Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register

Thread: Line 6 Pod

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.30.16 @ 09:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Line 6 Pod

i just bought (e-bay ) a line 6 pocket pod .i also won a pod 2.0....i really only need one of these ,but im not here to hock gear.but simply to ask if anyone out there use either and their thoughts on either unit......ease of use ,sounds etc.......but hey if someone wants to buy the pocket pod .i will give you a great deal w/o having to bid up the price...........

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I have both, use the 2.0 for some over dubbing recording occasionally, i use the pocket pod to practice or play into my little mini beer can amp...

If I were to give one up, I would probably keep the pocket pod, even though its not stereo.... I use it way more since I dont really have a practice amp, just full stacks

both have excellent sounds and user interfaces, really comes down to a great practice unit or something stereo thats better for recording.

although I have even played the pocket pod into my stack when I did want to take all my effects... the guys from last years texas linker party can tell you how it sounds.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:08 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a POD 2.0 and a POD XTLive..My feelings on both are mixed. While you can get some great tones...actually getting to those tones can seem impossible.

The preset tones, to me, are basically garbage. I say that because they (the tone) were created using who knows what kind of guitar going through who knows what kind of set-up. So basically, you're going to need to make some adjustments there. Then on top of that, with the XTLive, there are so many options (as to effects, mics, mic placement, speakers, cabs, reverb, then bass and treble levels on all your effects-not including the master controls) it gets extremely daunting to the point I'd rather just use my Fender combo with a overdrive in front. Not only does it sound better, but it's so much easier...You're not always thinking is my treble ok on my delay setting..by the way, which delay should I be using anyways?!?!?!? It's a viscous cycle with the PODs. :

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i hear ya on the endless possiblities on various things.manufacturers are always making things bigger and better,then it always takes longer and more effort to get into things.i however,kinda need to get soemthing other than an amp.i have a little fender and a marshall/hiowatt set up .but find most of the time its 11pm to 1 a.m that i can find time to record(i work 2 jobs to make ends meet).so it late and i have wife/kid to consider.so a pod it will be .thx for the feedback...knowing in advance that a pocket pod is mono makes a huge diff to my excitement level for sure.......

Favorite VH Album

VH, VH2, FW, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Big River, Little Guitars
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 07:01 AM
    Liked 120 Times in 49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzzb View Post
    i hear ya on the endless possiblities on various things.manufacturers are always making things bigger and better,then it always takes longer and more effort to get into things.i however,kinda need to get soemthing other than an amp.i have a little fender and a marshall/hiowatt set up .but find most of the time its 11pm to 1 a.m that i can find time to record(i work 2 jobs to make ends meet).so it late and i have wife/kid to consider.so a pod it will be .thx for the feedback...knowing in advance that a pocket pod is mono makes a huge diff to my excitement level for sure.......
    I use one for late night practice. The Pocket POD has a mono amp out, but it also has a stereo out for headphones/direct recording.
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002.
    "There ain't nothin' quite as sad as watching your heroes die."

RIP, Hoss!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

oh cool thx for the heads up on he stereo aspect.........there are peeps saying elsewhere that the 2.0 cant be used for usb recording and whatnot ,but there are stereo outs so i will just go straight into a mixer that then goes to my m-box then out to computer .problem solved.now however ive 2 of the pods ,a pocket and a 2.0 .........oh well craigslist here i come..........i will keep both fro a while to see which 1 is most useful to me.i have a feeling the 2.0 will be the one to keep......thx

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

The Pods can be good, but like it was mentioned, they do take a shitload of tweaking to figure out. There are just way too many options and parameters and it is really really easy to get them sounding shitty, which can be rather discouraging. It took me a long time to get my xt sounding good. For direct recording into your PC they can't be beat, but again, you need to be willing to invest a lot time to get set up properly...or maybe it's just me. I tend to love my phase 90 cuz it's got one knob and my wah cuz you just step on it and there you have it...I'm just not too good at tweaking...throw in a multihead delay model and my eyes glaze over.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i hear ya.i have a bunch of old analog stuff that back in the day i had the time and patience to program,but now i want to plug and play as they say..............for the first bit i may be happy with some pre sets but i know it wont take me long to want something diff'nt'........i do need some thing though.so this seems like the best and cheapest option right now..........it took me a long time tofigure out ableton live 7 and then adding MIDI keys and a M-audio finger tapping drumthing-a-migere...........holy moly........i now feel like " how hard can something like a pod be.....i dont say that with arrogsnce more with a resigned knowledge that the "brighter and shinier "things get the more frustrating they are..........but thx for the feedback .i will get this in the next couple weeks.then i will take some time with each and sell the one i dont use................thx guys.............