Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default NuWave Oven Pro and other "as seen on TV" appliances

So anyone here have a NuWave Oven Pro?

I have a Foreman grill (who doesn't) and I'm quite pleased with it. I also have a Magic Bullet and my wife and I love it.

The one I'm really interested in is the NuWave Oven Pro. The one that uses all three forms of heat to cook with thus allowing the user to put frozen meat straight from the freezer into the oven and it cuts cooking time in half, if not more.

Anyone ever used one?

What experiences have you guys and girls had with the various kitchen appliances they have informercials for?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

take your whiskey home
    Last Online

09.10.17 @ 07:23 PM
    Liked 51 Times in 34 Posts

just finished using my pasta n' more...everything it says it is..use mine 4 or more times a week...baked potato,shrimp,spaghetti...seriously think it is the best 20 bucks i ever spent...also have had probaly no fewer than 6 foreman appliances and have never been disappointed..last one was his deep fat fryer and i love it...

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by buster65 View Post
    just finished using my pasta n' more...everything it says it is..use mine 4 or more times a week...baked potato,shrimp,spaghetti...seriously think it is the best 20 bucks i ever spent...also have had probaly no fewer than 6 foreman appliances and have never been disappointed..last one was his deep fat fryer and i love it...
    i want the new foreman that came out, with the removable trays and such. I think i'm on my 4th foreman as of right now. Great little machines.

Anyone have a nuwave oven pro?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Hell, I didn't even know what one was until I googled it.

Some interesting reviews of it at this site though:
    http://www.infomercialratings.com/product/nu_wave_oven
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Hell, I didn't even know what one was until I googled it.

Some interesting reviews of it at this site though:
    http://www.infomercialratings.com/product/nu_wave_oven
    I've been watching that informercial for years. I saw it again over the weekend and I'm really tempted to pick one up. The wife and I both work, the same schedule, and we come home and between taking care of the dogs and doing chores around the house, making a good dinner is a real pain in the ass. I hate eating out, it costs too much and we end up eating crap food like Jack in the Box. When we eat in, most of the crap we eat is microwaveable stuff or stick in the oven crap like frozen lasagna. I like buying meat but defrosting is a pain and doing roasts or grilling steaks can be a bit of a pain. So I'm thinking about buying this thing. I like how I can throw something in from the freezer and let it go. I also dig the way they are able to put the veggies and the meat in there and let it all cook at the same time. Seems like a real time and effort saver.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Why spend all that money on a "special" oven? Just go to the deli and buy a rotisserie chicken or take a few minutes in the morning and put something in the crock pot like a roast and frozen vegetables for stew. Super easy. And there is nothing better than coming home from work with dinner ready and the house smells great.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79 View Post
    Why spend all that money on a "special" oven? Just go to the deli and buy a rotisserie chicken or take a few minutes in the morning and put something in the crock pot like a roast and frozen vegetables for stew. Super easy. And there is nothing better than coming home from work with dinner ready and the house smells great.
    The Wife and I were having this same conversation yesterday. I just don't think it's a good investment for us. What we really need to do is go through a few crock pot/slow cooker cook books and start using it more than we do. We need to get away from the boring recipes we use day after day.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    The Wife and I were having this same conversation yesterday. I just don't think it's a good investment for us. What we really need to do is go through a few crock pot/slow cooker cook books and start using it more than we do. We need to get away from the boring recipes we use day after day.

I will be having beef stroganoff for dinner with the following recipe:

1 lb to 1-1/2 lb beef for stew
    1 can mushroom soup
    1 packet of Lipton Dry Onion Soup mix
    1/2 can of water

Mix it together, cook all day in crockpot on low. Come home, add some pre sliced mushrooms, sour cream and cook your egg noodles. It's delicious. Took me about two minutes to dump the stuff in the crockpot this morning and will take about 5 minutes to finish when I get home.

You can also put some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in to cook and then do tons of stuff with them when you get home like shredded chicken tacos or burritos. Easy stuff, honest, you just have to remember to do it. Throw some diced ham and beans together to cook and then make cornbread when you get home. Lots of stuff you can do.
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

1 can mushroom soup
    1/2 can of water

Mix it together, cook all day in crockpot on low. Come home, add some pre sliced mushrooms, sour cream and cook your egg noodles. It's delicious. Took me about two minutes to dump the stuff in the crockpot this morning and will take about 5 minutes to finish when I get home.

You can also put some boneless, skinless chicken breasts in to cook and then do tons of stuff with them when you get home like shredded chicken tacos or burritos. Easy stuff, honest, you just have to remember to do it. Throw some diced ham and beans together to cook and then make cornbread when you get home. Lots of stuff you can do.
    So how would I do this? Put frozen or thawed breasts? Would I put them in with broth or water or just drop them in?
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    So how would I do this? Put frozen or thawed breasts? Would I put them in with broth or water or just drop them in?
    You can get the bags of frozen chicken breasts (which you can get on sale) and just throw in the number you want for the two of you. Cook on the low setting all day while you're at work and they'll be nice and tender when you get home. As for the broth or water, it depends if you want to use it to make something like chicken and noodles. Which is another easy, homemade meal if the chicken and broth are ready for you. Just add seasoning, celery, etc to the chicken while it cooks in broth and then add noodles when you get home. You'll want to shred the chicken after it's cooked (just put everything through a strainer to get the chicken out but save the broth) but still, it's quick. If you are going to season the chicken for burritos or put it in a casserole after it's cooked, plain water is fine.

Oh, my other big time saver is Steam and Mash potatoes by Ore Ida. You get them in the freezer section and they are just plain, peeled and diced potatoes that you put in the microwave for ten minutes and when they are done, you make mash potatoes with them the way you like them. NO MORE PEELING POTATOES!!! I like mash potatoes with my chicken and noodles which made me think of them.

We just tried something that turned out delicious that you might like too. Have you ever had the italian stallion sausage at a fair? We wanted something similiar so we took bratwursts (which I normally don't care for), put those in the crockpot with a can of spagetti sauce (I use the Hunt's Four Cheese) with sliced onions and peppers. It cooked on low all day and then we just put all the yummy stuff on a bun (you need one that is more sturdy than a regular hot dog bun because of the sauce). I swear, I can't tell you how good it was. You have to be careful because the brats want to fall apart when you take them out because they are so tender. We also sliced up some more onions and peppers and sauted them to add on top after we got home but still, super easy and delicious!!

The crockpot is your friend if you work but still want to make homemade meals for your family. Just experiment with it. If you get the meat cooked for your dinner, the rest is usually pretty easy. And it's so wonderful to come home with the house smelling great and not have to worry about dinner.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You can get the bags of frozen chicken breasts (which you can get on sale) and just throw in the number you want for the two of you. Cook on the low setting all day while you're at work and they'll be nice and tender when you get home. As for the broth or water, it depends if you want to use it to make something like chicken and noodles. Which is another easy, homemade meal if the chicken and broth are ready for you. Just add seasoning, celery, etc to the chicken while it cooks in broth and then add noodles when you get home. You'll want to shred the chicken after it's cooked (just put everything through a strainer to get the chicken out but save the broth) but still, it's quick. If you are going to season the chicken for burritos or put it in a casserole after it's cooked, plain water is fine.

Oh, my other big time saver is Steam and Mash potatoes by Ore Ida. You get them in the freezer section and they are just plain, peeled and diced potatoes that you put in the microwave for ten minutes and when they are done, you make mash potatoes with them the way you like them. NO MORE PEELING POTATOES!!! I like mash potatoes with my chicken and noodles which made me think of them.

We just tried something that turned out delicious that you might like too. Have you ever had the italian stallion sausage at a fair? We wanted something similiar so we took bratwursts (which I normally don't care for), put those in the crockpot with a can of spagetti sauce (I use the Hunt's Four Cheese) with sliced onions and peppers. It cooked on low all day and then we just put all the yummy stuff on a bun (you need one that is more sturdy than a regular hot dog bun because of the sauce). I swear, I can't tell you how good it was. You have to be careful because the brats want to fall apart when you take them out because they are so tender. We also sliced up some more onions and peppers and sauted them to add on top after we got home but still, super easy and delicious!!

The crockpot is your friend if you work but still want to make homemade meals for your family. Just experiment with it. If you get the meat cooked for your dinner, the rest is usually pretty easy. And it's so wonderful to come home with the house smelling great and not have to worry about dinner.

i love those frozen chicken breasts in the bag...they are soooo convenient but I never thought to use those in the crock pot. So how much water should I put in the pot with the chicken? I think I'm going to try this tomorrow before we leave for work.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:50 PM
    Liked 6,841 Times in 3,580 Posts

Premium Member

1 can mushroom soup
    1/2 can of water

Well... I just got home from the market, and threw this together. If it comes out well (and I'm sure it will), I'll be kicking myself for trying to get beef stroganoff done right on the stove top all these years, with mixed results and too much time involved.

Keep It Simple Stupid

Thanks for the recipe loveevhsince79

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Anybody ever bought "Kaboom!" cleaner? Billy shows it breaking up hard water buildup. Been using CLR, would be nice to have something that works without so much scrubbing and stink.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Number 47 View Post
    Well... I just got home from the market, and threw this together. If it comes out well (and I'm sure it will), I'll be kicking myself for trying to get beef stroganoff done right on the stove top all these years, with mixed results and too much time involved.

Keep It Simple Stupid

Thanks for the recipe loveevhsince79
    How did it turn out for you???

Broke - on the water thing, enough to cover the chicken breast so the water doesn't evaporate too much during the day if you are going to just be shredding them for something.