07.14.17 @ 10:27 AM
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 551 Times in 383 Posts

I dont agree with Ed at all on this one, but then again, I dont make millions from this kind of thing.

My real question is Irving Azoff, CEO of ticketmaster, the same one as the rock manager?

How much time does this guy have and that would explain why Van Halen and Journey support it as they are clients of his.
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear about it later
    Last Online

12.03.10 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VH1988 View Post
    I dont agree with Ed at all on this one, but then again, I dont make millions from this kind of thing.

My real question is Irving Azoff, CEO of ticketmaster, the same one as the rock manager?

How much time does this guy have and that would explain why Van Halen and Journey support it as they are clients of his.
    +1 Ticketmasters a complete assrape. I can go into detail later, but their practice of presale to corps. and other promotions has ruined the experience of getting tickets. "Take it or leave it" when you get tickets they say. When they wanted as much as they did for VH in Vancouver, and being "sold out" up to the balcony left of the stage, when I was second in line....my bullshit detector went off big time, and I said fuck it.
    She looks so $#@!'n good ,so sexy and so frail....Somethin's got the bite on me, I'm goin' straight to Hell.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

It is worth noting that the artists listed as being in favor of the merger coincidentally have been or currently are managed by Irving Azoff. As usual, Rolling Stone has pretty much cut and pasted bits and pieces of an at times dubious source, this time the notoriously iffy newsgatherer Reuters.

If you'd like to read the original article, do not use the link Rolling Stone offers, as it boneheadedly takes you to the wrong page. Here is the link to the original article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/8371967
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

VHII
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the Sky
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 06:41 AM
    Liked 193 Times in 97 Posts

It seems to me that Ed speaking out about this merger means new music and tours are in the works. Why else would Eddie give a rats ass about this merger?

Bring the new music Ed, we are waiting!!

~ I like the way the line runs up the back of her stockings ~

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:35 PM
    Liked 1,390 Times in 763 Posts

"Other names of support include Eddie Van Halen and his son Wolfgang"

Wow, I didn't know Wolfy was an expert in anti-trust law! The kid IS really talented!
    Little Dreamer

Unchained
    Last Online

11.01.15 @ 04:47 PM
    Liked 22 Times in 9 Posts

Here's what truly sickens me: they throw in words and phrases that they suspect will generate sympathy -- "save jobs," "beleaguered music industry" -- brothers and sisters, TM ain't beleaguered -- "strong American company" and so on. Oh, they also say that the merger would "aid ticket price transparency." Right: something that TM has strived for years to attain. Believe me, the last thing TM wants is price transparency.

Wolfgang wrote a letter of support for the merger? Sure, *he* has a full and deep understanding of this level of the business. Dad, let the kid reach drinking age before he's corrupted.

I fully expect my credit card to be declined -- hell, my *cash* to be declined -- the next time I try to buy a ticket from TM.
    Last edited by AllThaStuff; 02.24.09 at 01:39 PM.

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:00 PM
    Liked 551 Times in 383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dreamer View Post

Wow, I didn't know Wolfy was an expert in anti-trust law! The kid IS really talented!
    yeah, sorry if I dont listen to 17 year old on issues of business...
    [B]
    Eddie Van Halen in 2012:

"ESQ: What are you going to do with all the material that you wrote with Sammy Hagar?

EVH: Oh, I hadn't thought about that. That's some great music. They're just on vacation, maybe. They're off to college and they're going their own way. Who knows?"

○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ ○ Number 47's Avatar
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 6,851 Times in 3,588 Posts

Premium Member

Don't be surprised if the young man doesn't have an uncanny business sense. Some people act like Ed or Val just leave him a pile of lunch money on the kitchen table every morning.

I had my first paying job at 15 years old, opened my own bank account, and stunned my parents two years later, when I had $5K to put down on a new car. They thought I blew it all on music and beer.

Wolf might know more about what the deal means than Poppy does.

The lads opinion on the matter doesn't mean a thing to me, but he is a member of the mighty Van Halen now, and his voiced support is noted.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Of course Eddie supports this! Irving Azoff - a.k.a. the devil - stands to reap huge rewards from this. Irving Azoff manages Van Halen. Meanwhile, we get closer and closer to a monopoly in this whole area. I'm worried for the future of our wallets when it comes to live music in anything bigger than a bar.

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 12:23 PM
    Liked 2,238 Times in 1,130 Posts

Premium Member

Does it surprise you that established bands would be all for this? How about asking the fans what they want: monopoly or competition?

We can all sign a letter and send it to the senate telling them: "This letter has been received and carries an additional $3.75 carrying fee, a $10 convenience fee, and a $7 your-brain-must-process-the information-you-are-reading-so-we-must-charge-for-your-ability-to-read charge.

Maybe they'll get the idea.
    CNN may think my opinion matters, but you shouldn't.

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH, WACF, FW, 5150, OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Dreams/Unchained/InASR/5150
    Last Online

11.25.17 @ 04:30 AM
    Liked 298 Times in 161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    Does it surprise you that established bands would be all for this?
    Nope. Not at all. It's funny: there have been so many record-breaking tours in the last several years, but most of those records have been about money grossed, not attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by bsbll4 View Post
    How about asking the fans what they want: monopoly or competition?
    Since when has it been about what the fans want? Ha ha ha!

"The shit I read on this site." -- Dave's Dreidel (Nov 6th, 2013)

"Don't ever confuse talent with fame." -- Bob Lefsetz

"There's very little greatness in this world, but in the crucible of quality there's a special corner reserved for Van Halen." -- Bob Lefsetz

Sinner's Swing!
    Last Online

07.01.10 @ 06:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default This is a great American industry. It's an important part of our culture and our hist

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    It is worth noting that the artists listed as being in favor of the merger coincidentally have been or currently are managed by Irving Azoff. As usual, Rolling Stone has pretty much cut and pasted bits and pieces of an at times dubious source, this time the notoriously iffy newsgatherer Reuters.

If you'd like to read the original article, do not use the link Rolling Stone offers, as it boneheadedly takes you to the wrong page. Here is the link to the original article: http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/8371967
    A telling quote from the article:
    "This is a great American industry. It's an important part of our culture and our history and it's at a very important crossroads," Azoff said in an interview. "The current music industry is broken."
    U.S. recorded music sales are down more than 50 percent since peaking in 2000, hurt first by piracy then by digital music services such as Apple Inc's iTunes, which sell much fewer albums.
    "We're certainly not anti-record company but the labels tried to fight technology and look where it got them," said Azoff.
    He implies that this merger is a path of salvation for the music industry when really, all it is is a consolidation of power, resources, and wealth. Its a means to hold on to any last shred of the old way of doing things. The music industry is rotting on the vine. All the artist that will benefit this merger as well as be benefited by it are the tried and true artists that have been around forever. The seeking and development of new talent has been left for dead and the indie labels, where the only new "mega stars" will be compliments of "American Idol". Not too many candidates of contempory music that I could imagine becoming a mega-cashcow for the industry in the near future. So, a merger like this will put more money, generated predominately from a finite amount of artists, into fewer hands. Doesn't sound like a long term solution to a dying industry.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:10 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Whatever happend to standing in line for hours in the rain trying to get tickets to a show. Things were alot more honest back then.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing!/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.13.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 15 Posts

Awesome.