Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Likes
    845
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default Really Soft Toilet Paper Is Causing an Environmental Catastrophe

    Extra-soft, quilted and multi-ply toilet roll made from virgin wood causes more damage than gas-guzzlers, fast food or McMansions, say campaigners

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...t-roll-america
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

  2. #2
    Summer Nights in Cabo SNIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.21.04
    Age
    48
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,850
    Favorite VH Album

    5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

    10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Likes
    89
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Well that may be so, but the not so soft stuff they have at work is like 80 grit sandpaper.


    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk lovemachine97(Version 2)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    06.05.03
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13,995
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 05:26 PM
    Likes
    817
    Liked 3,119 Times in 1,829 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    If we could just figure out how to use the three seashells....

  4. #4
    Sinner's Swing! Jesus H Christ's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.20.07
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,886
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Outta Love Again
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 09:56 PM
    Likes
    906
    Liked 1,689 Times in 644 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voivod View Post
    Extra-soft, quilted and multi-ply toilet roll made from virgin wood causes more damage than gas-guzzlers, fast food or McMansions, say campaigners

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...t-roll-america

    Save the planet.. use pine cones.
    "The less I needed, the better I felt." ~ Charles Bukowski.

  5. #5
    On Fire
    Join Date
    06.04.07
    Age
    42
    Location
    Fresno
    Posts
    334
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

    04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Pinch high wipe deep! In order to do that you need some thick stuff. Sometimes its just the way it is uknow.

  6. #6
    Forum Frontman It's Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.06
    Age
    43
    Location
    Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    34,158
    Favorite VH Album

    like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 08:10 PM
    Likes
    1,322
    Liked 6,711 Times in 3,729 Posts

    Default

    some things are more important than the planet

  7. #7
    Sinner's Swing! Bullwinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.07
    Location
    698 Sycamore Road, San Pueblo, CA
    Posts
    2,789
    Favorite VH Album

    Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

    I Think I Love You
    Last Online

    06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Only assholes use toilet paper.







    Don't read this.

  8. #8
    On Fire
    Join Date
    06.04.07
    Age
    42
    Location
    Fresno
    Posts
    334
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

    04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Last time I checked pussys did too!

  9. #9
    Sinner's Swing! Darkstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.04.00
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,784
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Too Many!
    Last Online

    12.04.14 @ 11:23 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Default

    I don't like those soft pansy wipes anyways.....my goddamn fingers keep pokin' thru!
    Love should NOT be work, it should be as easy as breathing Dave's Dreidel

    My god, our government has less secrets than Van Halen. Emperor Brett

    I'm a Democrat and an Atheist, but I've yet to receive my ticket to Hell. Is this something I call Live Nation about or what? JakeK21

    I feel it takes far more energy to hate than love. Well outside of Obamacare, How Many Say I and Heineken beer. ziggysmalls

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    the guy that rents a room from us has the whole save the planet crap front and center in his life. He uses earth friendly dishwasher detergent (doesn't work and leaves nasty crumbs and residue over everything) earth friendly laundry detergent (clothes don't come out feeling, looking or smelling clean) earth friendly dryer towels (takes two in order to get rid of the static cling as opposed to just one of the regular bounce brand) earth friendly paper towel (might as well try to wipe stuff up with loose leaf notebook paper because that has about the same absorbency) and finally earth friendly toilet paper (so thin I can see through it and requires two to three times more of it than the regular quilted northern, charmin or my favourite, kleenex brand.)

    It's all a ruse. They need to sell us on the idea of buying one product over another so they come up with some story about how the product we love sucks and their product is awesome...its marketing like anything else except now they frame it within the context of "you don't want to ruin the planet do you? Well...DO YOU?!?!"

  11. #11
    Future's in the past....
    Join Date
    03.03.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    13,090
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

    At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    As long as mine works without using the whole roll or it feeling like 60 grit sandpaper, and it says "Septic Safe" on it, I'll keep using it.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.21.03
    Age
    52
    Location
    Mound Valley, Kansas
    Posts
    9,045
    Favorite VH Album

    5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Likes
    39
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broken9500 View Post
    the guy that rents a room from us has the whole save the planet crap front and center in his life. He uses earth friendly dishwasher detergent (doesn't work and leaves nasty crumbs and residue over everything) earth friendly laundry detergent (clothes don't come out feeling, looking or smelling clean) earth friendly dryer towels (takes two in order to get rid of the static cling as opposed to just one of the regular bounce brand) earth friendly paper towel (might as well try to wipe stuff up with loose leaf notebook paper because that has about the same absorbency) and finally earth friendly toilet paper (so thin I can see through it and requires two to three times more of it than the regular quilted northern, charmin or my favourite, kleenex brand.)

    It's all a ruse. They need to sell us on the idea of buying one product over another so they come up with some story about how the product we love sucks and their product is awesome...its marketing like anything else except now they frame it within the context of "you don't want to ruin the planet do you? Well...DO YOU?!?!"
    So he buys all his stuff as generic from Walmart? God, it's about the same results!

    Money is the object. It all kind of ties in with the Global Warming ruse. Money is the main reason all of these scientists are still claiming that man is causing Global Warming. They probably wouldn't get much funding from the Government if they didn't try to convince us that we are responsible. There are some people making serious bank due to the Global Warming scam.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    06.15.06
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,741
    Favorite VH Album

    VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

    07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    So he buys all his stuff as generic from Walmart? God, it's about the same results!

    Money is the object. It all kind of ties in with the Global Warming ruse. Money is the main reason all of these scientists are still claiming that man is causing Global Warming. They probably wouldn't get much funding from the Government if they didn't try to convince us that we are responsible. There are some people making serious bank due to the Global Warming scam.
    he buys in bulk at costco...evidently there are rungs in the earth friendly ladder. Generic crap from walmart is the worst because not only does it ruin the earth but it ruins people's lives because walmart is evil. Second rung, national brands bought elsewhere. Best rung, the rung that we should all stand on because we save the planet and people, is buying earth friendly recycled products at costco.

    You are correctomundo sir. The idea of man-made and man-preventable global warming is a huge winfall for all sorts of industries and it hinges on people buying into it with every dime in their pocket.

  14. #14
    Eruption DiveBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.16.09
    Age
    27
    Location
    Middle of the mitten
    Posts
    782
    Favorite VH Album

    Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    If I want to save the planet, I'll turn the lights off when I leave a room and turn the water off while I'm brushing my teeth. I ain't using any 'environmentally friendly' toilet paper that looks like a cross between Saran wrap and tissue paper.
    Van Halen will rock your face off!

  15. #15
    Future's in the past....
    Join Date
    03.03.08
    Age
    51
    Location
    Somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    13,090
    Favorite VH Album

    WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

    At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiveBomb View Post
    If I want to save the planet, I'll turn the lights off when I leave a room and turn the water off while I'm brushing my teeth.
    Don't forget all of those "phantom users" of power. I even have my entertainment system in the living room switched to where none of the electronics are sucking power in "Stand By" mode. Not so much to go green, but to keep more of my money out of FPL's pocket and in mine.


    I ain't using any 'environmentally friendly' toilet paper that looks like a cross between Saran wrap and tissue paper
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 'Hello, 911, I Need Beer, Birds, Toilet Paper'
    By VanHalenRules in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11.14.08, 01:45 PM
  2. My environmental rant
    By WhenPushComesToMud in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 231
    Last Post: 05.16.08, 07:40 AM
  3. Americans may be using less toilet paper, if Sheryl Crow has her way.
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 04.27.07, 06:12 PM
  4. Toilet Paper??
    By BEZEK KNOWS BEST in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10.20.02, 01:52 PM
  5. Toilet Paper??
    By BEZEK KNOWS BEST in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01.19.02, 11:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •