Whoa, this is heavy! Jedi McFly's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:07 AM
    Liked 2,861 Times in 1,072 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Guitar Room Rumor mill....

FWIW.....

Here's a quote from "jammybastard" on The Gear Page, a gear forum I frequent.

You're going to being seeing a lot more of this kind of thing from Ed.
    Spoke to my buddy who's a veteran Fender rep and he says that Ed has a fire under his ass to sell, sell, sell.

Here's a newsflash...there is a cheaper version of the new Wolfgang on it's way later this year as well has some higher priced "exclusive" versions.
    According to my buddy they are just trying to "milk the hardcore fans right now" before they roll them out.

You heard it here first.

Favorite VH Album

Fair warning, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

HAIL, love walks in, 5150
    Last Online

@
    Liked 6,354 Times in 3,194 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi McFly View Post
    FWIW.....

Here's a quote from "jammybastard" on The Gear Page, a gear forum I frequent.
    I think someone already called this one.

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 07:24 AM
    Liked 737 Times in 350 Posts

What's he got, a team of monkeys working around the clock on this one?

Yeah duh.
    "Having an opinion that people disagree with doesn't make you a Douche, arguing with the people who disagree with your opinion and calling them stupid does!" -Me.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Honestly,
    I don't blame Ed. We all can sit back, wait for the people to sell these on Ebay, and get them cheaper...
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm disappointed.
    Not surprised ... just disappointed.

It's no surprise that EvH wants to flood the market with all types of versions of these "new" Wolfgangs. We've already seen it done with the Peavey's.
    But IMO, having ONE model would be more true to what it's suppose to be ...
    a "signature" guitar.

JMO

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

I'm glad there are more expensive models coming out. If you're going to sell an overpriced guitar then, damn it, make it overpriced! No more pussyfooting around!
    I say $5000 and not a penny less!

Don't read this.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.21.09 @ 01:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    I'm disappointed.
    Not surprised ... just disappointed.

It's no surprise that EvH wants to flood the market with all types of versions of these "new" Wolfgangs. We've already seen it done with the Peavey's.
    But IMO, having ONE model would be more true to what it's suppose to be ...
    a "signature" guitar.

JMO
    That's a great point! In fact, back in the MusicMan days that's exactly why there wasn't a cheap version. Ed seemed to have the attitude that "this is the guitar, this is what I use. There's no cheap version because that's not what I play." Of course, I guess you can't blame the guy for being a good businessman...

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad. It Jamz!!!
    Last Online

04.11.13 @ 12:43 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We know that Ed isnt the only one behind this. He works for FENDER now!

I cant blame him at all. This isnt just a signature guitar but HIS BRAND!!

I cant believe that some of you are so critical of Ed . HE IS THE REASON WHY WE LOVE ROCK AND ROLL SO MUCH AND IS THE REASON WE PLAY GUITAR, AND DEFINETLY WHY WE ALL SPEND OUR TIME ON HERE. Its not because of Mike!

In his prime this would have been Ideal and everyone would have wanted a piece of any gear he would have put out. Now he puts it out and evryone complains!

I dont get it people. Ed Finally got a hold a a toy factory and he is putting out some serious toys! We all heard them on tour and we were pleased!

Come guys give him a break!!!!

EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Enough
    Last Online

11.17.15 @ 08:56 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Len75 View Post

I cant believe that some of you are so critical of Ed . HE IS THE REASON WHY WE LOVE ROCK AND ROLL SO MUCH AND IS THE REASON WE PLAY GUITAR, AND DEFINETLY WHY WE ALL SPEND OUR TIME ON HERE. Its not because of Mike!

In his prime this would have been Ideal and everyone would have wanted a piece of any gear he would have put out. Now he puts it out and evryone complains!

I dont get it people. Ed Finally got a hold a a toy factory and he is putting out some serious toys! We all heard them on tour and we were pleased!

First off, I don't think Ed works for Fender.
    It's a working relationship and IMO, Fender benefits way more from this relationship than Ed.

Second, I think EvH has figured out that if he doesn't copyright and produce all of these offerings himself (ala Charvel Art Series, Fender Frankie, etc..), others like you and I will simply make them ourselves. Some may even sell them for profit.
    In other words ... Ed's not doing anyone any "favors".
    Last edited by Dino5150; 02.24.09 at 08:44 PM.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dino5150 View Post
    First off, I don't think Ed works for Fender.
    It's a working relationship and IMO, Fender benefits way more from this relationship than Ed.

Second, I think EvH has figured out that if he doesn't copyright and produce all of these offerings himself (ala Charvel Art Series, Fender Frankie, etc..), others like you and I will simply make them ourselves. Some may even sell them for profit.
    In other words ... Ed's not doing anyone any "favors".
    Disagree on that man. If You think Eddie isnt doing Fender a favor then why would Fender tackle a guy like Ed.( unstable alcoholic, that in the past we thought lost his mind along with his skills as a guitar player. Remember it really was like that!) This is a business decision that works both ways. All Eddie is doing is being himself and thats a favor already. Come ON guys you wouldnt do the same thing. Who wouldnt want there name on there own brand of guitars. Eddie is responsible for all of this "hot rod guitars" stuff and if people are going to use his STRIPES(IMAGE) THEN HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CAPITALIZE ON IT. Why shouldnt he? YOU WOULD AND I KNOW DAMN SURE I WOULD!

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

It really is not a big deal. Appreciate him for what he is or "was" good at. He is obviously not making the greatest decisions. It is ironic that his latest low grade PR run is a product of his new squeeze, girlfriend or whatever, but it is not like he is forcing you to buy his half truths or his products....the bottom line is Ed is a half truth type of personality, he is not loyal ,not always truthful etc..... his track record proves it. He is selling guitars and straps that are not worth the money, simple. I know and have met people just like him. He goes by the philosophy that there is a new person to bullshit everyday and he is right, if he believes his B.S. then other people will too. It works for a while, then when it is not working he re invents himself.....Translation = getting rid of the people around him who disagree with him even if he is wrong...... the people who " get it " are simply the people who will agree with what he is saying or doing. Look at his path, in other threads people say he has sucked since 1984, well I will broaden that by saying that he has been veering off the track since he got started VH1...........if you look at his demise, it parallels his obssesion for being more of a dictator....an authoritarian .... " his band" recording in "his" studio" (5150) "his ideas" " his musical soul mate " The more he has gotten what he has wanted, the worse he has gotten. Not good for someone with his personality. He is using Fender, it is that simple. It is like someone who wants to work on his car but has no garage, so what does he do, he goes to his neighbors house to borrow his garage and his tools, next thing ya know he is telling the person what to do !!! That is what he did with ernie ball, that is what he did with peavey, that is what he did with sammy, that is what he did with Mike, that is what he did with his EX wife, that is just what he does........ He slathers you up with his B.S. and then when you wake up it is too late !!! He is obviously a talented guy, he is just off track. We all have are weaknesses, he has become addicted to lying to people and getting away with it ! A nicer word for it would be "embellishing". but in my world a half truth is what it is...........a lie !

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

All of them!
    Favorite VH Song

Most of them!
    Last Online

09.16.16 @ 04:53 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

By the way..I just read that interview, wich was amusing, but I noticed his comment about wax potting pickups. Now since I don't know the facts on this one , he is claiming that he was the first to ever wax pot a pickup. So here is a perfect test. Can anybody verify this, before I call seymour duncan or larry dimarzio ?

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Len75 View Post

Len, meet Kimmie.
    Kimmie, meet Len.

Don't read this.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH1
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    Len, meet Kimmie.
    Kimmie, meet Len.
    Ha!!

Your saying your not a fan? Why are you here? I know! Daves chaps........
    Last edited by Len75; 02.24.09 at 10:04 PM.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

EVH did play every version of the Peavey Wolfgang on stage and in the studio (the exception being the import Wolfgang Special EXP, which, in my opinion, cheapened the Wolfgang line). So I wouldn't be surprised if he also used every version of this new Wolfgang as well.