Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Default North Korea launches rocket, defying world pressure

By JEAN H. LEE, Associated Press Writer Jean H. Lee, Associated Press Writer 8 mins ago

SEOUL, South Korea – North Korea defiantly carried out a provocative rocket launch Sunday that the U.S., Japan and other nations suspect was a cover for a test of its long-range missile technology.

Liftoff took place at 11:30 a.m. (0230GMT) Sunday from the coastal Musudan-ri launch pad in northeastern North Korea, the South Korean government said. In Washington, the State Department also confirmed the launch.

The rocket flew over Japan and landed in the Pacific Ocean, the Japanese broadcaster NHK said, citing its government.

"Our primary concern is to confirm safety and gather information," Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso told a news conference at his Tokyo office Sunday.

Resisting calls from President Barack Obama, Aso and Hu Jintao of China to call off the launch, North Korea had announced Saturday that preparations were complete to send communications satellite Kwangmyongsong-2 on a multistage rocket bound for the skies over Japan.

Tokyo deployed warships and Patriot missile interceptors off its northern coast to shoot down any debris that the North said might fall over the area.

U.S. and South Korean warships equipped with missile interceptors also plied the waters between the Korean peninsula and Japan to monitor the launch.

Russia, meanwhile, scrambled fighter jets to its Far East in case any debris hits its territory, Russian news reports said.

North Korea pushed ahead with the launch despite mounting international pressure to cancel a liftoff Obama warned Friday would be a "provocative" act.

South Korea, the U.S. and Japan said earlier in the week they would take North Korea to the U.N. Security Council for an act they say is banned under a 2006 resolution barring Pyongyang from ballistic activity.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Fuck 'em.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Imagine what would happen to North Korea if Kim Jong-il devoted energy and resources to finding ways to feed the people of his country and establish some means of trade rather than, say, launching big rockets in order to flex his tiny muscles and cover up for his small penis in front of the rest of the world. I'm tired of that fuckin' guy.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 10:58 PM
    Liked 1,385 Times in 760 Posts

I think if the US was indifferent to this guy it would actually contain him better. North Korea thinks it's easier to bait the US than to deal with their powerful neighbors like China, SK and Japan.

Also the not-so-well kept secret is that no one really wants this guy to leave power. Coz once the regime is gone, the rebuilding of North Korea would cost hundreds of billions of dollars, maybe trillions, and no one has the money or wants to foot the bill. NK is infiltrated with SK spies, and they could topple the regime if they wanted, but who would paid? It's purely a question of $. Sad to say but a lot of ppl prefer the status quo for financial reasons.
    Little Dreamer

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    Imagine what would happen to North Korea if Kim Jong-il devoted energy and resources to finding ways to feed the people of his country and establish some means of trade rather than, say, launching big rockets in order to flex his tiny muscles and cover up for his small penis in front of the rest of the world. I'm tired of that fuckin' guy.
    The scary thing is that the, since his supposed stroke last year, the tone from North Korea as returned to beligerance and defiance after a period where things seemed to mellow out. Either Kim is compensating for his small penis AND debilitation or the folks around him have taken more control and are as bad/worse than he is.

This regime doesn't have a friend in the world which may be a saving grace. When I was in China last year, there was some pretty critical editorials in the English version of the state paper. And some of the locals I spoke to refered to North Korea as "crazy".

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,325 Times in 3,179 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I say fuck em. We know our missles work so let him get frisky.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    I think if the US was indifferent to this guy it would actually contain him better. North Korea thinks it's easier to bait the US than to deal with their powerful neighbors like China, SK and Japan.

Also the not-so-well kept secret is that no one really wants this guy to leave power. Coz once the regime is gone, the rebuilding of North Korea would cost hundreds of billions of dollars, maybe trillions, and no one has the money or wants to foot the bill. NK is infiltrated with SK spies, and they could topple the regime if they wanted, but who would paid? It's purely a question of $. Sad to say but a lot of ppl prefer the status quo for financial reasons.
    I'm sure it's not anything United Fruit couldn't handle.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:22 PM
    Liked 6,691 Times in 3,711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewThomas.net View Post
    i can make the same argument against the US government's foreign policy.

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

Depends on the Day of the Week
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, D.O.A., TYWH
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:16 AM
    Liked 1,328 Times in 798 Posts

A Good Informative article by the Guardian from the UK about the N. Korean Launch:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...-rocket-launch

~~8 U.S.C. § 1182(f)~~

Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Rover View Post
    A Good Informative article by the Guardian from the UK about the N. Korean Launch:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...-rocket-launch
    I see "Baghdad Bob" found a new job as the NK spokesman. WOW...what a load of propaganda at the end released by the NK's.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

I wonder what the chances of recovering any of it are? I'm sure it was tracked, but it landed in the middle of the Pacific. I'm not sure there would be much to see.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

I saw on CNN that this is the 3rd time they've launched a missile and they all land in the Pacific. Is this on purpose because they don't really want a war, just a threat, or do they suck at building missiles?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 4,800 Times in 2,450 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by it's me View Post
    Yes but who would protect you from the Russians taking over the oil reserves the arctic circle?

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by it's me View Post
    yep...perspective is everything. I love how the US gets really upset and indignant and outraged when another nation shoots a rocket, dares to develop nuclear technology, builds a bomb whatever....could someone please remind me who had the first a-bomb? Oh and who dropped the first one? oh and the second one? Yeeeeaaaaah. What is the old saying? One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. One man's civil unrest is another man's revolution. One man's act of defiance is another's man's first step towards a nation evolving into a more modern more viable country. Me personally, I could give two tosses about North Korea or their dictator but I think it's important to call a spade a spade and the US loves to prevent countries from doing what they themselves have done and continue to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post
    Yes but who would protect you from the Russians taking over the oil reserves the arctic circle?
    now that's funny!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:22 PM
    Liked 6,691 Times in 3,711 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls View Post

not at all realistic but funny.