Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Default Any Ebay Guys? Need Some Help

Here's the short of it. I buy something on Ebay about twice a year, just something that I really want that's hard to find, or if I find a really good deal.

I bought a Black Crowes box set on 2/25. It's out of print and getting hard to find, mine was in my truck when it was stolen. I bought it from a guy on Ebay for about $24 shipped. He has a feedback of 71 with 100% positive, he has both bought and sold.

I paid by paypal right at the end of the auction. Didn't hear anything from him, didn't think much of it. After about a week of not hearing anything or getting the discs I messaged him. I messaged him on 3/4, 3/7, and 3/9 (yesterday morning). I haven't heard a peep. All I've been asking is if they have been sent.

I understand that things happen, someone in his family may have died. That's why I'm asking, how long should I give this guy?

Edit: The dates on the messages are 3/5, 3/8, and 3/10. Sent the last one early this morning. Not sure if it matters, just want to make sure I'm not jumping the gun on doing anything. But all I'm looking for is some kinda acknowledgment that I paid him or he's sent something.
    Last edited by Rebel; 03.10.09 at 04:19 PM.

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait, Tora Tora/LOC
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you bought it on 2/25, that's almost 2 weeks ago. If you wait more than a month you won't be able to complain on Ebay. I suggest you do that in a few days. Just select "resolve a problem" on your items won section.
    Last edited by Berseker; 03.10.09 at 04:35 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't wait too long. My mom bought a $300 digital camera from a guy on Ebay (he also had 100% feedback) but we never got it. My mom sent two or three messages, which he ignored, and then we found out that the guy had 'sold' the same camera to 25 different people, none of whom received it. And nobody got their money back.

I'm not saying he scammed you (especially not for $25), but I wouldn't wait to find out what happened until it's too late. I hope it works out for you.
    Van Halen will rock your face off!

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiveBomb View Post
    I'm not saying he scammed you (especially not for $25), but I wouldn't wait to find out what happened until it's too late. I hope it works out for you.
    Exactly. Sorry bout what happened to you Mom on there. Does she still use Ebay? Does she use paypal?

Favorite VH Album

Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Exactly. Sorry bout what happened to you Mom on there. Does she still use Ebay? Does she use paypal?
    She and my dad still use it all the time, with PayPal. Neither one has had any problems since then (this was almost 3 years ago). And I have my own account now, so none of us have shied away from using it. I chalk it up to the random screwball out there who wants to make a quick buck; I just hope I don't run into another one, because I think Ebay is really great.
    Van Halen will rock your face off!

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I generally give someone 10 days to reply when I buy something, after that, I start making noise with ePay and PayPal. That said, I haven't used ePay in well over a year because of a few bad deals that took way to long (IMO) to straighten out.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

that's pretty screwy...if you haven't had any response whatsoever, I would go ahead and follow the links on ebay to report an issue. Something may have happened, like you said, and he may be procrastinating...once he sees that his rating is in jeopardy, he'll probably straighten everything out.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:11 AM
    Liked 1,862 Times in 731 Posts

Donor

A similar thing happened to me about 1 year ago. I purchased an AIC shirt from a guy for about $27.00. He sent me tracking info from the USPS that basically said that a number was generated. After 2 weeks of nothing in the mail and the tracking number not being updated I filed a complaint through paypal. It took a few more weeks but I was issued a full refund.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Eruption
    Last Online

02.15.10 @ 08:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you used paypal, you can file a complaint and get all your money back. Just ask Brett about his last guitar fiasco.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berseker View Post
    If you bought it on 2/25, that's almost 2 weeks ago. If you wait more than a month you won't be able to complain on Ebay. I suggest you do that in a few days. Just select "resolve a problem" on your items won section.
    Do this and if you get no resolution do not hesitate to threaten to or actually leave negative feedback. Nobody wants their perfect score ruined. Good luck.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

Donor

In about 65 transactions I've only been bitten three times. Once was the infamous 2004 Hershey VH DVD. regarding the other two I know one CD got stolen by a Post office employee and the 2nd I worked out with the seller. I usually check out the feedback first and then followup immediately with a message to the seller after a paypal purchase with a message about when I should expect to see my item. You'll get an idea from the response but Otis is right, no one wants that negative feedback.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

it took me leaving negative feedback to resolve an issue....bastards. I ordered the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert DVD because their description clearly stated that it included the performance by Extreme. I ordered it based on that. I got it and come to find out, it didn't. The DVD was not the same as the VHS release. I emailed them three times no response. I sent the thing back. No response. I left negative feedback and what do you know!? My refund gets processed and they start bitching at ME about leaving them negative feedback and left negative feedback for me! Bastards. We ended up mutually agreeing to remove the negative points. Sonsabitches.