Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 02:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Default Ed's Cabo Wabo 12 string Tele

This is gonna be a shot in the dark, but do any of you remember an old issue of Guitar World featuring Ed on the cover holding his 5150, wearing a Hawaiian shirt? It was around '87 or '88. Anyway it featured some of the guitars he used on the OU812 album, and one of the coolest ones was this Schecter Tele copy with a 12 string Fender Villager neck he used for Cabo.

Anyway it had a dark stain on it, and as I like 12 electric, I've had the jones to build that guitar. I've got an old Villager neck which needs a refret, but my question....and here's where the shot in the dark is......Do any of you who may still have this issue have any clue what wood the grain may indicate it is? The pic is kinda small from my recolection, but I know some of you guys can tell very easily. My guess is ash but I'm not sure that Schecter used ash on repop bodies during that time. Who Knows....Knowing Ed it may not be a Schecter at all. The main point is sound, but I also dig the uniqueness of the guitar altogether.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.17.10 @ 09:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Check out vintage I think there is a pic there too.

Here is the link look at the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by scs5150; 03.05.09 at 01:23 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, DDL, Dirty Movies
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 06:45 AM
    Liked 1,006 Times in 503 Posts

Premium Member

Just happen to have this issue out recently, so here are a couple of picture's. There not the greatest quality because I took them with my camera and the photo is only small in the mag.

I hope this helps you....

If you have nothing nice to say about Eddie Van Halen, you're at the right website. - Me (A few years ago)

"People take Van Halen much more seriously than we do" - David Lee Roth (1980's)

"I don't sit on the end of your bed while you're trying to make a living" - David Lee Roth (1988)

"For some reason people love to complain about everything. The internet has made it easy for people to do that. Shut the fuck up and get a life, or show me how good you can do it."- Edward Van Halen

"A lot of people ask me which Van Halen singer was better. You can't compare them. It's like asking which guitarist is better. Nobody is better than anybody. Every player is their own person."-Edward Van Halen

"I do like Eddie Van Halen as a player. He gets it right quite often." -Paul McCartney