Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Boy who was allegedly denied cancer meds dies

Salem, NH (AP) -- A 9-year-old boy whose mother is charged with reckless child endangerment for allegedly withholding her son's cancer medication has died.

A spokesman for the Essex district attorney's office says Jeremy Fraser died Monday.

A lawyer for the boy's father, Eric Fraser, tells The Salem News that Jeremy, who had leukemia and autism, died in hospice care.

Jeremy was diagnosed in 2006. Prosecutors say his mother, Kristen Anne LaBrie, canceled at least a dozen appointments for chemotherapy treatment and did not fill at least half of the prescriptions her son was given. She has pleaded not guilty.

The parents are estranged.

District attorney's spokesman Steve O'Connell says prosecutors have not ruled out new charges against the mother.

===========================

July 2, 2008

A fund has been set up for eight-year-old Jeremy Fraser, the autistic child from Saugus who is now terminally ill because his mother allegedly failed to get medical care for him, his father and a bank official said today.

Eastern Bank has agreed to handle the fund and will accept donations at any of its branches, said Joe Bartolotta, bank spokesman.

The boy's father, Eric J. Fraser, said he has been contacted by people asking if they can assist him and his family as they prepare for the child's final days. The story of the boy's plight has been covered extensively by the Globe and other Boston media.

Jeremy Fraser was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in 2006 and had a survival rate of 85 to 90 percent with treatment. But authorities allege his mother, Kristen LaBrie, failed to get him proper care, allowing the disease to return in the form of leukemia.

LaBrie, 36, has pleaded not guilty and is free on personal recognizance.

==========================

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strol...istic-son.aspx
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

this story is just horrible. I remember seeing it on the news when his symptoms came back. I believe he was in remission for a period of time. I think a case like this the mother should be given life in prison.

The father seemed like a "normal" guy, not sure why he didn't get custody of the kid from the get go. The mother also missed her court case today.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

You need a license to have a dog but not to have and raise children.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Takes the notion of "no one has a right to tell a parent how to raise their child" to the very brink doesn't it.

I have absolutely no knowledge of this case beyond what was in the first post so it brings up a few questions and thoughts.

Was this a lady who objected to chemo and modern cancer treatments and instead wanted her son to live and die with "dignity" while using "alternative" treatments?

Adults do it all the time. Does the government or the majority in the community get to dictate what medical treatment someone else's child has?

Was the woman careless and just didn't grasp the severity of the situation?

I notice the woman and her husband were split up, I wonder if not taking her kid in for treatment was somehow her way of "sticking it" to the father.

Did the woman simply not want to put her son through it and instead opted to let him die?

If this is the case...can we as the larger society step in and take the child away and force him to have chemo?

I don't know. Sucks though...people talk about God and there being lessons and everything being under his guidance and him working in mysterious ways and whatever...I call bullshit. Little kids aren't supposed to get cancer. They're supposed to play ball with dad and get their hearts broken by little girls and all that jazz...not have cancer.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Top Of The World
    Last Online

08.05.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    You need a license to have a dog but not to have and raise children.
    Get out of my country, now....please.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

07.09.17 @ 06:30 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts

Very sad.
    "It's now officially 5150 time!!!"

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_279 View Post
    why? he brings up a pretty valid point.

People are required to have a license to have dogs, drive a car, and carry a concealed weapon.

They have to be a certain age to freaking DRINK or buy a pack of cigarettes or a lotto ticket.

We expect people to take and pass tests before they get out of high school.

We expect people to take and pass intense course work before they act as an attorney, doctor, shrink, nurse, dentist etc.

Yet, anyone ANYONE, can crap out a kid...or 14.

If your defense is "well, we live in a free society and no way in hell should the government have a say in who has kids and who doesn't" then I would expect you'd have the same approach to things like cigarette taxes, gun ownership, government involvement in moral/spiritual issues such as defining marriage, and government deciding what drugs get advertised on tv and sold at a premium through a pharmacy because they're "good" and what drugs are outlawed because "they're bad."
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:09 AM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    You need a license to have a dog
    Depending on where you live, that's not necessarily correct. I could cage 30 dogs on my property without documentation. It all depends on your local ordinances.

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 2,383 Times in 1,487 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_279 View Post
    Last I checked it was our country. Although things are changing. I dont think a parenting course would hurt for alot of people you can take them for free at alot of adult education centers at night in alot of high schools,YMCAs,and religious centers. But if you have a substance problem and are too stupid to get medical treatment for your child it doesnt matter anyway then its a crime and child abuse.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.