Favorite VH Album

All Classic DLR Era
    Favorite VH Song

All Classic DLR Era
    Last Online

09.12.17 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts

Default Question

Has anybody ever asked Ed, or the rest of the band for that matter, in an interview who's bright idea it was to get rid of Michael Anthony on the VH I and WACF album covers when they first relaunched their site? I'd love to hear Ed's response to this. I'd love to see him squirm. As a follow up question I'd love to hear why they didn't do it when Dave wasn't in the band. They appeared to have hated Dave more than Mike so I don't understand why Mike got screwed so bad.

Is every interviewer too chickenshit to ask him since it's Eddie? Between that and Mike finding out over the internet after 30 years of service he wasn't in the band anymore is just mind boggling to me. These are questions that should have been asked a long time ago.
    I can't remember which comedian said it, about the current state of Van Halen, but he said right now, Van Halen is like a really hot playboy playmate with a prosthetic leg.

BRING BACK THE CLASSIC LINEUP!

I can't even have an opinion on ANYTHING anymore unless it's exactly what everyone else thinks...oh and if I do it means I HATE this album, and hope it fails. Man some of you can fuck off...seriously. - BRETT

"You make music for people. Otherwise, just play in your closet. And how do you reach the most people? By giving them the band that they know. To do it any other way would be selfish. - EVH, June 19, 2015 Billboard Magazine

"That's a load of crap. The fans know Michael Anthony." - Me, regarding the above quote from EVH, June 19, 2015

On Fire Eddie's Littler Monster's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

In A Simple Rhyme
    Last Online

07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

I have to imagine the list of banned questions given to reporters is 40 pages long. No questions that are not run through the crack Van Halen press machine and reviewed before asked to Ed.

- Nothing about Mike, Sam, Val, Gary etc.
    - Nothing about drugs, alcohol problems
    - Nothing about Past relationships with Music Man, Peavey etc.

etc. You get the point.

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

We need a totally unrestricted interview in the vein of "Top 10 Questions for Eddie VH, the Bottom Truth" (LOL)

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Rock Hits Magazine: Eddie, I want to thank you for taking the time to sit down with us today.

Eddie: No problem. It's my pleasure.

Rock Hits Magazine: I know how busy you are these days with your new guitar line.

Eddie: Yeah, the EVH brand Wolfgangs are really keeping me busy. I've put all of my thirty-five years of experience into designing the ultimate guitar and it's really paid off.

Rock Hits Magazine: So, I just have a few questions for you...

Eddie: Sure. Go ahead.

Rock Hits Magazine: First off, who was the fuckheaded dickbrain assclown who decided it wouldn't be the stupidest, most retarded bullshit dumbass idea to erase Michael Anthony's picture from the fucking album covers and---

Eddie: Matt, get my gun.

Rock Hits Magazine:--replace him with Wolfgang who wasn't even fucking born when those---

Eddie: BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

Don't read this.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Rock Hits Magazine: Eddie, I want to thank you for taking the time to sit down with us today.

Rock Hits Magazine: I know how busy you are these days with your new guitar line.

Eddie: Yeah, the EVH brand Wolfgangs are really keeping me busy. I've put all of my thirty-five years of experience into designing the ultimate guitar and it's really paid off.

Rock Hits Magazine: First off, who was the fuckheaded dickbrain assclown who decided it wouldn't be the stupidest, most retarded bullshit dumbass idea to erase Michael Anthony's picture from the fucking album covers and---

Rock Hits Magazine:--replace him with Wolfgang who wasn't even fucking born when those---

About as insightful an interview I'd expect. But would'nt Matty pull the trigger? He does everything else his owner asks.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

VHIII/WACF/OU51BALUCK
    Last Online

07.24.11 @ 04:36 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

honestly I don't think the interviews he has given as of late are done by people who have anything more than the most basic knowledge of VH. I'm sure Rolling Stone would love to do one of those famous "hard hitting" deals with him but history shows that they don't even need the subject of an article to take part in order to dig in...anyone remember that piece they did on Eddie Vedder several years back? He didn't want to do an interview so they decided to tear the guy apart in one of those "expose'" type pieces where they talked to everyone who ever had a bone to pick with him.

As for the Guitar World interviews, those were set up to be what they were...centered around the gear and not the band or his demons etc.

He doesn't seem to want to get into those things...for a bunch of reasons I'm sure. Many probably take that to mean that he doesn't want to "own up" and be "held accountable" and I'm sure there's something to that but in the end, I'm not all that interested. Though I would be interested to know what his response to a question regarding the album covers would be.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 12:57 PM
    Liked 102 Times in 69 Posts

I think the reality is Eddie was pissed at Sammy because the ladder wouldn't bow down to him and went on with his life and had a good time doing it, and because Michael tried not to get in the middle of it and stay on friendly terms with both sides the Van Halen brothers cut him off.

I'm starting to look back on the original Van-Roth split with an entirely different perspective. Sure, Roth was overly flamboyant and had his moments of being a total jerk but maybe behind the scenes he was in the right.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

03.03.09 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The reason is simple,Mike Anthony is irrelevant.He's just another expendible bass player.Roth was an undeniable presence in the band and a legend as well.Any thought of trying to "erase" Roth from the first 6 VH albums,and replace him with a fat,moppy headed no talent like Sammy Hacker is just absurd.
    Last edited by Jackedup; 02.26.09 at 11:45 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Balance, VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Not Enough, DTNA, Unchained
    Last Online

03.01.09 @ 05:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedup View Post
    The reason is simple,Mike Anthony is irrelevant.He's just another expendible bass player.Roth was an undeniable presence in the band and a legend as well.Any thought of trying to "erase" Roth from the first 6 VH albums,and replace him with a fat,moppy headed no talent like Sammy Hacker is just absurd.
    Irrelevant?!? you're kidding?!?! a vital part of VH was Mikey's backup vocals,

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Just another Ed sheep that's all.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J-GABE View Post
    Irrelevant?!? you're kidding?!?! a vital part of VH was Mikey's backup vocals,
    Really? I saw them 3 times in 07 and Mike was never missed by the 20,000 + in attendence.The tour never went outside the U.S. and still nearly grossed 100 million,and was the bands highest grossing tour.....but it was still viewed a failure by many because Mike wasnt there?

Favorite VH Album

Balance, VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackedup View Post
    Really? I saw them 3 times in 07 and Mike was never missed by the 20,000 + in attendence.The tour never went outside the U.S. and still nearly grossed 100 million,and was the bands highest grossing tour.....but it was still viewed a failure by many because Mike wasnt there?
    well lets look at ticket prices now compared to 1984?? Of course this would be their highest grossing tour.

Favorite VH Album

Balance, VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And quote me where i said failure?? I never said that, I'm saying listen to VH1-1984, all those great backup vocals are mikey, you just make him sound like he was a nothing in the band, and thats completely untrue.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by J-GABE View Post
    And quote me where i said failure?? I never said that, I'm saying listen to VH1-1984, all those great backup vocals are mikey, you just make him sound like he was a nothing in the band, and thats completely untrue.
    He wasnt always a nothing,but he sure is now.