Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: guitar hangers

On Fire
    Last Online

10.23.17 @ 05:37 PM
    Liked 148 Times in 94 Posts

Default guitar hangers

I don't know if this is important enough to post (I would have liked if someone would have) so here goes....First off, I went to guitar center...(I know, a sin) and the cheapest guitar hangers they had were 25 bucks...I want to tell you about shovel hangers at menards...they look great and fit every one of my guitars perfectly...they are padded, and only cost 5 bucks out the door...I dont know if there is a downside to hanging my guitars..(please let me know if there is). Anyway, just thought I would let you guys know...here is the link. if I can do ithttp://www.suncast.com/productdispla...?id=245&pid=63 btw...It looks narrow in the pic....It works great....talk to ya later..........M edit....as soon as I'm done hanging them, I will post some pics. You guys have to see my baby anyways
    Last edited by jack5150; 03.23.09 at 06:21 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jack5150 View Post
    I don't know if this is important enough to post (I would have liked if someone would have) so here goes....First off, I went to guitar center...(I know, a sin) and the cheapest guitar hangers they had were 25 bucks...I want to tell you about shovel hangers at menards...they look great and fit every one of my guitars perfectly...they are padded, and only cost 5 bucks out the door...I dont know if there is a downside to hanging my guitars..(please let me know if there is). Anyway, just thought I would let you guys know...here is the link. if I can do ithttp://www.suncast.com/productdispla...?id=245&pid=63 btw...It looks narrow in the pic....It works great....talk to ya later..........M edit....as soon as I'm done hanging them, I will post some pics. You guys have to see my baby anyways
    I can't see any downside to hanging them. If you think about it, it's probably the least stress inducing on the neck in that alot of cases fit tightly and thus put downward force against the neck behind the rest. The only thing that I could see as a downside is if you have radical temp changes or humidity changes over short periods. You could potentially get some warpage. I don't case any of my guitars except during transport and have not had any issues. My room temp. is always between 75 and 80 degrees though. The shovel hangers are a great idea. Thinking further about this though, what is the padding made of? reason I ask is if your neck has a nitro finish, if the padding is non surgican rubber, it could attack the nitro finish. Simple fix though. I usually wrap my stands with black fabric hockey tape to avoid this from happening, but if your guitar neck is poly or acrylic it should not be an issue at all. Great suggestion! I'll look into it. I've been wanting to get some hangers.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 11:38 PM
    Liked 3,117 Times in 1,828 Posts

Premium Member

Hanging is fine if your humidity is okay. Guitars want to be at about 47%-50% relative humidity. If the area you're hanging them is 40%-60%, you'll probably fine.

If it is lower or higher (most especially with acoustic guitars) then you'll run into problems if you don't keep the room humidified.

The best place for your guitar is a hard case.