Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New VH CD

Last Online

09.14.17 @ 06:01 PM
    Liked 41 Times in 21 Posts

Default New VH CD

I want to start a positive thread. Assuming all is well with the current VH lineup what would you want to see on the new CD?

1. I would like to hear Ed do a new solo/intro to a song -maybe a spin off of California surf music? I can't believe he hasn't done something with that yet!

2. I would like to hear Dave sing a song in a register suited to his now lower voice- like Josh Turner's recent country hit "Would you go with me?". He hits some massive bass notes that really set the song apart. Dave would kick on this!

3. I would like to see a Alex driven technical drum beat with Dave's voice with some effects on it- a totally modern concept just Dave and Al maybe some keyboard? Maybe like Kanye West's "Stronger".

4. Something that features the bass for once - I would hope Ed has the sense to ask Mike back for this one - the bass was an essential part of the early VH and needs to be brought back to the front of the sound. Remember the bass was the first sound any one heard out of VH on "Running with the Devil" ( if you exclude the train... was that ED or just a recorded sound...)

5. A folksy blue grass song like Zep's " Over the hills and far away" Dave could bring the audience to their feet on a song like that!

Listen to the links if you can - What do you want on the new CD?

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:28 PM
    Liked 547 Times in 381 Posts

I want half of Chickenfoot on a new Van Halen album.

Ill let you guess what half
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

The Chickenfoot album will be just fine.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

FUCK or 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mine All Mine, 5150
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 12:05 PM
    Liked 1,878 Times in 1,097 Posts

"positive thread"............lol, stop it.....c'mon now, this is VHlinks for God's sake..lol.

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

I want them to just to record the unreleased songs. I want old VH. Nothing new. I haven't matured in 25 years, and it appears they haven't either. I don't want long songs. 2.5 to 4 minutes maximum. I want to be hit in the face right at the beginning, climaxing at one point, and then move on to the next song. I don't want a ballad. I don't want Ed fooling around with a violen or anything like that. I don't want the songs recorded over and over again with 100 different parts. I want them to relax, play it in the studio, record it and move on, like they did with Ted Templeman. No more self discovery (How Many Say I?).

I want old VH, because this is when they were at their best. Give me old vh, or give me head.
    Right here I say....

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:24 PM
    Liked 1,595 Times in 981 Posts

Donor

It's always fun to fantasize about stuff that doesn't exist.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 10:00 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post

Satriani and Smith would never get along with Ed and Al!
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:20 PM
    Liked 411 Times in 246 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN FAN2 View Post
    I want to start a positive thread. Assuming all is well with the current VH lineup what would you want to see on the new CD?

1. I would like to hear Ed do a new solo/intro to a song -maybe a spin off of California surf music? I can't believe he hasn't done something with that yet!

2. I would like to hear Dave sing a song in a register suited to his now lower voice- like Josh Turner's recent country hit "Would you go with me?". He hits some massive bass notes that really set the song apart. Dave would kick on this!

3. I would like to see a Alex driven technical drum beat with Dave's voice with some effects on it- a totally modern concept just Dave and Al maybe some keyboard? Maybe like Kanye West's "Stronger".

4. Something that features the bass for once - I would hope Ed has the sense to ask Mike back for this one - the bass was an essential part of the early VH and needs to be brought back to the front of the sound. Remember the bass was the first sound any one heard out of VH on "Running with the Devil" ( if you exclude the train... was that ED or just a recorded sound...)

5. A folksy blue grass song like Zep's " Over the hills and far away" Dave could bring the audience to their feet on a song like that!

Alright I dig the direction and purpose of the your post, bro.

And if you want to get on people's GOOD sides here....try not to mention Kanye West in the same sentence/post as VAN HALEN. I don't care what your intention was.....I don't care.....ah............I don't care........that's something you don't do.

And folksy bluegrass? Strummin' with the Devil....Check it out.......It was GREAT...........................

Like I said, great idea for a new/positive thread man

But then you mentioned: Josh Turner (WHO???), Kanye West (NOOOOOO!!!! ), and folksy bluegrass (fuckin' shoot me now!!!! )

VH doesn't need to cater to the market that is currently out there now who loved Kanye or country music or bluegrass...they need a new fucking album and they need to make it rock hard!!! Easy. Make it happen boys
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    It's always fun to fantasize about stuff that doesn't exist.

Too bad this guy isn't around anymore...
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Last Online

09.14.17 @ 06:01 PM
    Liked 41 Times in 21 Posts

One thing that is commonly misunderstood, I believe, is that Van Halen was never just a metal rock band. They always had outside influences that they brought to their music in interesting and innovative ways. The dream list is just a way of starting a direction. Ed and Al will always bring it to the table and make it sound like Van Halen. The variety of influences and styles that they were able to bring to their music is exactly what made VH so interesting to me and countless others. Other bands bang their heads, VH brought the whole package - musical virtuosity, humor, fun, stage presence, and knowledge of many different styles of music. That's what I would like to see again!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post

Naaaaa! Smith would never do it.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Favorite VH Album

Today...VHI
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

05.11.15 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

One thing that is commonly misunderstood, I believe, is that Van Halen was never just a metal rock band. They always had outside influences that they brought to their music in interesting and innovative ways. The dream list is just a way of starting a direction. Ed and Al will always bring it to the table and make it sound like Van Halen. The variety of influences and styles that they were able to bring to their music is exactly what made VH so interesting to me and countless others. Other bands bang their heads, VH brought the whole package - musical virtuosity, humor, fun, stage presence, and knowledge of many different styles of music. That's what I would like to see again!
    Except for VH III....

But I pretty much agree with you on the rest.
    Van Halen will rock your face off!

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

Even though it's an old topic, it's a solid post with some thought behind it.

The only part you lose me is with point #4. Ed asking Mike back is too fantasy land even for this place. I don't even think James in New York would go that far.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Last Online

12.07.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Liked 160 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DiveBomb View Post
    Except for VH III....

But I pretty much agree with you on the rest.
    For the most part, I think VH changed dramatically from Dave to Sam. You could see some of the change in Girl Gone Bad, I'll Wait, Drop Dead legs. But other than that, it was a pretty big change.

Maybe the electric drums on 5150 helped with the change. Sammy's voice and style were just too different than Dave's.

I just think that after Dave left, there were a minority of songs with that old VH feel (maybe Top of the World, Good Enough, Run Around, a few others). Other than that they were just way too different. Which is why I just want my Old VH back, just for 1 more album.
    Right here I say....

Last Online

12.10.17 @ 04:24 PM
    Liked 1,595 Times in 981 Posts

Donor

One thing that is commonly misunderstood, I believe, is that Van Halen was never just a metal rock band.
    What's misunderstood here is that Van Halen was never a metal rock band period.