Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32
  1. #1
    Sinner's Swing! Buckeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.09.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,875
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street/Summer Nights
    Last Online

    10.30.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Likes
    301
    Liked 91 Times in 38 Posts

    Default Motorcycle Ride Through Chernobyl


  2. #2
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    it's amazing to think the contamination could prevent people from spending any significant amount of time much less settling there for as longas 900 years

  3. #3
    Future's in the past....
    Join Date
    03.03.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    13,090
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

    At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    it's amazing to think the contamination could prevent people from spending any significant amount of time much less settling there for as longas 900 years
    I saw this thing on Discovery Channel (or one of those other channels like that) which supposed that all of the people disappeared off the planet at once and what the Earth would look like at certain timeframes down the line. One of the places they showed to demonstrate their point was a city inside the "no man's land" zone near Chernobyl, and the place looked like it had been abandoned for more like 40-50 years, as Mothe Nature had completely taken over.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

  4. #4
    Baluchitherium
    Join Date
    07.23.02
    Age
    41
    Location
    Annapolis, MD
    Posts
    5,445
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    W/O U, WIL, & HFT
    Last Online

    12.15.17 @ 05:52 AM
    Likes
    98
    Liked 433 Times in 167 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Take a gander at Wil Smith's I Am Legend to see what a city might look like without any people in it.
    Rock the Red!!!

    "Give Doc the shotgun. They're less apt to get nervy if he's on the street howitzer."

    "Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

    Save a Terrapin - Fear a Turtle

  5. #5
    Hang 'Em High RRMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.09.03
    Age
    47
    Location
    EyeOhWuh
    Posts
    6,794
    Favorite VH Album

    The 1 that had that 1 song
    Favorite VH Song

    Runaround, MWM, MAM
    Last Online

    05.21.17 @ 06:42 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    I remember when this happened. The Russian's were totally oblivious to the fact that the rest of the world knew how horrible this disaster truly was...WITHIN HOURS of the accident.

    They put on all kinds of parades to show how happy and normal everything was. Truly disgusting.

    These pictures are an eye opening glimpse in to how horrible things had to have been.
    "Jesus, that fucker just crawled out of his hen house that was destroyed by the Alabama tornados. Fucking 280mph plus winds sucked the gleam off this bitch and passed it on to a bird in Rhoad Island." - Hurricane Halen 5/3/11 (about my birthday chicken from seenbad)

    "Pete is this big, loud muthafucker with a big ass heart, y'all!!!!---------" - Hurricane Halen 9/27/13

    "Princess Freckle-Tits hasn't had a good day." LLFHS 7/8/10 (on Lindsay Lohans' legal drama)


    http://www.facebook.com/RedRockinMonkeyBoy

    CHILDREN OF "THE FOOT" UNITE

  6. #6
    Atomic Punk sixstring's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.22.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    9,852
    Favorite VH Album

    1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

    the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

    07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buschman View Post
    Take a gander at Wil Smith's I Am Legend to see what a city might look like without any people in it.
    That's EXACTLY what came to my mind before I even clicked on the link.

    As for the link, truly CREEPY stuff.


    I weep for those people. Seriously. What a FUCKED UP, SCARY way to go...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


    "20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

    "something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

    "in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing! graeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.27.03
    Age
    10
    Location
    Dusseldorf, Germany.
    Posts
    3,946
    Favorite VH Album

    They're all shit
    Last Online

    11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

    Default

    I saw this a while back but really "enjoyed" seeing it again.

    I'm one of the freaks she mentions that would actually pay money to go and see this as a tourist. The whole Omega man/ I am legend/last man on the planet after a shitty virus thing has always fascinated me.

    One man alone in an empty world. The closest I usually get to that kind of space and silence is when i turn up at a party.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

    My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

  8. #8
    Good Enough avhevhmashdlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.28.04
    Age
    29
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,127
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

    03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default


    Robert Morgan: You're freaks, all of you! All of you, freaks, mutations!


    hell now, i'm with graeme. i'll pay to see it as a tourist.
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

    "Me too," Krauss replied.

    "Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

  9. #9
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    10.19.03
    Location
    Lees Summit, MO
    Posts
    3,472
    Last Online

    10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

    Default

    very cool, thanks for the link

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    I saw this thing on Discovery Channel (or one of those other channels like that) which supposed that all of the people disappeared off the planet at once and what the Earth would look like at certain timeframes down the line. One of the places they showed to demonstrate their point was a city inside the "no man's land" zone near Chernobyl, and the place looked like it had been abandoned for more like 40-50 years, as Mothe Nature had completely taken over.
    I recall that show, and the computer models used were astounding, showing how the Earth would "reclaim" itself. This image captures a cityscape before much time had passed.

    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  11. #11
    Eruption ddzavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.08.03
    Location
    Northeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,258
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

    04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Likes
    6
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I've had an oppurtunity through my occupation to view footage and speak with an attending Russian Doctor to the incident at Chernobyl. The term " No one here gets out alive" is an understatement. A lot of vodka was consumed, a lot of folks got paid well but never lived to spend it. We have a little spot here in Pa. called Centralia that currently has a population of around 8 folks in the town due to a massive underground mine fire. It has become a tourist attraction. If you can imagine driving thru a snowstorm, 5 to 7 inches of snow on the ground and hit an area of road 40 foot long that is dry and the area above it light rain and back to snow is unbelieveable. Houses and businesses abandoned not to the scale of Chernobyl but just very unsettling.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk chefcraig's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.01.02
    Location
    A Confederacy of Dunces
    Posts
    19,370
    Last Online

    03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ddzavis View Post
    I've had an oppurtunity through my occupation to view footage and speak with an attending Russian Doctor to the incident at Chernobyl. The term " No one here gets out alive" is an understatement. A lot of vodka was consumed, a lot of folks got paid well but never lived to spend it. We have a little spot here in Pa. called Centralia that currently has a population of around 8 folks in the town due to a massive underground mine fire. It has become a tourist attraction. If you can imagine driving thru a snowstorm, 5 to 7 inches of snow on the ground and hit an area of road 40 foot long that is dry and the area above it light rain and back to snow is unbelieveable. Houses and businesses abandoned not to the scale of Chernobyl but just very unsettling.
    My word! There are pages of videos at Youtube concerning Centralia. It is truly astounding that this disturbing subject has not been covered in depth.

    http://www.youtube.com/results?orig_...ig_query_src=2
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

  13. #13
    PM Goo with your concerns OLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.13.99
    Age
    49
    Location
    Enumclaw, WA
    Posts
    18,055
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Likes
    91
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

    Default

    Great video, thanks for posting that Craig. I had never even heard of this before.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

  14. #14
    Eruption ddzavis's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.08.03
    Location
    Northeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,258
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

    04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Likes
    6
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    My word! There are pages of videos at Youtube concerning Centralia. It is truly astounding that this disturbing subject has not been covered in depth.

    http://www.youtube.com/results?orig_...ig_query_src=2
    We have a few mine fires in our area Craig, Centralia being the worst. A few years back the U.S. Goverment gently ordered these folks out. The few that would not leave try to live normal lives. There has been talk of a motion picture being made regarding the history of the area, the fire and it's consequences.

  15. #15
    Eruption 5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.03
    Age
    38
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,300
    Favorite VH Album

    All 14 of 'em (best ofs too)
    Favorite VH Song

    I'll Wait / Feelin'
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 03:14 PM
    Likes
    8
    Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ddzavis View Post
    We have a few mine fires in our area Craig, Centralia being the worst. A few years back the U.S. Goverment gently ordered these folks out. The few that would not leave try to live normal lives. There has been talk of a motion picture being made regarding the history of the area, the fire and it's consequences.
    Wow, this is the first I've heard about this. I looked on the map, and it shows another Centralia a few miles away. Did they move the whole town? I think I've driven through there a few times for work, I know I've been north of Cabella's (national landmark around here) on 61. I'll keep my eyes out, that's really interesting
    "I didn't just drive a thousand goddamn miles on a motorcycle to watch some little girl prance around on stage" - Steve Morrison on if Justin Bieber performed at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

    -"I'd rather stick my junk into a freshly-slapped hornet's nest." LLFHS on banging Lindsay Lohan

    Poster formerly known as Fiftyoneftfty

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Wana go to Chernobyl?
    By steveo56 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10.01.13, 11:25 PM
  2. Thinking About Buying A Motorcycle...
    By chefcraig in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08.27.07, 09:07 AM
  3. Carver Motorcycle - This cool!!!
    By OLO in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08.24.07, 05:14 PM
  4. Chernobyl Booty!
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09.24.05, 10:19 AM
  5. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11.16.02, 07:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •