Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

08.06.14 @ 09:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default more EBMM NAZI-ISM

never fails to surprise me

what the heck is wrong with this guy man?

http://www.ernieball.com/forums/musi...w-earth-2.html

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:16 PM
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

He runs a forum that he owns, and doesn't want other manufacturer's brands criticized on his forums. I think that speaks to his integrity.

What's the problem?

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the guy wasnt criticizing anyones manufacturing he was saying that others get it right as well.

simple.

They make killer guitars and im the proud owner of one. but the forum is way too touchy.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I worked for Ernie Ball for about 2 years. I know exaclty how they do it because I did it! Freting that is. I wont share their secrets because if I did and someone was to find out who i was then I would want any legal action taken against me. I know that sounds silly but that dude SB is a very wealthy man and Im sure he can do whatever he wants. Getting to know other people at the factory I was told that he was not conservative with his money and I could also see it in his car collection. Bitchin! I will say that his son BB was a young kid at the time and a very cool dude. I played softball with him. Overall I enjoyed my stay there.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thats totally cool. I just have seen too many times things get too too touchy.

I mean I have been to so so many other forums and you can mention so many things and others. And they are totally respectable companies. Take Seymour duncan. They dont give a shite if you sell dimarzios on their site. who cares. and that is what makes the site so so cool.
    And the same with John Surhs site. You can practically say anything and John and the crew wont censor a thing. no need.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tone? View Post
    thats totally cool. I just have seen too many times things get too too touchy.

I mean I have been to so so many other forums and you can mention so many things and others. And they are totally respectable companies. Take Seymour duncan. They dont give a shite if you sell dimarzios on their site. who cares. and that is what makes the site so so cool.
    And the same with John Surhs site. You can practically say anything and John and the crew wont censor a thing. no need.
    Hey tone, I am with you on this one, I have noticed the same thing. We do all understand that Anybody can do what they want with there own thing. But you live by the sword you die by the sword, It wreaks of dictatorship. Now ask yourself this, can you imagine living in a country where it is like that ! The slightest thing you say that is not " in line " You are silenced. ! Thank god he just inherited a guitar company and not a country ! I have some new customers that have pointed out the same trend. One customer even told me about how Sterling smarted off to him, so he sold all his ernie ball stuff. Funny shit I tell ya, Funny shit !

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

and what makes it even weirder is that their customer service is awesome. and i mean awesome.

sometimes i wish i never 'stumbled' on that forum.

kinda like when MTV first came out and we actually got to 'see' who was behind the music we liked. which wasnt a great thing always. lol

i have also been turned off to my instrument from that as well and thought about selling it for that reason alone. and without him saying anything directly to me. I just dont dig the way things are done there.

they treat you like a 2 year old. silly

Last Online

06.07.13 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tone - I don't understand what you are saying or what is wrong? I can see you are bashing the EB forums - but I can't see why?
    Ed: Actually, the last record I bought was by a band called Brand X
    Al: I make my living by viciously attacking something
    Mike: ...actually I don't drink.
    Sammy: Are these yours Eddie?
    Dave: Look at that ankle - dirty girl!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

It's a simple fix, really. If you don't like the way they run their forum, don't go there. It's Sterling's site and he can run it how he pleases. I see where you are coming from, but you shouldn't get that upset by it. Bottom line...they make killer guitars!

Last Online

06.07.13 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I gotta say - I think it's very cool that Sterling, Steve Lukather and various guys from Ernie Ball and major distributors etc drop by there.

Sterling don't mean anything. I have had great conversations with him in the past when........the prob with forums is that soemtimes it's easy to read too much into the meaning dependent on how it's been perceived. How many posts do we see here that are misconstrued!
    Ed: Actually, the last record I bought was by a band called Brand X
    Al: I make my living by viciously attacking something
    Mike: ...actually I don't drink.
    Sammy: Are these yours Eddie?
    Dave: Look at that ankle - dirty girl!

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

I would imagine that Sterling has to be a little more careful about things like slander on that board. It's the official company website, not an independent fan site like this one.
    If someone posts "Fender sucks" on SB's board and Sterling doesn't take it down, it could be viewed as the Ernie Ball company officially slandering another company.
    Maybe. I dunno, but if I was running that site I wouldn't take too many chances.

Don't read this.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:26 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 1 Post

Len, In what capacity did you work for Ernie Ball/Music Man? I have visited there back in 2000. Great company, met some great people there.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tone - I don't understand what you are saying or what is wrong? I can see you are bashing the EB forums - but I can't see why?

Dude, I am not bashing anyones forum.
    I am just criticizing it for being very 'tight' for lack of better use of words.

No forum is held accountable for what people say on it man. Relax.

Like i said if you read above there are forums such as Seymour duncans and Suhr that have almost complete freedom on what you post. Like i said on the SD forum you can talk, sell Dimarzios and just about any other brand name as well. They dont care and it does nothing to SD sales.

I just think that the EBMM forum is a dictatorship and needs to relax. I havent had any personal bouts with Sterling but i dont like it when on numerous accounts people and newcomers are bashed for not agreeing with the status quo or post something about another company.
    I have seen on many accounts new members be totally bashed by everyone including sterling for posting something about another company. And when they went to defend themselves they were bashed even more.

cheers,

i could probably find numerous thread which depict this and there are numerous more that have been deleted.

Last Online

12.08.17 @ 10:10 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 11 Posts

I feel it is very easy to upset the balance of the Force over there...
    She's a ho, fo' sho'.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

yeah man i just stumbled across this thread and some dude who was being nice got totally bashed by lots of forum members and sterling. I just dont think it is nice, especially to newcomers to say the least. the guy even said sorry and still got it. that bugs me.

cheers