Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:20 AM
    Liked 777 Times in 312 Posts

Default Sex sell, but who's buying...

Not this Mom...

Mom outraged by naked men with scantily clad teen in Gilly Hicks ad
    DALLAS - While sex has proven to sell, is it right to use sex to sell underwear to teenage girls?

That question has one Dallas mom crusading against a popular website, and it has experts warning parents to watch out for their teens.

Jill Erickson said she had no trouble shopping at the teenage specialty store Gilly Hicks, which sells intimates and body care, until she went to its website.

The opening of the site shows an image of a teenage girl in panties and a bra standing in the center of naked men lined up against a fence.

"She's touching men's bodies," she said of the image of the teen placing her hands on two of the men's buttocks.

Gilly Hicks is owned by Abercrombie and Fitch, which didn't return News 8 phone calls. However, Erickson said they did talk to her.

"I said, 'Would you like your child sitting with you when you open this website?'" Hicks said. "She didn't want to answer that. She said this is the image we're trying to project."

And that is the problem according to Kathleen Fischer, a teen sexuality expert.

"Kids are surrounded by nothing but this kind of over-extended image," she said. "We as adults say it's a little edgy, but what happens is kids get the idea this is the norm."

Fischer said is what has parents she counsels concerned.

"I'm astounded," she said when she saw the image. "I can't believe they are allowed to do this."

Erickson has started a campaign against the website, but Fischer said parents need to do more.

"I've never seen more kids doing sexual stuff and I've never seen fewer reliable adults speaking to them about it," Fischer said.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Last Online

07.24.11 @ 03:36 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

1. doesn't look like a kids site at all or a site targetting teens. Looks like a typical young woman's clothing site.

2. the picture didn't look all that sexual...yeah she was wearing undies and the guys were naked but it didn't look all that sexual.

3. they also had a picture of a dog holding a woman's bra

in conclusion...nothing to see here folks keep moving. Point your moral indignation and outrage elsewhere...nothing to see...move along.

unless of course you like black and white photos of good looking women wearing which case, click through please!
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.