Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Feel good story about ebay

I had bought a set of Wolfie pups from a dude on the 'bay. Two weeks later and no pickups. He chalked it up to them "being stolen". I thought I was going to be out some $$$. He didn't do a tracking number, which was bad on his part. I won't ship ANYTHING from the US Post Office without a tracking number, even if it's a five dollar item!!!

I opened a dispute with Paypal, and he quickly refunded my money!!! I was gearing up for one of the worst fights in my life over this. I was even having a wiggly stomach over this, but the dude came through.

I hope that his pickups are "returned to sender". I am just glad it's over and I hope he gets his stuff back.
    Last edited by bunnyman; 03.31.09 at 05:37 PM.
    Dammit!!! I still smell like cotton candy!!!

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

I would say his stuff is home safe with him because he never sent them. Why else wouldn't he give a tracking number?

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I use The Bay alot. Not as much as I used too, but still use it.
    If you know how to cover your tracks, your chance of gettin ripped are slim.
    The only time I got taken was the first time I bought something. That was before all the measures were in place. Were talkin 2001.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kowski View Post
    I would say his stuff is home safe with him because he never sent them. Why else wouldn't he give a tracking number?
    You're probably right; however, there was a quick refund with no fuss after I opened the dispute. I don't know. I would rather think that the pickups did get lost in the mail, but I know better.

I didn't call him names or doubt his honesty in my enquiry, as that would have been certain to drag this thing out. But it's over and I can move on.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ron4406 View Post
    I use The Bay alot. Not as much as I used too, but still use it.
    If you know how to cover your tracks, your chance of gettin ripped are slim.
    The only time I got taken was the first time I bought something. That was before all the measures were in place. Were talkin 2001.
    I got ripped off many years ago. I was trying to buy something, the guy wanted another online auction payment method other than paypal, I paid with paypal anyway and the guy still claimed I never paid him. The item was in Italy. This is why I don't deal with foreign sellers.

Now that shipping has become ridiculously expensive and unreliable, I won't sell to anywhere outside the US. I rarely send stuff home (to England) because I can't rely upon the USPS to get it there in one piece.

Eruption
    Last Online

07.18.17 @ 01:14 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

USPS sucks, but their rates are usually cheaper than UPS or FedEx so I tend to use them quite often. I always use Priority or Express, add tracking, and I insure bigger items. I have a situation going on right now with them though; I sent a body and neck in separate boxes to Canada 2 weeks ago and the customer received the neck, but not the body. We're in constant contact about it and hopefully it will show up either here or there.
    As far as eBay is concerned, I don't sell anything there anymore. I do buy through eBay, but I don't sell. Ever since the great "Waterslide Incident of 2006" every time I sell something I get shut down so I just steer clear of selling there. The fees are ridiculous anyway and my new site will be up tonight so I don't really need them.
    Divebomb, Inc.
    Authorized Floyd Rose Dealer
    Authorized Seymour Duncan Dealer
    Armor Piercing Guitars, Parts, and Accessories
    LOOKING FOR PARTS FROM ALLPARTS? I HAVE THEIR ENTIRE CATALOG AT 10-15% OFF!!! sales@divebombinc.com

Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:05 AM
    Liked 2,857 Times in 1,068 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Paypal has a new policy where your funds are not released to the seller until either 21 days have passed, they confirm shipment through a tracking number, or until the buyer leaves the seller positive feedback. Whichever comes first.

So if your purchase was within 21 days, this might not be as nice a story as you thought.

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    Paypal has a new policy where your funds are not released to the seller until either 21 days have passed, they confirm shipment through a tracking number, or until the buyer leaves the seller positive feedback. Whichever comes first.

So if your purchase was within 21 days, this might not be as nice a story as you thought.

Well- I didn't get a fight out of him, so I will naively believe that he was being a good guy.