for example that leave people scratching their heads about exactly who our government deems a threat to national security.

Hey btw Eddies Monster. It's our birth right to own a gun because it's in our constitution. It is a right in this country, and not a privilege as todays government is leading you to believe with the BS laws they're passing in order to erode the 2nd amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America.
    Last edited by Wruff_ajax; 04.14.09 at 06:42 PM.
    _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_