Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

Default G20 Summit : London

Just starting this now because I have a sneaky suspicion that there could be a lot to talk about.

The "leaders" have arrived in London. Already it looks like no-one is going to agree on anything. Bankers have been advised not to wear suits today. Huge protests are planned. It is said that all CCTV will be switched off.

Let the games begin.....
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

yeah already noone agrees on what the hell to do about the global economy, the Germans are saying cut spending (the French are saying the same, but only because Germany told them too or else!) while Britain and America see the way forward is to increase spending and lending....who know's!

i wasn't aware that the C.C.T.V was being turned off!!! that sounds kinda stupid, i bet it's just so the muslims in the crowd don't get offended (that was a jab at the over P.C. british govenment! not mean't as a racist comment) or could it be a clever trick to try and catch trouble makers when their guard is down....i think it'll be the latter!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

From The Guardian

CCTV

The security operation at this week's G20 summit was thrown into chaos last night when it emerged that the entire network of central London's wireless CCTV cameras will have to be turned off because of a legal ruling.

The Department for Transport (DfT) has ruled that Westminster council's mobile road cameras - a third of the authority's CCTV network - "do not fully meet the resolution standards required" and must be switched off by midnight tomorrow.

The blackout begins on the eve of the summit, when world leaders arrive in the capital and protesters take to the streets.

The council only discovered last week that images from its newly installed £15m traffic cameras do not meet the quality required under the Traffic Management Act, which comes into force on 1 April.

In an urgently drafted letter seen by the Guardian and hand-delivered to the transport secretary, Geoff Hoon, on Friday, the council warns its entire network of wireless cameras will need to be shut down unless the minister finds a way to give special dispensation. "This would have a serious impact on our ability to manage our road network safely, as well as impeding our community protection efforts," the letter states.

It adds: "We are seeking authorisation from DfT as a matter of urgency to enable Westminster to continue using its digital CCTV network."

The 60 cameras in question use the latest digital technology and transmit images using Wi-Fi. While they are primarily for traffic enforcement, according to the council the cameras are "an essential additional tool" to tackle crime and disorder, and have been fixed to strategic locations across the capital ahead of the summit.

The 24-hour live footage from the cameras, which monitor roads around the West End, Belgravia, Trafalgar Square, Knightsbridge, Oxford Street and London's main bridges, is also accessible to police and the intelligence services.

A further 160 "permanent" CCTV cameras run by the authority are unaffected. However, security officials believe a shutdown of the mobile road cameras could hamper the G20 security operation, which will require police to secure the safe passage of dozens of motorcades carrying delegations VIP diplomats and leaders.

"Frankly, it couldn't have come at a worse time," a source said. "These are not just parking enforcement cameras, they're for public order and we've got the G20 world leaders coming. This is a complete disaster."

Under the legislation, traffic cameras must be capable of recording at 720 x 576 pixels, an analogue broadcast standard.

Westminster's wireless network of road cameras, introduced last year, is the only fully digital traffic enforcement system operating in the UK, and is regarded as one of the most advanced in the world. But its picture quality is only 704 x 576 pixels. The DfT's enforcement branch, the Vehicle Certification Agency, has ruled it does not comply with the law.

DfT lawyers were last night frantically exploring a way to exempt Westminster from the legislation. A department statement said: "To ensure local authorities have a fair and transparent way of detecting unlawful drivers, any recording device must meet minimum requirements."

The council last night confirmed that - barring an 11th-hour U-turn - it would have to switch off the network tomorrow to comply with the act.

Danny Chalkley, the council's cabinet member for environment and transport, said in a statement: "The DfT's position is ludicrous and stuck in the dark ages.

"[This] could result in millions of pounds of taxpayers' money being needed to replace the current cameras, all because of a tiny difference in image resolution on the TV screen."

Favorite VH Album

Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

So we've spend £15million on cameras that are shit and it's gonna cost more to replace them? Sounds about right!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by stilleddiesangel View Post
    So we've spend £15million on cameras that are shit and it's gonna cost more to replace them? Sounds about right!

It's all bullshit Angie. They have a habit of at least saying the cameras are off so if anything dodgy happens there is no official record. The police are expecting serious trouble and it doesn't look good if they are caught pepper spraying or beating peaceful protestors.

Look at this logically: They have to turn the cameras off because the resolution is not good enough. That is such a lame excuse it almost beggars belief. But people fall for it.

This is not the first time this has been the case. Funnily enough, on 7/7 all the important cameras were malfunctioning. Wonder why....

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Donor

They're screwed anyways if they think that's gonna work. How many people have camera phones these days?

Gonna be an interesting couple of days.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Okay, all this hoopla and these leaders are going to spend less than 9 hours (including meals) together? Yeah, how does that work out per hour for what it costs to operate Air Force One?
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

i don't even know why they bother
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Crap. I thought this thread was about Satriani and Vai touring again.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 02:48 PM
    Liked 2,218 Times in 1,118 Posts

Premium Member

All those protesters are killing me. Dressing up in black capes wielding light sabers, dressing up as the easter bunny, shouting "Abolish Money"

These people clearly have no concept of reality and probably enjoy the experience of protesting more than protesting a particular cause in and of itself.

After seeing some of these people, I say let the police beat the shit out of em, it might be good for them.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    All those protesters are killing me. Dressing up in black capes wielding light sabers, dressing up as the easter bunny, shouting "Abolish Money"

These people clearly have no concept of reality and probably enjoy the experience of protesting more than protesting a particular cause in and of itself.

After seeing some of these people, I say let the police beat the shit out of em, it might be good for them.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 04:03 PM
    Liked 2,231 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    Just starting this now because I have a sneaky suspicion that there could be a lot to talk about.

The "leaders" have arrived in London. Already it looks like no-one is going to agree on anything. Bankers have been advised not to wear suits today. Huge protests are planned. It is said that all CCTV will be switched off.

Let the games begin.....

Yup, like what's Michelle Obama going to wear to meet the Queen, who is going to design it and whether it will be sleeveless like Jackie Kennedy

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    Okay, all this hoopla and these leaders are going to spend less than 9 hours (including meals) together? Yeah, how does that work out per hour for what it costs to operate Air Force One?
    Havent they heard of video-conferencing? If you saw pictures of the new "smartphone" they gave Obama to replace his Blackberry, you'd think he couldve held this meeting while staying in the White House.
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTheEdHead View Post
    Havent they heard of video-conferencing? If you saw pictures of the new "smartphone" they gave Obama to replace his Blackberry, you'd think he couldve held this meeting while staying in the White House.

Agreed. And congress bitched about the CEO's of the Big Three jetting into town.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

Donor

The latest updates on this so far is...

Michelle Obama hugged the Queen who hugged her back..

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6018322.ece

Philip opened his mouth and stuck his foot in it again. The man is an idiot!

And there was violence due to the protests.

Out!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]