Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default New Car?

Hey guys, I love all of you.....(stop sucking up theresa, they dont need it!-my mind right now)

but seriously, i wanna get a new car, preferably under $20,000. I've looked at Ford (my mom swears by them ) and Chevy, but i have given the finger to Dodge (too expensive for my budget). Currently, i am driving a 1993 Dodge Spirit, and i love my car.

In other words, i want to hear your guys opinions, so i wont be single minded in this adventure, since my mom only goes on about Ford the and Ford that.

anyway, i need help in this. so if you guys will kindly help, i will love you even more! if you need anymore details, just ask....

thanks in advance....
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Eruption
    Last Online

07.04.12 @ 08:16 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Do they have a Car Sence where your at? (You should. Your just over the river.)
    Great used cars for the coin. They work with ya too.
    Tons of cars to choose from. Not your run-of-the-mill used car lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Talent is God Given, But Success is Hard Work"

www.ronscustomguitars.com

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Yeah, some more details would be helpful. Sporty? Roomy (big trunk, rear seat space)? Stick or Auto? What options?
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

I drive an 8 year old Jeep Wrangler....it's best feature...the clear copy of the title in my safety deposit box......hell YEAH!

not that I would want to discourage your contribution to the economic stimulus but there is a lot to be said about driving something you love that's PAID FOR

that said, my next car is going to be a VW thing or vanagon...completely impractical, but something I always wanted

but seriously, if you buy now you will definately get more for your money, you may even be (barely) able to get into a hybrid now.

I know someone who got a ford focus last fall and if I have to hear one more time about how much she loves her car (she even gave it a name) I'm going to puke

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

10.27.17 @ 06:31 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts

what kind of car are you looking for? A sedan, suv, compact, subcompact, truck, etc.?

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me a Doctor
    Last Online

03.10.14 @ 08:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Hill View Post

I drive an 8 year old Jeep Wrangler....it's best feature...the clear copy of the title in my safety deposit box......hell YEAH!

I know someone who got a ford focus last fall and if I have to hear one more time about how much she loves her car (she even gave it a name) I'm going to puke
    i always wanted a jeep....but... i dont know....

thats my mom, minus naming the car.

a sedan. its what i got now, and it is nice and roomy. not a fan of sporty, unless it was a classic sports car.....
    Automatic, a cd player, enough room to fit a cooler in the back seat.....

these are what i have looked at now, since at this point, my mom is completely useless only speaking about Fords:

Ford Focus
    Chevy Aveo
    Chevy Cobalt
    Kia Spectra
    Hyundai Accent
    Toyota Carolla
    Saturn Astra
    [On the House Un-American Activities Committee] "They'll nail anyone who ever scratched his ass during the National Anthem."- Humphrey Bogart
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done".- George Carlin
    "I just think people should be very free with sex. They should draw the line at goats." - Elton John
    "I'm just trying to figure out why you donít have any clothes on," the deputy said.

"Me too," Krauss replied.

"Donít forget! One sperm can ruin your whole day!"

Future's in the past....
    Favorite VH Album

WACF, FW, DD
    Favorite VH Song

At the moment, Little Guitars
    Last Online

11.03.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

To be honest, given the state of the domestic manufacturers, I'd probably look more closely at Toyota. My bet is that since they have a $2000 rebate going on right now, you can probably get the 2.4 litre Carolla w/ auto and a few other toys for under $20k.
    11/05/78 Hollywood Sportatorium
    12/10/82 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/20/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    01/21/84 Hollywood Sportatorium
    02/16/08 Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've got dreams in hidden places and extra smiles for when I'm blue.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenRules View Post
    To be honest, given the state of the domestic manufacturers, I'd probably look more closely at Toyota. My bet is that since they have a $2000 rebate going on right now, you can probably get the 2.4 litre Carolla w/ auto and a few other toys for under $20k.
    Not a bad idea.

A tech at work has a Yaris, she says she's getting close to 40mpg. If gas was tough on you at 4/gallon, you wanna look at fuel economy, because it will be back to 4 dollars in the next 2 years, guaranteed.

The Corolla is a nice car for sure, you may have to shop a bit to get it under 20K for the features you want, I'm not sure as I haven't shopped for one, but it may be tough.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by avhevhmashdlr View Post
    i always wanted a jeep....but... i dont know....
    Having a Jeep for a primary vehicle can be tough, depending on where you live. Here in Phoenix it can be pretty nice. Buddy of mine back in MS had one, and we froze our asses off during the winter, so you gotta think about that. They don't hold heat very well.

It's really fun during the summer though, especially at night, going out to the lake and stuff was a blast during the summer. Winter sucked though.

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Having a Jeep for a primary vehicle can be tough, depending on where you live. Here in Phoenix it can be pretty nice. Buddy of mine back in MS had one, and we froze our asses off during the winter, so you gotta think about that. They don't hold heat very well.

It's really fun during the summer though, especially at night, going out to the lake and stuff was a blast during the summer. Winter sucked though.
    if it's got a hard top, winter is no problem. i've driven in the snow with the soft top on but it's not the cold that bothered me (TJ heaters work great), it was the not being able to scrape the soft windows that i didn't like. i've had my Wrangler almost ten years and it's been my daily driver most of that time. i grew up around Jeeps and knew exactly what i was getting into. i now have three Jeeps, all paid for. i am the Jay Leno of junk Jeeps.

i have three tops...hard top, soft top, and the bikini top/tonneau cover package. soft top goes back on in another month or so, i will put it down the first dry 55 degree day we get.

so if one wants a Jeep, and i mean a real Jeep (Wrangler, CJ, etc, not that FWD shit, and not a Grand Cherokee or even worse, a Liberty), then this is what i have to say:

Jeeps are noisy.
    Jeeps ride like shit.
    Jeeps get lousy gas mileage.
    Jeeps are easily broken into.
    Jeeps are sometimes hard to get in and out of.

if any of these are a problem, do NOT buy a Jeep. or if they are a problem and you decide to buy it anyways, do not bitch about these problems around me.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

villains
    Favorite VH Song

cup of tea
    Last Online

08.13.09 @ 01:54 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

<tries to establish opinion> i've worked in the automotive manufacturing industry for over ten years and have been in nearly every manufacturers facilities. i will NEVER purchase a big three built car again. their manufacturing methodologies are obsolete and cater to getting around a union bureaucracy.

dead serious, i would purchase a bmw (whatever model floats your boat). i have owned two and, as of now, do not plan on purchasing any other make of car again. they are as advertised...the ultimate driving machine.

purchase as much bmw as you can afford...20K will get you a 2003'ish model with 60K'ish miles. it will last you, assuming you maintain it at least average, over 250,000 miles.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,356 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    i am the Jay Leno of junk Jeeps.
    i have three tops...hard top, soft top, and the bikini top/tonneau cover package. soft top goes back on in another month or so, i will put it down the first dry 55 degree day we get.

so if one wants a Jeep, and i mean a real Jeep (Wrangler, CJ, etc, not that FWD shit, and not a Grand Cherokee or even worse, a Liberty), then this is what i have to say:

Jeeps are noisy.
    Jeeps ride like shit.
    Jeeps get lousy gas mileage.
    Jeeps are easily broken into.
    Jeeps are sometimes hard to get in and out of.

if any of these are a problem, do NOT buy a Jeep. or if they are a problem and you decide to buy it anyways, do not bitch about these problems around me.
    Hail fellow jeepster
    add to your list
    jeeps can be expensive to fix
    jeeps don't have enough storage space
    jeeps have expensive tires

everyone who drives a wrangler (you've got me beat, I'm only on my second) will give you all the drawbacks and yet............everytime you pass a fellow wrangler on the highway, they wave at you, and you wave at them....it's a "fellowship in suffering" kinda thing

I heart my Wrangler

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 06:15 PM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

Consider yourself blessed to be in a position to get a new vehicle and take the opportunity to invest in your country. Buy domestic and feel good about it.

I've had Buicks I've not been able to kill.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Balance, VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Not Enough, DTNA, Unchained
    Last Online

03.01.09 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by seenbad View Post
    Consider yourself blessed to be in a position to get a new vehicle and take the opportunity to invest in your country. Buy domestic and feel good about it.

I've had Buicks I've not been able to kill.
    amen to that!

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH1, VHII or Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

They're all great!
    Last Online

04.02.15 @ 07:26 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

i bought a ford focus last year after driving all the previous models and really liking them, but i'm sad to say the recent "upgrades" have ruined what was quite a fun car to drive, plus its crap with its fuel (i also have a supercharged v6 which is actually more fuel efficient!) personally i would rather have my testicles thown into the sun than have another focus, just my 2c, although i am talking about the U.K version (i imagine the U.S version would be far worse)
    http://www.facebook.com/Tommywho5150

And with that I'm off to the kitchen to make myself a lesbian omelette...LLFHS in response to one of Graeme's post's

"The anal beads may have scarred SNIC for life. That guy is tough as fucking nails!! No normal guy could take anal beads to the head and survive! "...OLO on SNIC's near death experience at TLW

"I'm a 45-year-old man, and I still like to wear a thong or a speedo when I go swimming.
    Not because I have a great body, it's just an easy way to make sure I have the hotel swimming pool all to myself."...Bullwinkle for quite obvious reasons!

"Dude, the cashier gave me the creepiest sneer when he rang up my unmentionables!"...Sassy Lassy during a Facebook conversation!