Favorite VH Album

The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Default Gunman 'lying in wait' kills 3 Pittsburgh officers

I am a 2nd Amendment supporter and believer. I know Lode personally, but this is becoming far too frequent, and NOT helping people that want to keep their gun ownership rights. If I were as liberal as people think I am, this story, the one from New York, and the others in the recent weeks, would be a wet dream come true. Gun rights advocates, including me, are going to have a hard time convincing others of the case if this continues to happen.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090404/...burgh_shooting

PITTSBURGH – A gunman wearing a bulletproof vest and "lying in wait" opened fire on officers responding to a domestic disturbance call Saturday, killing three of them and turning a quiet Pittsburgh street into a battlefield, police said.

Police Chief Nate Harper said the motive for the shooting isn't clear, but friends said the gunman recently had been upset about losing his job and feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.

Richard Poplawski, 23, met officers at the doorway and shot two of them in the head immediately, Harper said. An officer who tried to help the two also was killed.

Poplawski, armed with an assault rifle and two other guns, then held police at bay for four hours as the fallen officers were left bleeding nearby, their colleagues unable to reach them, according to police and witnesses. More than 100 rounds were fired by the SWAT teams and Poplawski, Harper said.

The three slain officers were Eric Kelly, Stephen Mayhle and Paul Sciullo III. Kelly had been on the force for 14 years, Mayhle and Sciullo for two years each. Another officer was shot in the hand and a fifth broke his leg on a fence.

Poplawski had gunshot wounds in his legs but was otherwise unharmed because he was wearing a bulletproof vest, Harper said. He was charged with three counts of homicide, aggravated assault and a weapons violation.

The shooting occurred just two weeks after four police officers were fatally shot in Oakland, Calif., in the deadliest day for U.S. law enforcement since Sept. 11, 2001. The officers were the first Pittsburgh city officers to die in the line of duty in 18 years.

"This is a solemn day and it's a very sad day in the city of Pittsburgh," Harper said. "We've seen this kind of violence happen in California. We never would think this kind of violence would happen in the city of Pittsburgh."

At 7 a.m., Sciullo and Mayhle responded to a 911 call from Poplawski's mother, who remained holed up in the basement during the entire dispute and escaped unharmed, Harper said.

When they arrived at the home, Sciullo was immediately shot in the head. Mayhle, who was right behind him, was also shot in the head.

"It appears he was lying in wait for the officers," Harper said.

Kelly, who was on his way home after completing his overnight shift when he heard the call for help, rushed to the scene and was killed trying to help Sciullo and Mayhle, Harper said. SWAT teams and other officers arrived and were immediately fired on as well.

Don Sand, who lives across the street from Poplawski, said he was woken up by the sound of gunfire. Hunkering down behind a wall in his home, he saw the first two officers go down and then saw Kelly get shot.

"They couldn't get the scene secure enough to get to them. They were just lying there bleeding," Sand said. "By the time they secured the scene enough to get to them it was way too late."

Poplawski feared "the Obama gun ban that's on the way" and "didn't like our rights being infringed upon," said Edward Perkovic, his best friend.

Perkovic, 22, said he got a call at work from him in which he said, "Eddie, I am going to die today. ... Tell your family I love them and I love you."

Perkovic said: "I heard gunshots and he hung up. ... He sounded like he was in pain, like he got shot."

Poplawski had once tried to join the Marines, but was kicked out of boot camp after throwing a food tray at a drill sergeant, Perkovic said.

Another longtime friend, Aaron Vire, said Poplawski feared that President Barack Obama was going to take away his rights, though he said he "wasn't violently against Obama."

Vire, 23, said Poplawski once had an Internet talk show but that it wasn't successful. He said Poplawski owned an AK-47 rifle and several powerful handguns, including a .357 Magnum.

Obama has said he respects Americans' constitutional right to bear arms, but that he favors "common sense" gun laws. Gun rights advocates interpret that as meaning he would approve of curbs on ownership of assault and concealed weapons.

Poplawski had been laid off from his job at a glass factory earlier this year, said another friend, Joe DiMarco. DiMarco said he didn't know the name of the company, but knew his friend had been upset about it.

The last Pittsburgh police officers killed in the line of duty were Officers Thomas L. Herron and Joseph J. Grill, according to a Web site that tracks police killings. They died after their patrol car collided with another vehicle while chasing a stolen car on March 6, 1991.

In 1995, an off-duty officer was shot with his own gun after he confronted a group of teenagers about graffiti. Tests later showed the officer had been drinking.

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, 133 law enforcement officers died in the line of duty in 2008, a 27 percent decrease from year before and the lowest annual total since 1960.

Poplawski had often fought with neighbors and had even gotten into fist fights with a couple, Sand said.

"This is a relatively really quiet neighborhood except for him," Sand said. "He was just one of those kids that we knew to stay clear from."

Harper confirmed police had responded to calls from the Poplawski house several times but said the incidents were still being investigated.

Rob Gift, 45, who lives a block away, said the well-kept single-family houses with manicured lawns are home to many police officers, firefighters, paramedics and other city workers.

"It's just a very quiet neighborhood," Gift said.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

This is what? the 5th or 6th mass shooting this month?

the nursing home in North Carolina 10 killed
    California 6 people killed in a murder suicide
    Binghampton NY 13 dead
    Alabama 10 dead
    Oakland Ca 3 officers dead

I am an NRA member and I believe something needs to be done

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

Binghampton NY 13 dead
    Alabama 10 dead

That's what I was trying to get at. If I'm not mistaken, all the guns were acquired legally. These types of homocidal rages, make it impossible, for those of us that believe in the 2nd Amendment, to justify our stance about gun ownership.

I believe the MMPI needs to be given to ANYONE wanting to buy a gun. It's a good barameter on the "psycho scale" of people.

Wikipedia has a good overview of the MMPI. Here's the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneso...lity_Inventory
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

"Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

"Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

This is not about guns. This is about society falling apart.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:36 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janthraxx View Post
    Jan, I think this may be the first time you and I have ever agreed on anything.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Yep, desperate people do stupid and ugly things.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:41 PM
    Liked 2,386 Times in 1,488 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by OLO View Post
    Jan, I think this may be the first time you and I have ever agreed on anything.
    ditto
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

Overall, it's about people getting guns that shouldn't. These people are why society is falling apart.

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

You think people getting guns who shouldn't is why our society is falling apart? Economic crisis? Unemployment? Peak oil? Dead zones in the ocean twice the size of New Jersey? Because of people getting guns who shouldn't?

I think it has more to do with those in power being greedy inept morons, and the hyperexploitation of finite resources on a finite planet.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

You think people getting guns who shouldn't is why our society is falling apart? Economic crisis? Unemployment? Peak oil? Dead zones in the ocean twice the size of New Jersey? Because of people getting guns who shouldn't?

I think it has more to do with those in power being greedy inept morons, and the hyperexploitation of finite resources on a finite planet.
    No, they all contibute. But most rational people work through it. They don't murder 3 policemen as an answer to what ailes them. Especially to make a point about gun control.

What kind of rational person murders people, premeditatively, let alone policemen, to make a point that we should be allowed to keep our guns?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Wow. I'm actually pretty speechless reading this and shaking my head.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

Binghampton NY 13 dead
    Alabama 10 dead

Add another one to the list:

Police: 5 children, father found dead in Wash.
    12 mins ago

GRAHAM, Wash. – Washington state investigators say five children between 7 and 16 years old have been found dead in a Graham area home and they may have been killed by their father.

Pierce County Sheriff's investigators told The News Tribune the children apparently were victims of homicidal violence.

Spokesman Ed Troyer says the 35-year-old father was discovered dead Saturday afternoon in neighboring King County.

Deputies were called to check on the welfare of the children at a mobile home park after the father's body was discovered.

Troyer identified the dead children as four girls and a 7-year-old boy.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Here's the thing to keep in mind. Each case has to be taken on it's individual merrits, and you cannot lump them together.

As we headed into the Depression in the 1930s you saw murder-sucides as families fell on hard times. Fathers drowning their kids and taking poison with the wife, all kinds horror stories.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:55 PM
    Liked 4,805 Times in 2,453 Posts

Premium Member

I bet tonight more than three people died because of drunk driving yet you will not hear of anybody talking about banning cars or alcohol sales. I bet that more than three police officers broke the rules apprehending suspect criminals so does that mean we should remove them from the street?

Of course not. Surely this is a tragic event but to knee jerk and think that the banning of guns would limit such events is idiotic. Drugs are illegal in this country yet people are still doing them. Do you honestly think banning guns would solve violent crime?

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

Sorry, but why do people equate deliberately pointing a weapon designed to kill at someones head with drunk driving, falling down stairs, falling into swimming pools? It's an insult to those who have lost their lives that way.

These weapons have one and only one purpose and the spiral of "they have one so I have to have one" is getting way out of control. It's becoming like the wild west all over again!

I'm not talking about guys in the country who have ranches and farms or even those who are involve in legitimate gun clubs and hunting, I'm talking the average guy (or in this case, nutjob) for whom the easiest thing in the world is to go to his cupboard, load up and blow the head of someones father, brother, mother, sister, daughter.

The economic situation is the same all over the world. Here too. I cant just get a gun and take my troubles out on other people. Neither can my neighbours. Society may indeed be falling apart, but having a firearm to hand,
    which some seem to have no problem in using against total innocents doesnt help.

Get into a fist fight and someone indeed might win, get into a gunfight and everyone loses.
    Last edited by stilleddiesangel; 04.05.09 at 04:08 AM.
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]