Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Top Of The World
    Last Online

08.05.17 @ 07:20 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Default Thats Why I Love You

Does anyone have live footage of this? Did they ever play it live, even though it was not on the album?

Also, a thing I noticed. The bass is pretty strong in this song!

Favorite VH Album

Alex, Dave, Ed and Mike
    Favorite VH Song

The songs with Ed on them
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 03:13 PM
    Liked 18,157 Times in 8,973 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_279 View Post
    Does anyone have live footage of this? Did they ever play it live, even though it was not on the album?

Also, a thing I noticed. The bass is pretty strong in this song!

It wasn't on the US release, but I do believe that this was on the Japanese import version of III, just like Crossing Over was on the Japanese import of Balance.
    Taylor Swift is nice to look at. Adele can sing.

Emperor Brett - "I can't believe you guys are analyzing song-by-song Van Halen III? What next, analyzing the script of Stroker Ace looking for some shred of Citizen Kane?"

David Lee Roth did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it!

Preferred pronouns: he/him/his

Hurricane Halen - Let's all gingery touch our sword tips!!!

DONATE TO THE LINKS YA CHEAP BASTARDS!!!!

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

According to the VH Trading site, the tune was never performed live during the short lived Cherone Era.

http://www.vhtrading.com/setlists.php#garyera
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

VH 1
    Favorite VH Song

ATBL
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:23 PM
    Liked 278 Times in 100 Posts

Donor

I love this song. Can't believe it was bounced from III for Josephina.
    I'd love to see it on a new album with Dave singing and good production. Probably have to change the lyrics up.
    For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge the New England Fucking Patriots, Dallas Fucking Cowboys, New York Fucking Giants, Washington Fucking Redskins, Carolina Fucking Panthers, Tampa Bay Fucking Bucs, Florida Fucking Marlins, Atlanta Fucking Braves, New York Fucking Mets, Boston Fucking Red Sox, Boston Fucking Bruins, and New Jersey Fucking Devils.

( . Y . ) Boobs!

\m/ \m/
    / / v \ \

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I've always thought of this song as being just ok. I think Gary's delivery is a little too sandpapery for me and the song is a little too middle of the roadish for me but it's a nice bridge between balance and the work on III. Perhaps it would have helped the record had it been on there and been the first single.

The arrangement to the song just seems like a compromise...it sounds familiar but at the same time is a departure and doesn't really feel definitive...if that makes sense at all.
    Stay out of it, dude.

I am Van Halen.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    I've always thought of this song as being just ok. I think Gary's delivery is a little too sandpapery for me and the song is a little too middle of the roadish for me but it's a nice bridge between balance and the work on III. Perhaps it would have helped the record had it been on there and been the first single.

The arrangement to the song just seems like a compromise...it sounds familiar but at the same time is a departure and doesn't really feel definitive...if that makes sense at all.
    Agree. It seems like a bit of a retread of Can't Stop Lovin' You, although maybe that's because the guitar sound is similar. IMO the lyrics just suck...
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVHWolf View Post
    I love this song. Can't believe it was bounced from III for Josephina. I'd love to see it on a new album with Dave singing and good production. Probably have to change the lyrics up.
    Alas, the quality of production and mix is, I believe, THE overwhelming factor in any future VH release. I know I was shocked they went from the the sonically superior Balance and "MWM" and "CGTSNM" from the Best Of album to the jaggedness and incredibly rough III. I was hoping like mad when the three BOBW songs were released they'd like up to VH production values of the past; although better than III (I thought), they were still rough. All that being said, I'm hopeful but not optimistic for future VH recordings.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis5150 View Post
    Agree. It seems like a bit of a retread of Can't Stop Lovin' You, although maybe that's because the guitar sound is similar. IMO the lyrics just suck...
    Like a good portion of III, it had some great moments but didn't quite reach its potential. If King Edward has loosened his grip a little, the song (and album) could have done better (artistically and sonically, at least).

Favorite VH Album

vh 2
    Last Online

01.21.17 @ 04:23 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 13 Posts

Default that's why I love you

In my book it's a so-so tune ... I can really hear the Freddie Mercury influence on Gary. The solo almost has a touch of Brian May as well.

With regard to the production, I had heard that Mike Post was only a figure head and that evh was the true producer of this one. Oh well

Thanks for sharing. CV

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 137 Times in 89 Posts

Can't believe i've never heard that. I like it, cool solo. Definitely would have put it on there over Josephina, or well, How many say i.

The bass was kind of strong, Ed played pretty well on that too.
    Dealing with it.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.28.17 @ 01:10 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 12 Posts

I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually like this song quite a bit. Mind you, this song is not in the same league the Classic VH 6-pack or most of the Sammy-era stuff. But I'm very surprised this song didn't make the cut for VH3. IMHO, this was one of the better songs they did with Gary and certainly should have been included. We all know there are quite a few songs from VH3, like HMSI, that could have been left off in favor of this tune.

It has a catchy, melodic rhythm to it, and I especially like the unusual outra solo by Ed.

If they had made better song selections, and improved on that horrendous production, then VH3 would have been graded at least one notch higher by most of us.

The tour was way better than the final album.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

The was by far the best song to come out of the III sessions.
    .....and it was cut.

Oh well....we all know about the grand decisions that were made in that period of the band's history.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Baluchitherium
    Last Online

10.01.15 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 179 Times in 57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abe5150 View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I actually like this song quite a bit. Mind you, this song is not in the same league the Classic VH 6-pack or most of the Sammy-era stuff. But I'm very surprised this song didn't make the cut for VH3. IMHO, this was one of the better songs they did with Gary and certainly should have been included. We all know there are quite a few songs from VH3, like HMSI, that could have been left off in favor of this tune.

It has a catchy, melodic rhythm to it, and I especially like the unusual outra solo by Ed.

If they had made better song selections, and improved on that horrendous production, then VH3 would have been graded at least one notch higher by most of us.

The tour was way better than the final album.
    This song has great heart and melody. I'm not a fan of Gary's voice. It's not bad he has range and ability but it falls short with what could/should be in VH3...still the melody and words is in a way more memorable than anything on VH3 imo. Thats not a tall order eh? Hey I like Vh3 it has some great moments and some amazing EVH guitar work/ideas. It's a shame that tune wasn't refined and put on VH3. It has great potential imo. I like the chorus but it needs a little work.
    Last edited by At0micPunk; 04.13.09 at 12:23 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]