Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Jackie Mason calls Obama a "schwartza"

http://www.tmz.com/2009/03/15/jackie...sult-at-obama/

Comedian Jackie Mason used what some say is a racial epithet in describing President Barack Obama during his act Thursday night, infuriating at least several people in the crowd.

During a performance at Feinstein's at Loews Regency in NYC, Mason referred to Obama as a "schwartza" -- some say it's equivalent to the "N" word -- others say it's just part of the Yiddish culture and a literal translation of the word "Black."

We're told one person walked out fuming, "He's more offensive to the Jews than Madoff tonight."

We spoke with Mason by phone a few minutes ago, and he was outraged at the criticism, saying, "I'm not going to defend myself. Chris Rock has told a lot more jokes about whites than I have against Blacks. What about the demeaning words Blacks say about Jews?"

Mason added, "If it's a racist society, the white people are the ones being persecuted because they have to defend themselves." Mason called people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson "professional racists."

Mason added, "I'm an old Jew. I was raised in a Jewish family where 'schwartza' was used. It's not a demeaning word and I'm not going to defend myself."

And there was this parting shot: "I'm more talented than Oprah Winfrey and look at how much she makes. I can't even make a living."

UPDATE: Rev. Al Sharpton just sent us this statement:

"At this stage in Jackie's life and career he should get our prayers more than our responses. It is sad that maybe he forgot he used the same term against Mayor David Dinkins when he was elected the first African-American Mayor of New York City and got in trouble for it. As for him attacking me, maybe he forgot that he has had me on his TV show and has taken me to dinner and commended me for forgiving a white male who tried to kill me by stabbing me while I was leading a non-violent march. I'm sure Jackie just forgot."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:18 PM
    Liked 1,391 Times in 763 Posts

This old man is just an embarrassment to himself and should retire. Trying to drag other Jews into this, sheesh. He didn't notice the world has changed since he was a kid and such words were "acceptable." There were also other very uncool things acceptable back then, like lynchings!
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Love Again
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:31 AM
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

Jackie Mason is still alive?? Well he must be 100 by now. I give him a pass on this one..Old man's lost his marbles.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Take that, Oprah!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,131 Posts

Premium Member

The second part of this title should read:

"and no one should care."
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:38 AM
    Liked 1,351 Times in 927 Posts

yeah, bad man that Jackie Mason - he should've just used the "N" word like Kanye West or NAS or most of the other rappers use and even get played over the airwaves. What was he thinking?

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 09:20 AM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    yeah, bad man that Jackie Mason - he should've just used the "N" word like Kanye West or NAS or most of the other rappers use and even get played over the airwaves. What was he thinking?
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Yeah but billy....When they say n*i*g*g*e*r*...it has more of a "brother"-like connotation...understand?

A word that, black people say, is so full of hatred.....yet it's the only word that can have one meaning when one race says it...and another when another says it.

Fucking stupid if you ask me!

Good for Mason not to defend himself like 90% of the other people who have been accused of being racist. He felt in his heart that he didn't say anything demeaning so why should he apologize?

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    This old man is just an embarrassment to himself and should retire. Trying to drag other Jews into this, sheesh. He didn't notice the world has changed since he was a kid and such words were "acceptable." There were also other very uncool things acceptable back then, like lynchings!
    Funny because it seems that the N word has become MORE socially acceptable. Hell I hear it MORE now than I ever did. Only it's being spoken by black folks.

FUCK still means the same thing it meant 50 years ago. KIKE is still an offensive term towards Jewish people. Yet I don't see Jewish people calling each other it in public. Do you?
    Last edited by MF5150; 03.16.09 at 07:28 PM.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:18 PM
    Liked 1,391 Times in 763 Posts

I think that you guys probably never meet or interact with African-American people in your daily lives. FYI, not all Black people listen to rap music and wear their pants around their ankles. Also they don't all look like Kanye or 50 Cent. Shocking, eh?

Some of them even listen to rock music. Don't believe me? We have one here on this site, and he's a mod! And they don't all use the N word. This kind of generalization leads to a dangerous path.

On the same topic, not all Jews are rich (unfortunately for my case). A recent study in LA showed 20% of elderly Jews in the LA area were living on food stamps.

And not all Asians are good at Math.
    Little Dreamer

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 11,603 Times in 4,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post
    On the same topic, not all Jews are rich (unfortunately for my case).
    Bummer for us. I also don't have a big nose and I'm not cheap.

I'm a shitty Jew.

I never knew Schwartza was considered a racial epithet. News to me. I was just raised it was the Yiddish word for someone who is black. Schwartz is black, Schwartza is someone who is black. Never gave it much more thought than that, I certainly never thought it was a racist term. I don't go around speaking Yiddish everyday though. Mel Brooks must be the biggest racist ever, you know how many of his movies he's used that term in? Ask all the blacks who like Blazing Saddles and Cleavon Little who loved Mel Brooks if he thought he was a racist. People are so sensitive over nothing sometimes. We live in such a sad politically-correct world...for everything. Then we have to hear from Al Sharpton a TRUE racist.

I thought Mason was dead anyway...I would have thought being in that abomination Caddyshack II would have done that naturally.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 11,603 Times in 4,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EvH_316_5150 View Post
    KIKE is still an offensive term towards Jewish people. Yet I don't see Jewish people calling each other it in public. Do you?
    No man, we call each other Heebs or Yids...come on now.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Bummer for us. I also don't have a big nose and I'm not cheap.

I'm a shitty Jew.

I never knew Schwartza was considered a racial epithet. News to me. I was just raised it was the Yiddish word for someone who is black. Schwartz is black, Schwartza is someone who is black. Never gave it much more thought than that, I certainly never thought it was a racist term. I don't go around speaking Yiddish everyday though. Mel Brooks must be the biggest racist ever, you know how many of his movies he's used that term in? Ask all the blacks who like Blazing Saddles and Cleavon Little who loved Mel Brooks if he thought he was a racist. People are so sensitive over nothing sometimes. We live in such a sad politically-correct world...for everything. Then we have to hear from Al Sharpton a TRUE racist.

I thought Mason was dead anyway...I would have thought being in that abomination Caddyshack II would have done that naturally.

Ain't that the truth!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II or Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Cathedral, Humans Being
    Last Online

03.02.10 @ 03:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

When I was a child, both my grandmothers (that would be Jackie Mason's generation) used "schwartza" to mean any black person. They spoke only Yiddish to each other. The cleaning lady was a "schwartza" but so was the man who mugged my grandfather.

When I got older I picked up on this word and asked my mother about it. She replied that it "wasn't really a nice way to put it" but, in Yiddish it meant a black person. Yet she couldn't tell me the more polite term.

I don't think Jackie Mason thought of "schwartza" in the n word sense. He's a Jewish comedian. He thought of it as a Yiddish term.
    Mr. Horseradish courtesy of the International Horseradish Council and Brett.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterdays View Post
    When I was a child, both my grandmothers (that would be Jackie Mason's generation) used "schwartza" to mean any black person. They spoke only Yiddish to each other. The cleaning lady was a "schwartza" but so was the man who mugged my grandfather.

When I got older I picked up on this word and asked my mother about it. She replied that it "wasn't really a nice way to put it" but, in Yiddish it meant a black person. Yet she couldn't tell me the more polite term.

I don't think Jackie Mason thought of "schwartza" in the n word sense. He's a Jewish comedian. He thought of it as a Yiddish term.
    Unfortunately, now it WILL be construed as a negative word because a small group thought it was offensive....oh....an Al Sharpton.

Yet, "honkie" and "cracker" are still as acceptable as ever to use.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

diver down
    Favorite VH Song

drop dead legs
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 2,391 Times in 1,492 Posts

Premium Member

Oui Vey !
    EVH 1979: Well, actually it's not much of a vacation, because we run everything ourselves. We design our own album cover, we have to be in the office every day to sign checks - the whole corporation revolves around us. Nothing can be done without our approval. We even have photo approval.