Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Default Pelosi - Enforcing Immigration Laws is "Un-Amercican"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...aids-american/

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently told a group of both legal and illegal immigrants and their families that enforcement of existing immigration laws, as currently practiced, is "un-American."

The speaker, condemning raids by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, referred to the immigrants she was addressing as "very, very patriotic."

"Who in this country would not want to change a policy of kicking in doors in the middle of the night and sending a parent away from their families?" Pelosi told a mostly Hispanic gathering at St. Anthony's Church in San Francisco.

Video: Click here to view the video of Pelosi speaking.

"It must be stopped....What value system is that? I think it's un-American. I think it's un-American."

Pelosi said she was invited to the church by Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., as part of his 17-city, cross-country tour called United Families, which he says is intended to put a human face on the immigration debate.

"We think that families are the cornerstone of our society and our nation, and an immigration system should preserve those families, not destroy them," Gutierrez told FOX News Capitol Hill Producer Chad Pergram on Tuesday.

The congressman is collecting petitions that ask President Obama to "stop the immigration raids and deportations that are tearing our marriages, families and children apart." He is expected to present those petitions when Hispanic members of Congress meet with the President Wednesday.

On Saturday night, Pelosi joined Gutierrez before a cheering crowd at St. Anthony's chanting, "Si se puede," or "Yes we can."

Referring to work site enforcement actions by ICE agents, Pelosi said, "We have to have a change in policy and practice and again ... I can't say enough, the raids must end. The raids must end.

"You are special people. You're here on a Saturday night to take responsibility for our country's future. That makes you very, very patriotic."

"I was embarrassed by what she said," said Rick Oltman, with Californians for Population Stabilization, an anti-illegal immigrant group. "Exhorting illegal aliens for taking responsibility for our country's future.... In fact, sitting there in the audience.... I really resented that comment."

"I think it was pandering to the crowd but also insulting to American citizens who consider themselves to be patriotic, who obey the rule of law," said Oltman, who shot a video of the rally.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Can't even spell American, dammit..............

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Everyone who keeps focusing on Obama needs to look at Pelosi.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I agree...enforcing laws is SOOOO un-American. Next time I get pulled over, I may just have to tell the cop that's he's obviously a traitor.
    And VHR hit the nail on the head above...we need to be looking at the Wicked Witch of the West just as much as Obama, if not more. How do you think all that "non-pork" pork ended up in the stimulus package?
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTheEdHead View Post
    I agree...enforcing laws is SOOOO un-American. Next time I get pulled over, I may just have to tell the cop that's he's obviously a traitor.
    And VHR hit the nail on the head above...we need to be looking at the Wicked Witch of the West just as much as Obama, if not more. How do you think all that "non-pork" pork ended up in the stimulus package?
    True enough, yet if that same police officer waited until you got home, then burst through your door at midnight, dragged you out of the house and arrested you, then perhaps you'd disagree. Yes, the laws should be enforced. Yet the manner in which they are enforced is the important thing in play here. U.S. immigration law is full of baffling loopholes and seemingly contradictory edicts. Why are Cubans given free entry to the country upon reaching American soil for political reasons, while Haitians are not?

Pelosi simply drives me nuts. Every time she opens her mouth, she reminds me of the teacher's voice in those Charlie Brown cartoons. The difference being of course, the teacher seems to make sense every once in a while.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

She's just detestable. What a completely stupid thing to say. Enforcing the law is unamerican....ok.

July 1947...aliens crashed in Roswell NM. April 1948 we get this little basket case of a person brought in to the world.

Coincidence? Maybe. Consider.

...same month, the following were also born.

Albert A. Gore, Jr.
    Hillary Rodham
    John F. Kerry
    William J. Clinton
    Howard Dean
    Dianne Feinstein

Conspiracy theorists! Unite!
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    ....Yet the manner in which they are enforced is the important thing in play here. U.S. immigration law is full of baffling loopholes and seemingly contradictory edicts. Why are Cubans given free entry to the country upon reaching American soil for political reasons, while Haitians are not?
    And even the Cuban thing seems to be not so cut and dry. I remember a bunch of Cubans landing on what was essentially a bunch of rocks off of Dade county that weren't "recognized" by the Fed Gov't as "dry land", and as such, were returned to Cuba.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    She's just detestable. What a completely stupid thing to say. Enforcing the law is unamerican....ok.

July 1947...aliens crashed in Roswell NM. April 1948 we get this little basket case of a person brought in to the world.

Albert A. Gore, Jr.
    Hillary Rodham
    John F. Kerry
    William J. Clinton
    Howard Dean
    Dianne Feinstein

BigbooTAY!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:05 PM
    Liked 2,390 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Who in California votes for this bitch? Even if you agree with her politically shes as dumb as a box of rocks.
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Don't look at me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

VH 1 & 2
    Favorite VH Song

way too many.....
    Last Online

10.06.13 @ 04:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Albert A. Gore, Jr.
    Hillary Rodham
    John F. Kerry
    William J. Clinton
    Howard Dean
    Dianne Feinstein

What he said.

"All right, Wolf, which one do you want?"
    -DLR, 05/15/08, BALTIMORE, to me and my best friend

But one night's all we're given,
    So, baby, leave me alone, or, baby, stay the night

The Van Halen I grew up on showed up at the party, drank all your alcohol and fucked your girlfriend. The Sammy era seemed more like spending a Saturday night alone with your girlfriend telling her how much you love her. - Sickman, summing it all up for me!

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    True enough, yet if that same police officer waited until you got home, then burst through your door at midnight, dragged you out of the house and arrested you, then perhaps you'd disagree. Yes, the laws should be enforced. Yet the manner in which they are enforced is the important thing in play here. U.S. immigration law is full of baffling loopholes and seemingly contradictory edicts.

Why are Cubans given free entry to the country upon reaching American soil for political reasons, while Haitians are not?
    I think that's it right there. It's the methods used. As for the question about Cubans being given free entry, I think that's more for political reasons than anything. I have no idea what sort of government Haitians practice, but we all know what our relationship with Cuba has been, and I think the US Government views that as "freedom" for the Cubans than anything else.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

Albert A. Gore, Jr.
    Hillary Rodham
    John F. Kerry
    William J. Clinton
    Howard Dean
    Dianne Feinstein

That is classic Seenbad right there!
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

the next one!
    Last Online

03.11.12 @ 12:55 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Wake View Post
    I think that's it right there. It's the methods used. As for the question about Cubans being given free entry, I think that's more for political reasons than anything. I have no idea what sort of government Haitians practice, but we all know what our relationship with Cuba has been, and I think the US Government views that as "freedom" for the Cubans than anything else.
    It dates back to the Carter administration, the Mariel Boat Lift, and all that. Fidel had a really good laugh at our expense as he emptied the prisons and mental hospitals and put them all on boats bound for Florida.
    "Look, I'll pay you for it, what the f**k?!"

"If I don't make her happy in the bedroom the wife gets bitchy for days at a time, but when I come to bed ready for action she laughs and laughs. She even laughs while I make my moves so I know I must be pleasing her as only I can do."
    The one, the only..Wengie

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:06 PM
    Liked 1,863 Times in 732 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by edwardv View Post
    Who in California votes for this bitch? Even if you agree with her politically shes as dumb as a box of rocks.
    Probably the same type of idiots that keep voting for Kennedy, Frank and Dodd in New England. It is just baffling. One thing I hope happens this upcoming election cycle is that Dodd loses his Senate seat. This man is a disgrace to CT. He even bought a house in Iowa when he was running for President. He is one of the heads of the banking committee, great job there, and is the biggest recipient of campaign contributions from AIG which has a corporate office in CT. He is the author of the Dodd Act that allowed these bonuses to be given out to the AIG execs.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.