Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chad Smith

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.14.12 @ 07:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Chad Smith

Anybody have any info on the vibe of the other Chili Peps' about Chad doing this "SuperGroup" project...I guess I'm just used to the whole "you can't be in two bands at the same time" mentality from VH. Chad's the only member not noted as an "Ex" member of his original band....Just curious!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Great point I have been thinking about too. There are some people that are quik to say this is a one CD band. I happen to totally disagree. First off Mike and Sam are " are all in ", period .This is what they live for. Second off satch has been wanting this for years. And for those of you who will miss his solo stuff, this does not mean he won't put out some stuff in between. As for chad he is the only X factor. Even if he left the band and the rest of the guys want to proceed they will fill it with another bad ass drummer. Chad does bring a important element, but it could move on. I can't see them throwing in the towel just because of one guy. The thing that makes me think chad is on the fence about going back to the Chili's is because of a comment he made in a quote I read from him. Something to the effect of that they were taking a break but something about another band member might be standing in the way of that. I will look up the quote again.......

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I read somewhere that John Fruschiante didn't even know ANYTHING about Chickenfoot but he didn't seem to mind that Chad was a part of it.

Honestly, from what I've read and heard, the Chilis might be finished but don't quote me on that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Favorite VH Album

Bark Like A Dog
    Favorite VH Song

Act Like It Hurts
    Last Online

06.26.17 @ 04:51 PM
    Liked 643 Times in 328 Posts

The 'Chilis' ARE done..............until they run out of money.
    "Never is just reven spelled backwards." -House

"Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?" -THE Rob Gordon

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

09.09.09 @ 04:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I actually talked with Anthony Keidis twice last year. Once during the summer at Santa Monica beach and the other was at a party in Hollywood. He seemed to be very supportive of Chad and does not try to dictate his passion for music. Anthony is writing book and trying to get a deal with HBO for this. Flea is furthering his musical career by attending USC's music program as well as working with Rod Stewart on getting a Faces reunion in late 2009 early 2010. As for John Fruschiante... I was told he is in his own world right now trying to express his "True Self" whatever that means.

One thing I will tell you about the Red Hot Chili Peppers is that they are a tight brotherhood that are very loyal and respectful of one another.

By the way, the working band name, "Echo Vault" that Chickenfoot was considering last year was dropped because the abbreviations were too close. EV, EVH.

Also another tidbit of info on the song "Bitten By The Wolf" Was originally called "The Lone Wolf" but now it seems that they might have scrapped that song altogether.

Wait till you guys hear "Avenida Revolution" For me, that song gave me the same vibe of "Don't Tell Me" off of balance. The only way to listen to Chickenfoot the right way is through Hi-Def speakers. it makes world of a difference. Trust me on this guys!

And last..... Van Halen, as far as I was told, Brendan O'Brien is still in talks to produce the New Van Halen album scheduled to begin recording in August 2009. But as with all Van Halen related things this is always subject to change....

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Van Halen 1991 View Post
    I actually talked with Anthony Keidis twice last year. Once during the summer at Santa Monica beach and the other was at a party in Hollywood. He seemed to be very supportive of Chad and does not try to dictate his passion for music. Anthony is writing book and trying to get a deal with HBO for this. Flea is furthering his musical career by attending USC's music program as well as working with Rod Stewart on getting a Faces reunion in late 2009 early 2010. As for John Fruschiante... I was told he is in his own world right now trying to express his "True Self" whatever that means.

One thing I will tell you about the Red Hot Chili Peppers is that they are a tight brotherhood that are very loyal and respectful of one another.

By the way, the working band name, "Echo Vault" that Chickenfoot was considering last year was dropped because the abbreviations were too close. EV, EVH.

Also another tidbit of info on the song "Bitten By The Wolf" Was originally called "The Lone Wolf" but now it seems that they might have scrapped that song altogether.

Wait till you guys hear "Avenida Revolution" For me, that song gave me the same vibe of "Don't Tell Me" off of balance. The only way to listen to Chickenfoot the right way is through Hi-Def speakers. it makes world of a difference. Trust me on this guys!

And last..... Van Halen, as far as I was told, Brendan O'Brien is still in talks to produce the New Van Halen album scheduled to begin recording in August 2009. But as with all Van Halen related things this is always subject to change....
    Curius about your take on the vibe of the rest of the album ? As a whole ? don't give away too much !

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

09.09.09 @ 04:48 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's like i had said in one of my first posts about Chickenfoot. Which by the way was way before anyone really knew anyything about the sound.

But Like I said before and I will say it again. If you loved VH's F.U.C.K album and Balance, then you are going to LOVE the shit out of this. Adny Johns was very big on making sure this albus was all about hooks and grooves.

BTW - I just got an email from ross haflin. He posted 2 pages from the Guitar World interview on Chickenfoot where they confirm that Chickenfoot is a full band commitment and not just a one-off project. Check it out when you have the time at: http://rosshalfin.com/chickenfoot/chickenfoot01.php

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Flea went and played with Jane's Addiction for a while so I dont think it's that big a deal. And from what I've read the peppers are done for the foreseeable future anyhow.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Van Halen 1991 View Post
    It's like i had said in one of my first posts about Chickenfoot. Which by the way was way before anyone really knew anyything about the sound.

But Like I said before and I will say it again. If you loved VH's F.U.C.K album and Balance, then you are going to LOVE the shit out of this. Adny Johns was very big on making sure this albus was all about hooks and grooves.

BTW - I just got an email from ross haflin. He posted 2 pages from the Guitar World interview on Chickenfoot where they confirm that Chickenfoot is a full band commitment and not just a one-off project. Check it out when you have the time at: http://rosshalfin.com/chickenfoot/chickenfoot01.php
    Thanks much !

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:59 PM
    Liked 6,840 Times in 3,580 Posts

Premium Member
    Big Al will sign up if they need another drummer. The broken circle will be complete.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:21 PM
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scottfletcher View Post
    The thing that makes me think chad is on the fence about going back to the Chili's is because of a comment he made in a quote I read from him. Something to the effect of that they were taking a break but something about another band member might be standing in the way of that. I will look up the quote again.......
    I heard that interview. I believe he was implying John Frusciante was holding the band back from getting together. And hearing John's interview a month later pretty much confirmed that. He's doesn't seem the least bit interested in getting back with the band right now. It sounds to me like it'll happen eventually, but it may be a while. Maybe a few years.

Last Online

07.21.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What many wouldnt realise is that Chad Smith is a massive rock fan and grew up on Montrose and the like, its just that he is predom. known for his funk/rock style dueto him being in the RHCP. I actually spoke to him a few years ago and he said that he is has always been a massive Montrose fan. He has played with Glen Hughes and lays down some serious shit on those albums. He is 'the rock drummer as far as I am concerned, and has been for the past 10 years.

The Chillis are on a break, indef, and would not suprise me if that is for sometime (5 years). Until then, and if that comes up, he is %100 CF.

Chad is in this, he knows how good it is, and if anyone had, has any doubt about his talent and mark he has on this band, wait until you hear the disc and see this thing live, it will burn. F#$%^&* burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "When the man comes around"
    MR CASH
    Remember, the down under brother luvs ya

Last Online

Premium Member

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:52 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Whats gonna happen with the Wabos now then if this is a "band committment?" Are they now Cabo's "house band".
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon View Post
    Whats gonna happen with the Wabos now then if this is a "band committment?" Are they now Cabo's "house band".
    This isn't about the Wabo's.