Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Live Music Capital of the World" Austin, Texas!
    Favorite VH Album

5150 Baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

07.15.12 @ 04:57 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any body have a Line6 UX2? - Just got one, can't get sound

I just got a Line6 UX2 and I installed all the Pod Farm and Line6 Monkey on my Mac and plugged the USB to my Mac, guitar cord in UX2 and get no sound or levels in the level monitors which are on because they're orange.

Help please!!!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by austxdan View Post
    I just got a Line6 UX2 and I installed all the Pod Farm and Line6 Monkey on my Mac and plugged the USB to my Mac, guitar cord in UX2 and get no sound or levels in the level monitors which are on because they're orange.

Help please!!!
    have you got your phones plugged into the UX2?
    usually you monitor through a set of headphones or speakers plugged into the unit....i dont have a UX2 but i do own some a toneport GX (yeah i'm a cheapskate) and the only way to get any sound from it is through phones, the UX2 may be different though, read the tutorial and run line6 monkey to make sure everything is compatable.
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

The problem may not have anything to do with the Line 6. Are you getting sound through the computer speakers? I'm not on a Mac right now, but I think that you may need to choose the monitors as your audio output.

Try Apple's support page. Here's a starting point:

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?pa...io%20output%22

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.30.16 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

im not as famil with macs as PCs but i do own a UX 1 .........so this maybe PC only advice,not sure, but the
    UX acts like a sound card for your machine.so when i plug mine in ,i need to open the control panel of the PC and manually change the setting from the computers own spoeakers to the line 6 output..........this works for me..........i now have tyhe settings set so it will recognize when the UX is plugged and it seems to switch over..........

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzzb View Post
    im not as famil with macs as PCs but i do own a UX 1 .........so this maybe PC only advice,not sure, but the
    UX acts like a sound card for your machine.so when i plug mine in ,i need to open the control panel of the PC and manually change the setting from the computers own spoeakers to the line 6 output..........this works for me..........i now have tyhe settings set so it will recognize when the UX is plugged and it seems to switch over..........
    Yes, on a mac it's the same thing. Go to system preferences then sound and you need to find the toneport stuff there to set it...if I recall correctly....

Favorite VH Album

5150 Baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Finally, I got it figured out. You have to use monitors or headphone so I've been using headphones. It's really cool, has anyone tried the 5160 head (which is one of the additional mods you can buy)?

I'm going to try to do some recording with Garage Band or some of the recording software it came with.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.30.16 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

no ive not tried that .but i did just pick up a pod 2.0 from e-bay...........i quite like it.my laptop doesnt seem powerful enough to run my recording program and run something like either podfarm or gearbox,nor any other power hungry program ....whilst running the other (recording) program.anyone else have this issue

Last Online

08.05.17 @ 01:41 PM
    Liked 42 Times in 17 Posts

Finally, I got it figured out. You have to use monitors or headphone so I've been using headphones. It's really cool, has anyone tried the 5160 head (which is one of the additional mods you can buy)?

I'm going to try to do some recording with Garage Band or some of the recording software it came with.
    Garage band works great with it! I record with it all the time.

Get some cheap monitors and use those are your Mac speakers. I got some small ones for $150 and they sound great. Using the headphones kind of sucks...at least for me.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

I bought the GX back in the Fall, and although I haven't really recorded since then, I obviously went on a tear and made a bunch of dorky VH-style clips. Best $50 I've spent in I don't know how long!

Let me know if you want to hear any of my short clips. I also use Garage Band, and I've got them converted to MP3s. Just make sure your SPAM settings don't block me out.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Default 150% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    I bought the GX back in the Fall, and although I haven't really recorded since then, I obviously went on a tear and made a bunch of dorky VH-style clips. Best $50 I've spent in I don't know how long!

Let me know if you want to hear any of my short clips. I also use Garage Band, and I've got them converted to MP3s. Just make sure your SPAM settings don't block me out.
    i have to agree with you there, i spent £35 on a GX about a year ago, i didnt really think it would be up to much, how wrong could i have been?!
    gear box has some fantastic amp models and pre loaded tones plus plenty of scope to create you own, i have done a ton of recording with mine (more on the GX than a real amp in recent months if i'm honest!), plus the option to play along with mp3's and even slow them down has really helped me nail some tunes i was having problems with, i may even look into loading it onto one of my laptops and seeing if i can use it live!.....everyone should own something similar!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

5150 Baby!
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Majestic,

Yes, please post some clips or send some over.

Also, let me know how to set up Garage Band recording.

Thx!!!