Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Default New Combo: Any Suggestions???

Hey y'all...

I'm thinking of buying a new little combo amp 15W or less.

I want versatility to play clean/blues/vh/priest & maiden/etc...

There ya go...

Any suggestions?
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

for small stuff with versatility, I gotta think something from Line6

but I am in Texas, I aint got nuttin small
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

Top Of The World 5150 Frankenstrat's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

5150 and Fair Warning
    Last Online

02.20.13 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The Peavey Vypyr is a perfect little amp to work with. It's a modeling amp with 6505 (5150), Super Lead, JSX, Valve King, and even a Mesa setting.

I highly recommend that.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

06.20.12 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Roland Micro Cube.
    It is not an understatement to say that if a person ate a bowl of alphabet soup, they would shit better lyrics. -lmr5150 on Up For Breakfast

Give him the "secret devil sign", stick out your tongue and hiss like a demon while bellowing out THE DARKNESS WILL ENVELOPE THY SOUL AND FEAST OF THY FLESH, INFIDEL!!!!! Then gouge a pentagram in your forehead with a nail file. -LowLifeFlatHeadScum

A recent study shows 92% of the teenage population likes rap music. If you are part of the 8% who listen to real music, put this as your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    DipscheisßeBuchseAffenkönnennichtFotzeBleistiftdic kBettnässenzurückgebliebeMutterficker.

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

12.22.09 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Last month I bought the new 5 watt Blackstar HT-5 and it's the best amp I've ever had. I liked it so much, I sold my Mesa Boogie equipment. I'm a home player and home recording guy, so I don't need a lot of power. This is an all tube amp that GC is selling for <$500 depending on what version you get (mini stack or combo). Do some searching for this amp and you'll quickly find there's a lot of hype around this amp and this new company (started by former Marshall employees). Good luck!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Skid View Post
    Last month I bought the new 5 watt Blackstar HT-5 and it's the best amp I've ever had. I liked it so much, I sold my Mesa Boogie equipment. I'm a home player and home recording guy, so I don't need a lot of power. This is an all tube amp that GC is selling for <$500 depending on what version you get (mini stack or combo). Do some searching for this amp and you'll quickly find there's a lot of hype around this amp and this new company (started by former Marshall employees). Good luck!
    i'll second that opinion, although i don't own one, i played one in the store the other day and was blown away, the thing is absolutley awesome and will be my next purchase without fail, great tube tone and even better price, i seriously don't think you could spend money on anything better....BUY ONE
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

The Blackstar sounds interesting but a bit spendy for me...

I wanna keep it under $200 if I can...

The Peavey Vypyr has had some good reviews and it's definitely in the running...(Every guitar and amp I have ever owned have been Peavey)

Anyone have any experiences with the Marshall MG series???
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

Most
    Favorite VH Song

Jamie's Crying
    Last Online

11.06.14 @ 04:06 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default boobtone

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge View Post
    Hey y'all...

I'm thinking of buying a new little combo amp 15W or less.

I want versatility to play clean/blues/vh/priest & maiden/etc...

There ya go...

Any suggestions?
    boobtone.com

The street prices are different than suggested retail. You can play clean or dirty, as long as you like a Marshall-type sound.
    Dammit!!! I still smell like cotton candy!!!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

03.06.09 @ 06:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I gotta agree with 5150 Frankenstrat. I just picked up The Peavey Vypyr 30 yesterday and the amp models are amazing. I've owned a Peavey 5150 before and the 6505 model in this combo is almost identical. Would I use this amp for live shows? Probably not, but it's by far the best practice amp I've heard so far. I would use it for small club jams but not on a big stage.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

the MGs are ok. I've had a great deal of experience with them. I find that, compared to amps with the same wattage and speaker configuration, they are not as loud. The clean channels are very clean and shimmery, the distortion is ok. I find that a great deal of the price is the Marshall tag.

At the 15-20 watt range Fender has a nice new amp and the Roland Cube is fantastic, and I'm a HUGE fan of the Vox Pathfinder 15. If you want effects, go with the Cube or the Fender...but if all you want is great volume, clean and overdrive tones then go with the Vox.

here are some links...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-C...31-i1169243.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Path...48-i1145733.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-G...47-i1174720.gc

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skid View Post
    it's 5 watts and $500????

I can get a Carvin 100 watt STX or whatever it's called for $350 right now

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Last Online

10.26.16 @ 03:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dude, if you go the route of the modeling/solid state amp, get the Peavey Vyper. The Marshall MG whatever solid state amps are not really Marshalls... I mean, you just can't get that Marshall sound without tubes. They are decent amps, but don't expect to hear a superlead any time soon out of one.

I own 3 5150's at the moment, and I must admit that the little $100 Vyper actually has a pretty convincing model of the 6505 series. It has no where near the magnificence and power of the real thing, but the similarity of the modeled tone was pretty darn good. Gives you the feel kinda.

And of course, line6 is the ultimate evil in the universe ....

But being a tone freak myself, I'd say get a little 5 watter tube amp if you are willing to spend the little extra $$$.

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Wake View Post
    it's 5 watts and $500????

I can get a Carvin 100 watt STX or whatever it's called for $350 right now
    If you mean the STX, you're talking apples and oranges here. The STX is a digital modeling amp, not a tube amp. There's a HUGE volume difference between tube-amp wattage and solid-state wattage. A 100 watt SS amp is not 20 times louder than a 5 watt tube amp. The whole point of low wattage tube amps is to be able to drive the power tubes at lower volumes, not necessarily low volumes.
    Last edited by Otis5150; 03.02.09 at 11:46 AM.
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mrjstudios View Post
    Dude, if you go the route of the modeling/solid state amp, get the Peavey Vyper. The Marshall MG whatever solid state amps are not really Marshalls... I mean, you just can't get that Marshall sound without tubes. They are decent amps, but don't expect to hear a superlead any time soon out of one.

I own 3 5150's at the moment, and I must admit that the little $100 Vyper actually has a pretty convincing model of the 6505 series. It has no where near the magnificence and power of the real thing, but the similarity of the modeled tone was pretty darn good. Gives you the feel kinda.

And of course, line6 is the ultimate evil in the universe ....

But being a tone freak myself, I'd say get a little 5 watter tube amp if you are willing to spend the little extra $$$.
    haven't played that one yet but if it's as good as Peavey's other offerings, I'm guessing it's pretty damn good. I've become a big fan of their amps over the years. I have a classic 30 that is just awesome and I'm about to buy a Peavey Windsor...hopefully this weekend as a matter of fact.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 08:13 AM
    Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts

I own a Bogner Ecstasy, a 1971 100 watt Marshall, a 1978 50 watt Marshall, and a 1992 Dual Recto. . .and without a doubt, my next amp is the Egnater Rebel 30. It's a little combo, two channels, digital reverb, and a street price of about $800! Freakin AWESOME.
    www.facebook.com/revery
    If you like cool, rock music, check out REVERY. We've put out two albums, and an EP. We were signed back in '06 and toured the US (our single Popstar Wedding was all over the radio back then). Our latest album, Adora De Phonic is available on Itunes, Amazon, etc.